Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 16, 2020 06:38AM

A few posts from mid-September, 2018:

Posted by: To Tell The Truth
Date: September 15, 2018 04:54PM

kBOY wrote: "Each will have to pursue healing in whatever manner suits them best. The unique characteristics of this forum offer perspectives from fellow participants that are in addition to any help one might pursue from professionals."

I think that's the beauty of this Forum. Healing comes from many different places and in many different ways. I am finally finding myself after being lost for many, many years. During those Walk years, I prided myself on "being in the flow." It was very easy to recognize those poor souls who were not and to judge them accordingly. We were indoctrinated to believe that we were the Kingdom of God and would rule and reign over everyone and everything. I've realized over the years that to some extent that kind of insidious thinking is still a part of me, even though I left the Walk many years ago.

I am no longer interested in Christianity and religion. I got fed up with being judged and preached at a long time ago and can't abide it. I have found help and truth from other sources. Learning to have self-compassion and to love myself has helped me to treat others better. These days I look for ways to be of quiet service to my fellow-man and fellow-women. It's been nice to let go of the harshness and judgment that lived in me.

Posted by: kbyrne
Date: September 18, 2018 06:49PM

rrmoderator:

"What you are describing is incredible control over people's lives with no boundaries whatsoever.

The only way to stop it is to leave the group. And groups like this make that very difficult by characterizing those who leave as "leaving God" and/or rejecting "God and His word." They make you feel that obedience to them is obedience to God and disobedience to them is disobedience to God."

So very true!

I don't know if I would have left but for feeling totally disillusioned after JRS died. The crazy thing, and the thing that set me on the path of finding this forum, was 2 years ago when my husband and I moved, I once again (like I had many times before) dragged my boxes of tapes, books, This Weeks, and personal ministries with me. I don't think in 35 years I had listened to a tape or read a This Week, yet I couldn't throw them out because somehow I felt if I threw them out, I was throwing out the word of God. I didn't have to attend services for the brainwashing to be there. However long it takes, I will keep peeling away the layers.

Posted by: puddington
Date: September 18, 2018 07:43PM

kbyrne -— BURN IT ALL!!!! It will make a lovely fire. To use Walk terminology: you have to break your bond with The Living Word. : )

Posted by: Cloudwatcher
Date: September 19, 2018 10:24PM

I wish I had waited until I could have a bonfire to throw them in --the LW bound volumes, cds, tapes and all literature. But it did feel good to dump them all in the trash can. Delightful actually

Posted by: changedagain
Date: September 21, 2018 09:26AM

puddington Wrote:

Think back to when you first came in. What were
you looking for? What attracted you? And did
that pay out for you? Did what you were looking
for come about? Did you experience fulfillment?
I certainly didn't. I experienced a lot of pain,
self-loathing and misery.

And, you were blamed from the pulpit for being miserable. If you were truly open and submissive to the "living word," you would be rejoicing in your suffering. Because eventually...this suffering would allow you to rule and reign with Him. Lord it over others.
Remember all those warnings in the 90's about not being insecure ('insecurity is Satan in the Kingdom!' )? G & M would habitually treat people harshly, make sure they knew how they were 'missing the mark', and then judge them for not feeling accepted. Cruel, manipulative con artists.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: July 16, 2020 07:19AM

C H A N G E D :

"Learning to have self-compassion and to love myself has helped me to treat others better. These days I look for ways to be of quiet service to my fellow-man and fellow-women. It's been nice to let go of the harshness and judgment that lived in me."

I hate to put it in these terms, but you just might be 'walking in the Word'. (Hope that wasn't a trigger.)

Date: July 16, 2020 09:08AM

That's from the poster 'To Tell the Truth,' kBOY. Whoever it is, I wish them well.

Date: July 16, 2020 09:41AM

Now...how to effectively deal with people's anger management problems ;)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 07, 2019 10:27AM

Typer wrote:
John Sayer in Palmer Lake brought quite a few words on people having anger management problems. He would read from some author about it over the pulpit (can't remember the book). He would call people out over the pulpit from time to time; to make sure we were all quaking in our boots when he brought a word.

Typer,
So he yelled at people about anger management problems? Classic...

Date: July 16, 2020 10:54PM

EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM BETTER GET A RIGHT SPIRIT OR ELSE.
THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Date: July 16, 2020 11:23PM

Discussion group stats to date:

Views: 1,950,118

p.s.
Commenters with a right spirit: 0

Date: July 19, 2020 05:21PM

T W I S T E D s c r i p t u r e

All religions have a way of twisting their own scriptures, which accounts for all the schisms that eventually result from an emphasis put on one interpretation over another--TheWalk/TLW notwithstanding.  Certain parts were harped upon while other parts were ignored, carefully crafting a narrative that served an upward flow.

I do believe Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of THIS world", and, "Call no man Father."  No earthly kingdom has ever been established without much pain and suffering at its foundation.  Those who proclaim to follow the WAY will follow the example of the one who LOVED unconditionally and took nothing away from the life of another.  Those who kingdom-build indulge in behavior just the opposite.

A wise one once said, we will know them by their fruit, and TheWalk/TLW has reaped a devastating harvest.

Date: July 20, 2020 11:34PM

kBOY Wrote:

> A wise one once said, we will know them by their
> fruit, and TheWalk/TLW has reaped a devastating
> harvest.

True

Date: July 20, 2020 11:35PM

Post by Walked from November of 2018:

Posted by: Walked
Date: November 16, 2018 06:43AM

I feel like I’ve just been told there is no Santa Claus….

While I didn’t suffer the horrendous violations that those under the sexual predators and their enablers did, the Church soaked up over 8 years of my prime life and more money, time, and labor than my stomach wants to admit. Worse, discovering the truth presented in this forum deeply shakes my belief in God, because this “Church” is the only way I knew him, and now I see it was all a lie.

I was married in the church and spent untold hours on the road driving from one service to another (6 churches in SoCal). I traveled to Shiloh, CO, and Aurora; I cleaned a local church regularly, and I felt devastated at not being able to keep up with the never-ending flow of sermon notes, tapes, and This Weeks. My relationship and the timing of all involved was directed by my “shepherds” who I now recognize as inexperienced young guys who were just winging it and who weren’t any more pious than I was.

I always felt inferior to those who held named positions, and I was awestruck when seeing JRS in Anaheim and South Gate and the Valley church. I only regret that I had never seen him perform one of his laying on of hands “miracles” or to have seen him “glow” as was described to me. I wondered when God would speak to me and show me what everyone else seemed to be seeing/experiencing around me.

When JRS died I was pretty certain that he’d rise again. When Marilyn and Gary took up together I thought it was tacky and suspicious, but who was I to question? When they traveled the country with leather suitcases and moved to beautiful Hawaii, I pondered that. I knew of stories about JRS and Martha, and about the many divorces required for the “divine recouplings”, but I didn’t know the truth as finally presented here in this verrrrry long forum.

I’ve been aware of this forum and have popped in occasionally over the years. I found it interesting, but thought it was more sour grapes from others like me who had left. At times in the ensuing years I considered going to a CLW service to see how it felt, and ironically, I felt bad for not introducing my children to “church,” but I remembered the feelings of inferiority and thought it might be awkward to run into people I had once been so close to, yet had not even talked to in 15 years.

I’m thrilled to see the church finally blown up for what it is— a cult, led by wolves who have preyed on innocent sheep since day 1. How can anything remain to build on when the entire church was built off of a lie (JRS’s vision and anointing)? My family always thought I was in a cult, but I assured them that we were the chosen sons of God—the body of Christ that was so much more right than “religion” or other insipid churches. Little did I know there was a drinking, sexual, money-grubbing power party underneath, that fools like me were financing. Class action to recoup our Tithes anyone??

I left without an explanation because of personal things going on in my life that my “shepherds” had no clue how to counsel me over, and in fact, were cruel about. After being part of the same church for over 8 years no one even called—that’s how insignificant I was. Now I’m thankful that I never had children I subjected to this cult, and I feel deep compassion for those of you who were raised as innocents in this lie. In time your minds will clear and you’ll embrace real life outside of the fake walls—I’m so very sorry that you need to start over. There are bound to be some good sheep that still need to be rescued. As for the “elders” or other appointees—I simply cannot believe that you weren’t complicit in the corruption and lies. Now you get to live with that, and I hope the biggest offenders will do it behind bars. Aside from the criminality of the sexual crimes and enabling, the leaders from JRS, Marilyn, and Gary on down are narcissistic, greedy, sociopaths who thought nothing of ruining others’ lives, causing devastating spiritual confusion, and living high off others' backs.

Date: July 21, 2020 03:06PM

"Aside from the criminality of the sexual crimes and enabling, the leaders from JRS, Marilyn, and Gary on down are narcissistic, greedy, sociopaths who thought nothing of ruining others’ lives, causing devastating spiritual confusion, and living high off others' backs."

And we all thought we were signing up for a walk-with-God upgrade . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.