Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 12, 2020 12:16PM

NancyB wrote:
JRs assigned me to popcorn duty which everyone loved. But, JRS got po'd when the popcorn machine was empty when he wanted some.

The Apostle to the Kingdom had a 'bad spirit' when the popcorn machine was empty...and he was hungry. Hellarious!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 12, 2020 05:34PM

N A N C Y b

"With no calendar and no sleep, I had no idea of the dates for a while."
W O W. Were you held in isolation? This sounded like serious sensory deprivation, at an almost criminal level.

"There were times when my meds were wrong and I did not not respond well."
Adding 'meds' to the conditions mentioned above starts to make it sound more like a CIA 'black site' rather than a 'school of prophets'.

"In Anaheim, people I had known for a while finally heard the rumors probably started my husband and his father and the Bro."
Just the slander alone is unconscionable.  (Some new form of 'shepherding'?)

Your experiences sound more like someone being held in a psychological 'gulag' rather than getting a taste of the 'pure atmosphere'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 05:36PM by kBOY.

Date: February 13, 2020 01:07AM

kBOY Wrote:

> Your experiences sound more like someone being
> held in a psychological 'gulag' rather than
> getting a taste of the 'pure atmosphere'.

Really...'psychological gulag' is an apt description. Unconscionable is right.

Date: February 13, 2020 01:26AM

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 01:26AM by changedagain.

Date: February 13, 2020 01:51AM

No Popcorn For You
A Living Word by John Robert Stevens
In this message believers are encouraged to endure life's setbacks with a right spirit, which will open the door to God's unlimited blessings, including unlimited popcorn.
/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 01:54AM by changedagain.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:01AM

C H A N G E D

Once again we have anecdotal evidence from NANCYb that JRS made no effort to walk in his own 'weird'.

Nothing new under the sun. (Scriptural reference needed.)

Pass the popcorn.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 13, 2020 10:15AM

Hey, all you rabble-rouser who left the insanity.

I see I did not word that quite right. I get stressed when telling this sh*t and type worse... I have to fix my words in my above post.

I was sleep-deprived for months before I got sent to Shiloh. I was exhausted. How much wisdom is there to have a father-in-law push my husband and I to go to Shiloh when I needed to be home sleeping and my kids in bed? There was no empathy. I think it was all about his looking good as a spiritual father pushing 'submission" and obedience".

I overslept at Shiloh. I was very weak. (It turns out that I have some rare syndromes that needed treatment. I got B complex injections.)started at that time. My brain was exhausted as was my body. I was not healthy at all. I did need help. I was a mess. But was Shiloh the right place for me? NO!

I have no idea how many weeks I slept at Shiloh before I got popcorn duty. My meds were given by the nurses of someone else. I had no access. I don't think there was a trust problem there- kept my meds in a safe place. tho' I am not so sure the nurses had any legal authority to practice their skills without dr supervision. I had no contract with these lovely women to care for me. I did not give me content to be under the care of anyone at Shiloh. It was arranged by my father-in-law.

My parents came out to get me out of there- I don't know why I did not leave with them except they were also too controlling. it was confusing to me.

My meds were dr prescribed meds which I was supposed to have follow-up appointments for. That is normal for psych meds. That did not happen because I had no way to see the dr nor anyone to drive me. Leaders did not want me to go. I had no idea how long I was there.

I do recall that by fall I was in Anaheim. My -almost 5-year-old, then, was put on a bus that took him somewhere North to Kingdom school. I wanted him to go to HeadStart a few blocks away from the apartment we finally got. I still did not have access to a calendar nor a phone. No refrigerator fora while. No way to get groceries. I had no money anyway. (God gave the word to dump a family in CA with almost nothing?)

My husband was gone to Kingdom business. He got our son off the bus. ( My son started doing and saying things that were not OK. My daughter also was doing some off things.)

I had no RX for my meds.No way to get refilled. So all I could do was go cold turkey off meds - not safe. My sleep was messed up. Again, I should have had medical care but I was not allowed to- no phone, no car not a single luxury like Gilligan. You all know the same story...

I was gaslighted. I did have one caring new friend who checked up on me. Then I started babysitting other people's kids in Anaheim after the Bro recommended me.

Now here is the plot twist ...
...months later after we got sent to Anaheim...

In Iowa The Walk leaders and hubby claimed I was "crazy," or whatever"spirit" I allegedly had. But, when they wanted something of me I was recommended. I got paid and enjoyed the children to have to play with my kids. But, still, I was isolated now in my home....then more and more kids that I did not know were getting dropped off at my front door to watch.

"Kboy, you wrote" psychological 'gulag' rather than getting a taste of the 'pure atmosphere..."

I honestly do not know what to call the taking away my own power and control. Brains don't work when sleep-deprived and then on new meds. I had been taught to be compliant. to be obedient to god's word. To submit to authority.

I was not mistreated.

I WAS there against my will against medical advice.

One thing was that I needed thyroid medication and blood levels drawn and B vitamin injections. Preachers and elders not allowing me access because god or some fantom spirit told them is still practicing medicine without a license. I believe that there had to be many more people who should have had medical care but did not get it....except for RH.

I do recall Jody and Mary Anne concerned about RH taking too many Tylenol for his headache. Finally, someone convinced his mother to get him to the U of I H & C. He had meningitis. That could have been contagious to the whole center of the universe. I have no idea how M and JRS kept public health out of the Shiloh on that one.

- Public health (I've said before) was already investigating some families including preventable injuries of children which I may still be bound under confidentially. I already confidentially knew the Public health wanted to shut down Shiloh.

I am surprised that my job supervisor did not call authorities to check on me. I do know that she drove around trying to find as no one could reach me. I had disappeared. She finally went out to Shiloh. My husband or in-laws should have called my work about when I would or would not get back to work. Hubby did not call my parents either. I could not make long-distance phone calls even if I had access to a phone then. Fortunately, my doctor who sent me to Iowa City was also a co-worker. He at first knew where I was.

Sorry, I wrote another verbose post- thisis nuts , Isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 10:17AM by NancyB.

Date: February 13, 2020 10:56AM

N A N C Y b

"God gave the word to dump a family in CA with almost nothing? I still did not have access to a calendar nor a phone. No refrigerator for a while. No way to get groceries. I had no money anyway. I had no RX for my meds. No way to get refilled. No way to get refilled. My sleep was messed up. I should have had medical care but I was not allowed to- no phone, no car. I was gaslighted."

Unbelievable.

Date: February 14, 2020 03:26AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> N A N C Y b
>
> "God gave the word to dump a family in CA with
> almost nothing? I still did not have access to a
> calendar nor a phone. No refrigerator for a while.
> No way to get groceries. I had no money anyway. I
> had no RX for my meds. No way to get refilled. No
> way to get refilled. My sleep was messed up. I
> should have had medical care but I was not allowed
> to- no phone, no car. I was gaslighted."

>
> Unbelievable.

Beyond sick.

Date: February 14, 2020 03:32AM

Post by Richard M. (Marilyn's first husband & father to Rick). This followed by a post by that little red flag:

Posted by: Richard M.
Date: February 19, 2019 05:33PM

Reepicheep, thanks. I knew Stevens was a phony when I first saw and met him. He wouldn't look at me eye-to-eye and seemed even a little frightened of me. Of course, it later made more sense. But if there hadn't been Marilyn and my kids tied to her, he never would have survived to stand at another sermon . . . But I had my own future and two kids’ lives to consider so abdicated to a lesser course. Absent any formal complaint of coerced sexual or other criminal misconduct, "religious freedom" protects the otherwise guilty until far too late .. . . . You know of Jim Jones and his murder-suicide of his followers, but hardly anyone knows that long before that he had been arrested in a movie theater for lewd conduct by a Rampart Division vice officer. It had been politically attempted to be covered up by a judge and other officials by destroying or pulling all documents, but the arresting officer had kept his own copy of the arrest report. It was made public again after the murders. I know, I forwarded a copy of the only surviving document to the Chief of Police. I say this because it’s also possible that credible and formal complaints of coercion and sexual abuse of minors had long been made on Stevens and Rick that were, or were not, properly investigated . . . who knows?

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: February 19, 2019 06:18PM

Richard M. -

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I, like others that have spent decades living this lie, appreciate your insight and honesty. I remarked to my husband, as I started to read your story, how easy it was to assume and believe that you were the bad guy. I can also feel the heartache of hearing you acknowledge losing a wife and kids to all of the deceit. I'm sure some of the posts here are hard to read, but on the other hand, I can only imagine how validating they are for you. It sounds like you lived a life worth living beyond all of this. Welcome to the forum, and thanks again for giving us additional insight to the maze of the Living Word Fellowship Cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.