Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 01, 2019 05:04AM

changedagain
Note: After Jeff P. left the South Gate church in the early 90's, my wife and I were asked by Statton to help fill in the void he left with the young adults in the church. I recall at one point Scott M. coming to the church, and relaying a message to me that God 'meant business' with the younger generation. Apparently a teen in TLWF was hit by a train and died...and somehow (it was insinuated) it was the result of the teen not being obedient. It made no sense to me. Anyway, he wanted me to convey to our group that God wasn't messing around, using this story to make the point. I ignored it.

Thank you, changed, for not perpetuating the fear of a dramatic death at a young age to those who didn't become Walk Nazis. You saved some of those kids a lot of therapy fees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 05:05AM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 01, 2019 05:57AM

The sh*t me and my wife we're willing to go through...we just knew it was wrong to put on the younger generation. I recall the pressure being applied for us to link our group to TLW. I mentioned this in at a South Gate young adult's meeting one time, and one them asked "Why don't they come down here? We got something going here." No one disagreed with this. Now after the public exposure of Rick's predatory behavior, I'm glad we didn't push anything. By TLWF shepherd standards, we were obviously very lenient. If someone wanted to go out to the movies rather than attend a church service/meeting, usually that would be O.K. with us. Application of the cross was not our forte :)
I recall when I was put over the maintenance of the church by Statton, I was strongly encouraged to get the young adults involved. I thought to my myself: "Hey, I hate doing this...there's other things I'd rather do than work at the church all weekend. I'm not going to put that on them." They were spared...well, most of them.
As it turned out, the church was fixed up very nicely, and sold a few years after I left--the proceeds (I assume) going toward the Kingdom of God (sarcasm), The backbone of the workforce (maintenance and administration), if I recall correctly was Sonya T., Jim and Sheryl F., Walt and LuAnn B., Lloyd Hagloch, John Veigel, Mike & Louise J., Bob R. and a few others I have forgotten.
After Statton left, I began cutting my hours against the will of my new shepherds. Six-Seven services a week along with working a couple weeknights and all day Saturday was a bit much. I wasn't in the mood to ask for confirmation.

Sincerely,
-I could have done more but no longer felt up to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 06:02AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: March 01, 2019 06:19AM

While reading everything here on page 840, including comments by Tmason, this whole thing, "JRS, Marilyn, Gary and Rick," reminds me of an organized crime syndicate, but finds me with great trepidation for the unknowing victims now caught as willing or unwilling witnesses questioning whether or not to testify to an enlightened truth of the past intent on ousting the guilty while saving the innocent, an ominous but righteous task . . . . What has always miffed me, but what is strikingly obvious in these present pages, is how such a high level of intelligence of so many people could have been duped for so long . . . . . I remember one incident "praised" by Stevens that I told Marilyn was the height of ignorance, a boy had broken his arm and was in a cast, then six weeks later was “praised” as a miraculous healing when the cast came off . . .

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 01, 2019 06:37AM

I agree concerning the leaders elevated by G&M. It seemed that those who had been recognized received a word, or were commissioned by JRS, were mostly being kicked to the curb by G&M who then elevated people that represented them in every way - the level of meanness and the TOTAL lack of unity, care, love, concern or any other worthy emotion you would expect from ministries, was GONE. It became orders from headquarters. Do as I say. Don't make any decisions. Don't love. Don't think. Don't don't don't.

We could do a little Elvis Presley song here with some words modified to reflect the various and many don'ts.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: March 01, 2019 06:21PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 877,971 page views to date.
> Unfortunately, I'm guessing that some of these
> views are people hoping to
> resurrect this mess. Oh well.

One of those “people” is me since I haven’t made any progress any other way toward getting my darn yacht!

Date: March 02, 2019 01:16AM

Go the flattering route, Amos. It now seems that ex-members of the cult are immune from fear tactics. In fact, I tested it just recently, and got zero response. Old methods, sadly, are ineffective :(

No response from this warning:

Attachments: Cleaning House.jpg (103.2 KB)  
Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 02, 2019 01:24AM

Amos Wrote:
> changedagain Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Onion Wrote:
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > p.s. I still do not believe that God
> transported
> > John into the future (from 1972 to 1979) to
> > witness the coming Kingdom...on a day in which
> > John was spending quality time with his
> > girlfriend. Yes, I know that with God all
> things
> > are possible, and his ways are not our ways,
> and
> > yet this still doesn't sway me. Sorry.
>
> Such a reprobate. No wonder you blew out!
>
> If the Muslims get 72 virgins in paradise why
> can’t we get at least one “girlfriend” in the
> kingdom (not sure what the gals get out of it — do
> they have a choice)?

Yea, I’ll take one good girlfriend, virgins are way overrated:-).

Posted by: Grace please ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:05AM

Thank you for posting this poem. It's one of my favorites and especially since becoming "unmoored" from the TLWF mess. I appreciate all the honesty and truth here.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:13AM

Richard M. Wrote:
> While reading everything here on page 840,
> including comments by Tmason, this whole thing,
> "JRS, Marilyn, Gary and Rick," reminds me of an
> organized crime syndicate, but finds me with great
> trepidation for the unknowing victims now caught
> as willing or unwilling witnesses questioning
> whether or not to testify to an enlightened truth
> of the past intent on ousting the guilty while
> saving the innocent, an ominous but righteous task
> . . . . What has always miffed me, but what is
> strikingly obvious in these present pages, is how
> such a high level of intelligence of so many
> people could have been duped for so long . . . . .
> I remember one incident "praised" by Stevens that
> I told Marilyn was the height of ignorance, a boy
> had broken his arm and was in a cast, then six
> weeks later was “praised” as a miraculous healing
> when the cast came off . . .

Yep this has been our lives---smoke and mirrors. Brainwashing is insidious where the irrational becomes truth and nothing can dissuade the believer even in the face of the horrible. It is very sad because so many in TLWF are highly intelligent and some very accomplished. Everyone's talents and gifts were hijacked for the purpose of enriching one or two. It really makes me sick for those who still cling to it---when in reality--this is the opportunity to really live and find some happiness with our days left on this earth. A time to pave the way for the ones we leave behind--some light. The young have escaped no doubt. And that will prove out in the coming days and weeks. But my wish that all would be free. I guess we can only hope.

I love you all and have not said much lately. But I so appreciate the souls that have left their words as a warning of just how bad things can go when someone controls your thoughts and mind. And to be children without even the chance to say no. It is vile.

I am sorry Richard that you were not able to right the ship--it was impossible back then. But I am so grateful you have lifted the shroud over the mystery for all to see--and they do see. May their cognitive dissonance come to the breaking point.

I personally think Hargrave will likely get what he wants. He has been planning for a very long time. He is very wealthy. I am sad for those who worked so hard all their lives and this creep banks their hard earned dollars. Screw you Gary Hargrave. You are the creep of all creeps.

Date: March 02, 2019 12:27PM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:

> I personally think Hargrave will likely get what
> he wants. He has been planning for a very long
> time. He is very wealthy. I am sad for those who
> worked so hard all their lives and this creep
> banks their hard earned dollars. Screw you Gary
> Hargrave. You are the creep of all creeps.

Amen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.