Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 19, 2020 07:04AM

So many bad relationship examples set from the top, all initiated by JRS from the start. There were indirect inferences to his possible philandering in earlier associations before he even established South Gate. (Woodrow Nichols piece)

Lost in this whole discussion is all that Martha Stevens was subjected to for decades before Gary & Donna became an issue. Not only did she have to tolerate dalliance(s) which occurred in the 60s, she had to endure being the direct focus of death-prayers during the second half of the 70s, only to get her 'sweet revenge' by outliving the Door-Opener Apostle by many years.

So much for our prophetic abilities regarding resurrection life (and death).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 20, 2020 10:05AM

Here is a link to a very comprehensive podcast episode about The Living Word Fellowship. [www.ltaspod.com]

From the podcast's home page:
"Let's Talk About Sects is an award-winning, 100% independent monthly podcast focusing on a different cult each episode. Host Sarah Steel takes a storytelling, deep dive approach, looking at the history of a sect's leaders, the recruitment of members, their experiences, psychological aspects, and notable incidents during its existence."

From this episode's page:
"ABOUT THIS EPISODE
John Robert Stevens wrote when he was just 14 years old: “My joy must be in doing His will, in being His slave, in the confidence that whatever comes to me, when following Him, is His doing. In a real sense, I make Him responsible for my life.” He was writing about Jesus Christ, but it would turn out in the decades following that he could well have been writing to his future devotees as to how they should feel about himself."

"EPISODE DETAILS
Written and Hosted by Sarah Steel

Special Guest Caleb LaPlante"

I highly recommend listening to this podcast. The page also has an impressive list of relevant links.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 20, 2020 10:11PM

Thanks Reep.

"My joy must be in doing His will, in being His slave, in the confidence that whatever comes to me, when following Him, is His doing."

I suppose 'God' was responsible for leading John into the mine debacle, directly resulting in people losing their life savings...and many other scandalous situations. How convenient.
Note: how many members in the fellowship were told that if they had a problem with the apostle, they had a problem with God? Such nonsense.
"Who the hell is John Robert Stevens?"
-Jesus

Date: March 20, 2020 10:11PM

p.s. good for Caleb speaking out

Posted by: typer ()
Date: March 21, 2020 05:05AM

Reepicheep: Thank you for sharing the podcast link. Just finished listening to it. Hope it has a large following to help those still ensnared by Cult deception. Mr. Ross, thank you for all you do.

Date: March 21, 2020 06:12AM

typer wrote:
Reepicheep: Thank you for sharing the podcast link. Just finished listening to it. Hope it has a large following to help those still ensnared by Cult deception. Mr. Ross, thank you for all you do.

Yes

Date: March 21, 2020 07:01AM

Typer, I hope that it can help people still being fooled by Gary Hargrave too.

The podcast is excellent, but if you don't have time to listen right away, there is also a link to a transcript on the website. [www.ltaspod.com]

Posted by: CJLOR ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:43AM

Yes, thank you Reepicheep. Greatly appreciate you sharing the podcast episode here on the CEI forum (--> www.ltaspod.com/23)

TLWF loyalists (I'm guessing there are some of you here):

What information shared in the podcast episode do you dispute?

TLWF survivors and those opposed to the cult:

What do you think was left out that would have enhanced the podcast episode?

There probably could be multiple episodes, and still not have enough time to cover all the big things sufficiently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 09:44AM by CJLOR.

Date: March 22, 2020 04:27AM

CJLOR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, thank you Reepicheep. Greatly appreciate you
> sharing the podcast episode here on the CEI forum
> (-->
> www.ltaspod.com/23)
>
> TLWF loyalists (I'm guessing there are some of you
> here):
>
> What information shared in the podcast episode do
> you dispute?
>
> TLWF survivors and those opposed to the cult:
>
> What do you think was left out that would have
> enhanced the podcast episode?
>
> There probably could be multiple episodes, and
> still not have enough time to cover all the big
> things sufficiently.

Welcome, CJLOR. Yes, it would take years to unpack everyone's experiences and stories. But the podcast was a very in-depth look at TLWF from the beginning to present-day. So well done.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 22, 2020 08:23PM

I liked the podcast. It’s difficult to include everything in that podcast. There is so much material. One thing missing that I would have liked to have been discussed more is the mental health damage done. And what ex-members are doing about it. I would have liked to have heard a recommendation for people to seek out professional help if needed. I know this helped me greatly with my own deprogramming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.