Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 29, 2019 08:28AM

O N I O N

Well, I think there is a scripture somewhere talking about how difficult it is for a rich wo/man to enter the KINGDOM . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 29, 2019 10:22PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the Blix Girls was logging a phone call
> (EVERYthing was written down or recorded) between
> John & Marilyn and a legal guy (I think 1979 just
> after Martha left JRS) and the talk was of money
> and planning for the future, life insurance, etc.,
> and about JRS marrying Marilyn.

> The call was so contrary to what was spoken from
> the pulpit, this girl moved out in the middle of
> the night, never to return.

I've come across a number of stories about people leaving in the Walk/TLWF in the middle of the night, never to return. That alone, might indicate it was indeed a cult :)

Date: October 29, 2019 10:27PM

A post by Invisible from August of 2014:

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: August 22, 2014 12:24AM

John died June 4, 1983. It appears that a financial provision of some kind was set up for Gary Hargrave almost 15 months before John's death while Gary was still married to Donna.

I wonder if Donna Hargrave and Gary's & Donna's daughter - who was born after John's death and I think just before Donna & Gary's divorced. I wonder if Donna received any benefit from the Hargrave Family Ministries Corporation to help financially support and sustain Donna and the Hargrave baby after their divorce ?

It would be interesting to know - if those who set up the corporation duped Donna as Gary's wife - by having her sign a quit claim so she could make no claim as having any real interest or financial interest as Gary's wife - in the Hargrave Family Ministries Corp. - some time before Gary and Donna divorced?

Donna Hargrave worked outside of the church - in the public sector earning a living for some good time - and had supported Gary & herself - so Gary could be freed to serve in the ministry, with out Gary 's own time, having to be tied up at being gainfully employed..

These are the kinds of things that the members of the TLWF should know about - so they can make an informed and wise decision about how much they are willing to invest of themselves , their time, their finances and their lives - before allowing other people, to direct and run their lives - which in itself is not wize.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 30, 2019 06:46AM

Changedagain and Invisible from 2014: Donna and Gary divorced many years before Hargrave Family Ministries existed. It had been Church of His Holy Presence. But, even though my opinion is that there has been fraud/tax fraud in handling the funds of HFM, I am sure Gary would have been able to prevent Donna from sharing in the church property/properties. I doubt she wanted to anyway.

Because Dawn was adopted by Donna's second husband, Gary had no parental rights and NO parental obligation. The stories I've heard is that Gary wasn't able to have visitation with his baby daughter because Marilyn felt a demon spirit coming through her. Gary probably paid some (small) child support up to the time Dawn was adopted, but I don't know any facts. His position in the church would have allowed him to manipulate how his income appeared - and of course, he had married Marilyn, who had everything from JRS, and Dawn would not be entitled (under California law) to property that belonged to Marilyn.

The whole thing sucks. Thank God Gary Hargrave's current stepson has his birth father fully involved and engaged in his life. Gary's track record as a father, stepfather, and apostolic fathering ministry is grim.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 30, 2019 08:29AM

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm depressed, but where is the barfing face emoji? How did we ever trust these people with our kids? They are not even good people, let alone good Christians, IMO. :_(

Date: October 30, 2019 10:55PM

O N I O N

These revelations still come as a bit of a surprise considering the ridiculous adoration bestowed upon the whole cast of characters, JRS included.

Far from being examples of those with 'shepherd's hearts', they all elicited some serious narcissistic tendencies similar to the blatant ones plaguing the White House.

Date: October 31, 2019 04:03AM

Onion wrote:
Donna and Gary divorced many years before Hargrave Family Ministries existed. It had been Church of His Holy Presence.

Church of His Holy Presence was renamed Hargrave Family Ministries in '92? And Hargrave Family Ministries was renamed Hargrave Ministries last year?
Admittedly, I'm still fuzzy with the corporate facts here.

Date: October 31, 2019 04:05AM

kBOY Wrote:

> These revelations still come as a bit of a
> surprise considering the ridiculous adoration
> bestowed upon the whole cast of characters, JRS
> included.

Ridiculous adoration--so true.

Date: October 31, 2019 05:20PM

W A L K

There are those
that talk a
good walk

but are
unwilling
to walk their talk

Date: November 01, 2019 12:03AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> W A L K
>
> There are those
> that talk a
> good walk
>
> but are
> unwilling
> to walk their talk

Yes, thousands of 'living words' that bore little if no resemblance to the lives of those who brought them. Ministers preaching sacrifice and dedication to the flock while padding their own bank accounts. Unlike 'Kingdom' workers, I doubt John was living off $80 a month in the mid-to-late 70's...and later G & M were often ostentatious in their financial blessedness (jewelry, clothes, multiple luxury homes etc.). Fortunately, many of us have recovered...or are in the process of recovering, from relentless TLWF gaslighting. But it has taken a very long time to realize it is morally acceptable to question those who claim to be speaking for God, and overcome the fear of the inevitable vicious backlash. Regaining freedom has been an arduous process (at least for me), but well worth it. These online forums have been invaluable.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 12:27AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.