Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: CARe ()
Date: March 26, 2020 04:06AM

I remember the Hartley family that lived in the yellow house on what is now Nutmeg Ave. We rode on the same school bus but I was a bit younger and didn't remember your first name. I'm one of Simon's many cousins lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: th231955 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 04:57AM

That was us for sure! I was the middle sibling always getting in trouble lol I wasn't aware Simon had cousins on our bus unless you might be a Coblentz? or maybe Daniel Nisly's child! The only other I can think of right of hand was the Bramhall's that lived in Richmond! Anyway, it isn't my intention to pry into people's private stuff! I just am trying to wrestle with all the memories about Richmond, and As people here can see, I get my timeframes messed up, it was a long time ago! Also, the things we have gone through tends to taint our memories after a few years go by! Thanks for responding! God Bless

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 26, 2020 05:13AM

CARe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Thanks for the info about WJ Stevens, CARe.
> Would
> > you feel comfortable telling the approximate
> time
> > period that the inappropriate behavior
> occurred?
> > That makes me sad, but sort of makes sense. His
> > son was very comfortable being inappropriate
> > toward a great many people, especially female
> > people. : (
>
> It was the same time frame JRS & Martha had an
> open house for people to see their remodeled home.

CARe, That may have been before my time in TLWF, which began in the late 1960s. Multi-generational abuse. Not that surprising, really. : (

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 26, 2020 05:30AM

Thank you TH.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 26, 2020 05:43AM

"As people here can see, I get my timeframes messed up, it was a long time ago!"

No problem, TH. It eventually happens to all us, to one extent or another. Lately, my wife is insisting that I did not fight in the Battle of the Bulge during WW2 and awarded the Purple Heart. It's sad always having to correct her :)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 26, 2020 07:06AM

Thanks, TH. Glad you are chiming in. JRS was indeed controlling people from the very beginning. It took some of us a very, very long time to realize this.

Date: March 26, 2020 07:52AM

Is this accurate? If not, please correct whatever is errant:

JRS was born August 7, 1919 and died on June 4,1983 at the age of 63. He would have been 22 when our country entered WW2 and approx 32 when he started the South Gate church, the first in The Walk, sometime in 1951.

Date: March 26, 2020 07:54AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, TH. Glad you are chiming in. JRS was
> indeed controlling people from the very beginning.
> It took some of us a very, very long time to
> realize this.

Yes--a very, very long time. But we did come to the realization.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 26, 2020 07:56AM

The more deconstruction of the JRS-mystique that occurs, the less substance there seems to be.

He apparently ventured to a far off land (Los Angeles) and came back playing a different tune, one that promised bigger returns-on-investment that some bought into while others kept their distance.

The various liberties the Stevens men took with the ladies is indeed a major chink in their 'spiritual' armor, which when forwarded into the JRS-era, was normalized on a new level, both personally, and with other Walk ministries of the day who took advantage of the situation.

The results of this unfortunate paradigm fill these pages . . .

Posted by: th231955 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 10:50AM

Wow, I had no idea JRS was that old. I would have never guessed it when I saw him! Seriously my only hope for being here on this forum, is to bring any light that I can to fill gaps in maybe, and to have gaps filled in for me! My hope is there will be a mass healing of everyone who has fallen victim to all this insanity brought on bu JRS in the Kalona, Washington, Iowa , area! I had absolutely no idea that when I met him in 69 in TLW church in Washington, that he had been anywhere but he was destined for California, and that's when I met Bowman and monty soon after up at Enos's farm! I realize this might not be the place to speak of certain things, I don't know how it works in here but I worked with a lot of addicts in programs, and I wasn't allowed to try to "fix" people! So I assume this is the same here in the forum! Anyone can feel free to pm me with matters not wanted to be made public! I love you folks God Bless!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.