Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 13, 2019 11:39AM

Hi Darolynn - The Blix House was located at 11122 Blix St., North Hollywood, CA 91602. I was in the church from 1970 until the mid-2000s. I lived at the Blix House 3 times - the first time from 1972 to 1977. Perhaps we met. My real name is Mary Wyatt. Welcome to this forum. A lot of answers are available to any lingering questions you or your parents may have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: October 14, 2019 10:37AM

Ugh. I hadn't heard or thought of the telephone number for years. Seeing it caused my heart to beat a bit faster. I really am surprised sometimes by the little things that raise a reaction in me still. :)

Date: October 14, 2019 01:03PM

Jesus Jesus Jesus - I'm pissed that I still have those numbers in my memory banks. UGH! is right. Sorry for causing the trigger. I'm surprised anew when something gets triggered. Lately, I've realized I don't know how to respond when someone says something loving to me because I'm so conditioned by hearing stuff and finding out it changes in a flash and was never sincere.

I look forward, for ALL of us, to the day our responses are clean from the conditioning and can enjoy our relationships with NO FLINCH!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 14, 2019 05:50PM

J J J

It is interesting to note that the 'mobile/versatile' nomadic lifestyle many of us lived in the '70's (various communal homes in multiple locations), left us with few permanent phone numbers, those probably being our parents and Shiloh's.

O N I O N

"I look forward, for ALL of us, to the day our responses are clean from the conditioning and can enjoy our relationships with NO FLINCH!"

No one could agree more, and I think that day has already dawned for many who have distanced themselves far enough away from TLW to have gained a clearer perspective.

This has allowed for the enjoyment of the full range of humanity on an organic level of LOVE, and not one restricted to a small demographic in an artificial hierarchy based on selfish interests.

Our mission is to shed our LIGHT into every dark corner within one another, and be the WELCOME HOME moment to each other.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 14, 2019 11:34PM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ugh. I hadn't heard or thought of the telephone
> number for years. Seeing it caused my heart to
> beat a bit faster. I really am surprised sometimes
> by the little things that raise a reaction in me
> still. :)

Just a phone number produces that response. Yet another indication of how deeply impactful this cult was in our lives. May we continue on the path of healing, devoid of self-blame.
Thanks for sharing, JJJ.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: October 15, 2019 10:33AM

It’s weird how that happens. A phone number, address, name , sets off a whole bunch of memories and thoughts. I have Blix, TLW , Shiloh , CLW G & M , JRS Phone numbers plus all kinds of stuff in the back of my brain. But that’s okay, I also have the song from Gilligans Island in there too along with a whole bunch of other stupid stuff!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 15, 2019 11:36PM

A predator allowed to roam free:

Date: October 06, 2019
06:25PM

It was an interesting time. Rick couldn’t be in the room taking care of JRS because it was “ too hard for him” 100% complete BS. In fact he spent the whole time up at the studio having his affair with ________. That’s how much he really cared. Yet the fact JRS died left him with a whole bunch of lies he could tell young girls about fake words John gave him and ways to solicit Sympathy getting them to open up to him and then move in for the kill.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: November 03, 2018 09:39AM

_________ you're full of sh*t. You and Rob were very involved with helping cover up Ricks affair with ________. You covered for Rick then. I was good friends with Rob. He told me everything including how he would leave with _________, "going to a movie" drop her at Ricks then head over to your house for the night. Oh! I'm sorry. Was that a secret? Thanks for your support.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: September 20, 2018 08:31AM

I wish Rob was here to spill the beans on Rick. He was manipulated and used by R to cover up the affair with MH. Used then tossed aside like a dirty condom when no longer needed. I'm glad he got out and found peace outside the church

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2019 11:38PM by changedagain.

Date: October 16, 2019 10:30AM

Rob may put a little light on Rick’s actions but most of Rick’s damage was done the years after Rob left. I knew Rob too and know it was really hard for him. I’m not sure who you’re referring to in your response but I can assure you it wasn’t me covering For Rick. But I know who did...

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 16, 2019 10:46AM

Link to Ohman's post:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: October 16, 2019 12:17PM

I know of several who covered for Rick: Marilyn, Gary, Scott, Steve - who am I missing?

Most of the time (IMHO), attention was given to Rick's four marriages preceded by divorce so that there could be adequate cover for his sexual assaults of women and young girls. G&M would call for help with the congregation in turmoil but would hide the extremes his conduct was taking.

His undercover eavesdropping in every corner of the church (TLW and CLW) by hiding wires and speakers and maybe cameras should be fully exposed. I don't know if we'll ever know how fully he eavesdropped on the Blix girls by sound and video wiring.

With his freedom of access to anything and everything he wanted, there was certainly NEVER an observance of privacy rights or clergy/penitent privilege. Even Gary Hargrave's hack job of falsely applying that privilege is not as bad as the reality of the Walk's main perpetrator watching and listening to everything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.