Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: July 21, 2020 03:44PM

* * * K I N G D O M b u s i n e s s e s * * *

Compiling a list of 'kingdom' businesses that purportedly were financing the 'upward flow', but instead were just lining the pockets of those who would build their own private kingdom.

If possible, please include:

1) Business name
2) Business location
3) Business type
4) Years active
5) Any other pertinent details

(Where did all the $$$ go ? ? ?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 04:04PM by kBOY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: July 25, 2020 08:58AM

I just wanted to speak a kind word for Mike Wood, who got into a disagreement with Apco and left TLWF, and then later committed suicide. The business name was Wood Electric and it was located in Whitewater and Colorado Springs, CO. It was an electrical contracting business that spanned several decades, although I was not there the whole time. Many who were in the local church in Palmer Lake were employed by Mike. We worked together during the day and then attended services together in the evenings. Mike put his workers first, which was a very uncommon trait in TLWF and took courage to do. It really was like family and something I appreciate to this day. I know he faced other demons that apparently made him think death was his only escape, but he treated his workers very well and did not fleece them. I'm sorry for the hurt he caused several unrelated to business. It was something those of us who were around him daily for many years did not see. I can only speak for myself, but I know I would have said something had I known. I spoke up many times about other things less important and had a revolving door in and out of leadership as a result. Much has come to light about the senior leadership of TLWF and those that chose to cover it up will eventually have to answer to God for it. God does not abuse people. If that is going on, it is a good sign it is not God.

Date: July 26, 2020 02:22AM

L A R R Y b o b o

Thank you for that perspective.

The few encounters I had with Mike, either in L.A. or Shiloh, were always pleasant.  Happy to hear he treated you well.

I was a bit shocked and saddened to hear of his passing, but as we now know, disclosures of serious misconduct were probably what led to his suicide.  As we have learned from some of the best (JRS, G&M), a public face can often hide a much darker private one.

We lived in a culture that continually reminded us of our shortcomings, with no satisfactory avenue of alleviating our guilt, some of which was deserved, but most of it not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2020 02:28AM by kBOY.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 27, 2020 12:27AM

kBOY wrote:
I was a bit shocked and saddened to hear of his passing, but as we now know, disclosures of serious misconduct were probably what led to his suicide. As we have learned from some of the best (JRS, G&M), a public face can often hide a much darker private one.

I didn't know Mike Wood, and the only info I have about him is what has been written in this forum. Was his suicide related to a dark, private life that was exposed?

Date: July 27, 2020 03:06AM

C H A N G E D

I will PM you with what I know.

Date: July 27, 2020 09:08PM

A post by 'PowerTrip' early in the year:

Posted by: PowerTrip
Date: January 29, 2020 04:49AM

Hi guys,

Time has passed since my last post when I had the courage to say that what I have suffered when I was young during my time at TLWF was abuse. I feel like I aged 5 years and I am honestly not want to talk about me but I know some people might have questions. Yes, I was abused. I survived. I moved on. My motto was “they cannot win” I am going to survive and be someone that I would be proud in the long run. Nothing was easy and my body and mental health were taken to the limits many, many times but I survived. I am okay.

We were blindly following an alcoholic apostle (JRS) and the toxic structure he left behind. I wish we could all see that 20-30 years ago! Honestly, I think that even today JRS would have to be impressed for his legacy and all the lives G&M and APCO were able to screw. Honestly, I was reading the posts about the cow tag earrings. It was a COW but after decades of conditioning and listening to what was right and wrong, we never stood a chance guys. We were never meant to get out!

I was thinking about 4generation post from one year ago. Thank you so much for sharing it Changedagain!

{The damage this leadership has done to young people is immeasurable, but the worst of all is that the fellowship leaders (haworths, esteves, hargraves, holbrooks) never retract or acknowledge their personal mistakes).

And I am asking, to the 3rd and 4th generations. What can we do to help? What else we can do? Should we write our own version of a letter to our young self and say all the dangers of being in a cult? About TLW specific?

I was doing some research in order to write this post and I found out that cults rarely withstand a second generation and TLWF is on its 4th, 5th? Is that right?

{This is the most cruel and perverse teaching there could be in any kind of "cult". And after all that, those who called themselves Christ in the flesh did not repent, did not let go of power, divide the congregation, and did not confess the truth. They just hide and are waiting for the right moment to return and have their ministries restored.}

The internet has its own way to keep everything private and not name names and I am literally just thinking about how can I help or how can we all help to prevent this same thing from happening again and again and again.

4generation is right. They are just waiting for the dust to settle. Unfortunately, we also supported years of financial aid and they can wait for the best moment.

We must find ways to stop TLW existence. I know this is redundant but remember I am only one month old to this site so give me some newbie credit!

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: July 27, 2020 10:57PM

Thanks for sharing, PowerTrip. So glad you are safe.

And now to those who won't or can't leave the group formerly known as TLWF. I was just like you for over forty years. Here is a word to the wise:

The owners of The Walk/The Living Word Fellowship have been degenerate conmen and women from the start. Yes, I said "owners" because that's what they are. Did you think that you had any say at all in what happens in the "Fellowship"? Just because you bow and scrape and give them the very essence of your soul and everything you have? They don't give a rat's a$$ about you. They are narcissistic sociopaths who have set themselves up as God. How do you argue with that? If you are still bowing to the God-owners, then they own you too, lock stock and barrel. Think about it. Now that they have neen exposed, this would be the perfect time to wake up and RUN. Get the hell out before they destroy another generation of your loved ones. You know, the family members that the God-owners will send you off to when you are too old and sick to care for yourself? Hopefully, those children and other family members will forgive you and care for you. The God-owners sure as hell won't. When they have taken every last dime from you and every last ounce of your strength, they will give you a "Word from God" to go live with the family that they ordered you to shun for all those years. If you have been around for any length of time, deep down you know this is true.

If they really were "Christ in the flesh", they would not treat people this way. They have lied to you. Please listen, for once. Your children try to help you, but you blow them off. I hear them crying. It's disgusting. Stop. Please, stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2020 11:01PM by Reepicheep.

Date: July 28, 2020 12:04AM

True, Reep.

Date: July 28, 2020 01:47AM

DOOR-OPENER APOSTLE

I enlisted in the ranks sometime in January 1975, and I do not remember JRS wearing the DOOR-OPENER APOSTLE mantle at that time.  I also do not remember him pitching the idea himself, but there was some nebulous gray timezone where that idea was floated and seemed to stick, probably sometime during the nephilim wars and 'sieges' from 1976-79.

Does anyone have any insight as to the actual origin of the idea;  from JRS, or from some other rabid sycophant on his/her way to (temporarily) losing their mind? 

Date: July 28, 2020 03:30AM

I was heavily involved in the intercession in the mid to late 70's, and I recall the idea of him being the "door-opener" and/or the "apostle to the Kingdom" being frequently referenced in our vocalized prayers at church services...with him present and not contradicting anything spoken. I also recall messages John brought during that time period in which he would claim to be leading the way into 'resurrection life,' and if he "broke through," it would open the door for others to follow. I can't pinpoint exactly when this phase started, but knew...especially since the local church I attended was fully immersed in this intercession...that it was a concept embraced by him and his most rabid followers. Of course, shortly after he died in June of 1983 there was a directive from G & M to pray for his return. I lost a good friend (John Mahon) as a result of this directive, who left the church (along with his family), after writing a letter to Apco, stating his objections to this lunacy. The word came back via the new pastor that Gary was glad that John M. had decided to leave the church.

p.s. We loose the father's family!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 03:40AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.