Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: typer ()
Date: March 18, 2020 11:12PM

The use of such explicit language by G&M to our young people proves to me they were extremely perverse; and had no regard for young girls (and boys) having a pure, safe relationship with our creator and those he created.

I bet those meetings with the young people always excluded us parents of those young people. This seems like they were grooming a whole generation for extremely horendous, tortuous purposes of their own. The worst part is that they were so calculated. There is no benefit of the doubt they can be given because there are not doubts about their perversity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 18, 2020 11:18PM

"NO" doubts about their perversity. Our kids were little and hidden in Montana during much of this time. My wife and I are grieved for so many who had children that had to hear their sexual perversity from their mouths while claiming they were God's mouthpiece.

Date: March 18, 2020 11:28PM

It is clear to me that Gary Gargraves hated little children and babies. I am so glad Donna and her baby got away from him. He deserted them; but if he hadn't; the baby's innocence would have been jeapordized and/or destroyed.

Donna and her baby reminds me of Jesus, Joseph and baby Jesus fleeing Herod before he slaughtered all the babies in the region. Slaughtering children doesn't just have to be physical; I believe God whisked Donna and her baby the hell (literally) out of Dodge.

Date: March 18, 2020 11:41PM

Sexual lust, adultery and perversity sure causes people to give themselves and become channels of satan. Herod had John the Baptist arrested, bound and put in prison on account of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip. Herod liked John and talks he had with him; but had him beheaded because he loved having sex so much with his brother's wife; he would do anything Horodias (or her daughter) asked him to do. So the next thing you know; John was beheaded. After all; we must have our priorities straight. Kill the one who prepared the way of the Lord, because he was interfering with my adulterous sex life. Do I dare say Marilynn was a reincarnated Herodias? Or at least a "type" of her?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 19, 2020 12:12AM

T Y P E R

Everything being pointed out illustrates just how bankrupt the 'weird' had become over the decades, and had transitioned into grooming the next generation to accept perversity as the 'normal' extension of being non-religious.

It's hard to imagine Jesus saying to parents of his day, "Let the little children come to me so I can share with them my sexual prowess."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 19, 2020 12:20AM

typer wrote:
I bet those meetings with the young people always excluded us parents of those young people. This seems like they were grooming a whole generation for extremely horrendous, tortuous purposes of their own. The worst part is that they were so calculated.

In retrospect, the obvious calculation of their cruel actions is what I find most disturbing--and places them (in my mind) in the category of sociopaths. This is a layman's assessment, of course. Glad you chose to shield your kids from them--a wise move, typer.

Date: March 19, 2020 12:52AM

Changed Again: thank you. Yes, we were very fortunate.

In my little interaction with Donna Hargraves: she seemed very sweet. My wife and I were very poor when our first-born was born in Dec. 1980. When he was about 1 & 1/2, a friend in the Valley LA church paid for me to go to a class for our baby (kind of weird now, teaching a baby flash cards for an early start on his education). I got a certificate when completed (May 16, 1982) from the Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Donna was in the class with me. I think her baby was older than ours. My wife made a baby quilt for her when her baby was born. Donna seemed like a very full of life person. I wish her and her daughter the very best.

I still have the certificate. It says I completed all the requirements of the Human Developmentalist Course at the Professional Father Level One on the recommendation of the Faculty of the Temple Fay Institute of Academics. Only certificate I ever received, except in the Army (I digress).

Date: March 19, 2020 01:11AM

My wife used to babysit (on occasion) Donna's child ('Dawn Donna'--I believe). You're right--Donna was 'full of life,' relatable and dauntless. What she went through during that time period of Gary hooking up with Marilyn was unconscionable. I was a different person then, and sure I joined the throng in not being 'sympathetic' to someone now out of favor with 'God,' represented (of course) in G & M.
Yuk.

Date: March 19, 2020 02:00AM

Changed again: Yes, I remember constantly having it crammed down our throats that Gary had chosen a "higher" calling by divorcing Donna and devoting himself to Marilyn, the lamp (tramp) of (of what, I can't remember). We were told, Donna had chosen a lower Christian path that didn't require discipleship.

In reality, Donna followed the higher path, one of integrity and protecting her daughter from an adulterer (Gary) and Marilyn, also an adulterer, following in the footsteps of JRS, a multiple adulterer. I see a theme here:

Job opening:

Leader of the new TLW. Must be well versed in the practice of adultery. No other candidates need apply.

Date: March 19, 2020 03:01AM

Posts that mention Donna:

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: October 31, 2019 07:52PM

Seeing Donna in the middle yard with the baby while G&M were beginning their relationship ( while JRS was in bed dying) was heartbreaking. I remember one time while in Shiloh G&M putting Donna down and thinking something was really really wrong with all this. Also them showing me a check for 30k that someone had just given them. I was just thinking wow! I’m here at my own expense ( in Shiloh ) wondering if I can pay my rent and you’re showing me this . Looking back I find so many things that were so so wrong and it keeps coming up every day.

Posted by: Twoteetwo
Date: October 16, 2018 03:57PM

Thank you for shining light into very dark corners. My husband and I began to think about leaving when Gary left Donna and baby, and married Marilyn. We thought it was so wrong, but reading the posts, things were worse than we imagined. We were such suckers. We finally left after attending a service in Honolulu where a kamikaze-committed worker from LA stood and spent many minutes pledging her undying allegiance to Marilyn, and Marilyn sat there beaming, soaking it all in. I blame no one but JRS and G&M, but have to acknowledge that if I had been closer to the center of that skewed universe, but for the grace of God, it would have been me pledging my allegiance to M and the new order. So glad you made it out and are peeling back the layers of deception.

Posted by: GoingRogue
Date: June 23, 2018 04:41AM

kbyrne Wrote:

If I had to guess, I'd say that Donna is a great mother! I had a couple of
contacts with Dawn when she was 1-2 years old. I was in the car with Donna and
Dawn. As we were driving, Donna would point out to Dawn our surroundings, "Look
at the yellow school bus," etc. Donna was so present and so engaged.

Years later when I had kids of my own, I remembered what Donna had done with
Dawn and found myself doing the same with my kids. I can't even begin to imagine
the crap that Donna and Dawn went through because of G&M.

From what I remember of Donna, she was a very out-going person who had a natural ability to relate to people, especially children. She was an elementary school teacher. It makes sense that she would be a good mom too. You're right, kbyrne, she didn't deserve what happened. My guess is that GH saw his chance to climb to the top of the heap and she and Dawn were the "collateral damage".

Posted by: Twoteetwo
Date: September 02, 2016 10:27PM

I'm a sometime reader who wants to thank you all for the years of great posts. I binge read the FactNet site about ten years ago and now here I am again binge reading this site. Don't know what that means other than you can take people out of the Walk, but it sure is hard to get the Walk out of people.

I was a John follower for twelve years in the '70s and '80s. I was sad when John married Marilyn, was sickened when Gary dumped Donna and baby for Marilyn, and was finally ready to call it quits after watching people pledge their undying loyalty to Lamp Marilyn.

It sounds like I blame the Walk's woes on Marilyn, but I agree with some of the posters that the real problem (other than myself) was John from the get-go. He was just so much easier to like.

God speed to you faithful ones here. There are a lot of people reading your posts, and you're helping them. Thanks for your time, your memories, your insight, your vulnerability, and most of all, your humor (bwahahaha!).

Posted by: slandjt
Date: October 25, 2015 06:35PM

I too have mixed emotions about Marilyn's death. Gary's announcement about Marilyn's passing said in part: "I, along with my family, want you to know that my wife Marilyn passed away this morning." I can't help but think about the family he left behind to marry Marilyn. Remember Donna Hargrave and their infant daughter Dawn? Gary made the excuse that he and Donna were "unequally yoked" and that was supposed to make it okay for him to be involved with Marilyn. Gary ultimately severed his parental rights to his own daughter.

The "unequally yoked" excuse was used to end many marriages in the Walk and I decry that "spiritual" tactic that left so many families in tatters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 03:02AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.