Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 27, 2020 08:44AM

I'm not sure about bobbing, weaving and falling over...since I wasn't there to witness it...but I did hear John conducted a few one-on-one 'bless-ins' during the 70's at a Van Nuy's motel. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 08:45AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 27, 2020 09:43AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure about bobbing, weaving and falling
> over...since I wasn't there to witness it...but I
> did hear John conducted a few one-on-one
> 'bless-ins' during the 70's at a Van Nuy's motel.
> ;)

From my understanding, way before the seventies. 8-\

For all we know, this had something to do with his hasty departure from Foursquare and Assemblies of God. Just a wild guess.

Posted by: th231955 ()
Date: March 27, 2020 10:05AM

Greetings again! I must be very careful how I word this post because it has an element to it that as members of TLW you guys might think I'm a bit off my rocker! Bear with me! I have witnessed the bobbing and falling staggering junk that came out of the "revival' in Pensacola, Florida! I've seen the same out of Brownsville! That being said, I can't witness that thing in my spirit, and as I've studied, I found it to be false movement, and the Christian Church has embraced a kundalini Spirit. Do a little research on it and find your personal answer, don't take my word for it! I have, on the other hand, witnessed total and miraculous healings when elders of churches I attended laid hands on the sick according to the Scripture (James 5:14-16)! That being the case, It appears many "spiritual' sign and wonders, foreign to the Scriptures, downright false teachings, were being taught to you folks and to the ones in it yet today! The power of suggestion goes a long way, but false teachings, open a door for our adversary, to enter, and harden our hearts to God's truth. kBoy, you are so correct (you don't need my approval) what you say about the woman and Jesus. It so cool that you have found your way out of that other junk

Date: March 27, 2020 10:09AM

The guess doesn't sound too wild, Reep. Now JRS was obviously wild and unruly...but it didn't stop him from bringing countless messages about submission, humility, the Lordship of Christ, Divine Order etc.
#Fraud

Date: March 27, 2020 10:22AM

Very sorry I meant as FORMER ESCAPED MEMBERS

Date: March 27, 2020 10:51AM

HA! I just talked to Simon Nisly a few days ago! I don't know if he's actually running the sawmill anymore, it sounds like they aren't making pallets anymore, just offering logging and tree service! Anyway, I almost bet I could get you one of those hats! Simon and I graduated together, he said he is still in the organization although Shiloh was all sold out from under them with no say so. He denied it being a cult, I let it go for now, but I'll be talking to him a lot!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 27, 2020 02:05PM

T H

"(Simon Nisly) is still in the organization . . . He denied it being a cult."

There is not much of an 'organization' remaining, most of it operating underground because of multiple lawsuits in play.

The denial of TLW being a cult is the standard cognitive dissonance still afflicting those that remain, some of whom will take that denial to their grave.

The continued allegiance to any remaining cause worthy of loyalty is still perplexing to those who have seen the light and fled the darkness.

Date: March 27, 2020 10:23PM

KBOY wrote:
The continued allegiance to any remaining cause worthy of loyalty is still perplexing to those who have seen the light and fled the darkness.

Yes, the emphasis on loyalty above everything else. It was a requirement if you expected to move up in the organization, and John (of course) was instrumental
in setting the tone, later significantly amplified by G & M. Now, even with TLWF 'dissolved,' the behavior among the diehards remains the same. Seeking favor from the ministry of the "living word." I wrote a short comment about this mentality back in 2015:

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 26, 2015 09:58PM

In the mid to late 70's John rewarded young militant loyalists, who (in many cases) disdained existing pastors who they considered 'old order.' I recall during the peak of the violent intercession, how many of the Timothys (hardline servants of John) made a point to distinguish John from all other ministries in the fellowship. We loose The Apostle! (The door-opener, The Christ etc. etc.) Hey, to some extent, I was one of them.

Note: a good friend of mine, John Mahon, was rebuked by Apco (presumably under the direction of G & M) for not joining the madness following John's death, specifically the directive from G & M to pray for 'John's return.' His exit as the next in line to pastor our local church was welcomed by the new regime. The irony, of course, about praying for John's return, was that G & M (apparently) were getting together as a couple as he was perishing. I think this is referred to as hypocrisy.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 27, 2020 11:54PM

C H A N G E D

"The irony, of course, about praying for John's return, was that G & M (apparently) were getting together as a couple as he was perishing. I think this is referred to as hypocrisy."

It takes some serious 'cojones' to guilt-trip an entire group of people for something you don't actually want--a return-trip by JRS to rain on your illicit relationship.

Date: March 28, 2020 12:16AM

KBOY wrote:
It takes some serious 'cojones' to guilt-trip an entire group of people for something you don't actually want--a return-trip by JRS to rain on your illicit relationship.

"What the hell is going on here?"
-John returning, and asking G & M a simple question

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.