Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: October 27, 2018 02:27PM

It is interesting the response from Mary Dunn and Emily Haworth and Melissa Schiek. Praying about it, oh Lordy. That is nothing but saying o, I feel your pain let me kiss it and make things better. It is time for getting rid of the leadership that hid this and condoned it all these years. It is time for major reform or see a mass exodus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: October 27, 2018 07:12PM

Many false leaders (spiritual fathers) exercise the seat of authority in a "lordship" type position. They may never openly say this, but the air in their congregation is permeated with a sense of "everyone needs to serve the leader...it's all about the leaders vision...sons need to serve their father's vision." The problem with this line of thinking is that it is the opposite of what Jesus taught. Jesus said that those leaders who are considered great, are those who serve everyone else. Jesus said that the one who governs the church must become the servant. This does not mean that the governor should require everyone to serve him and build his ministry. It means that the governor uses his power and authority to empower people into their God given callings. The leader is to perfect/equip the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13). The scripture does not say that the leader is to perfect/equip the saints for the building up of and work of his own ministry. The saint may be called to be apart of that leaders ministry or the saint may not. That is not the leader's job to worry about. The leader's job is to obey Christ and the scripture. Serve, perfect, train, empower, and release. True fathers simply want their sons to succeed, and to go further than themselves.

True sons will serve their father, but service should always be based on relationship; not requirement. Required service is burdensome, while service done out of friendship is an easy yoke to bear. Jesus called His sons to be in relationship with Him before He expected them to serve Him. Some pastors or leaders will not even consider spending time with someone unless they serve their ministry first. Some leaders will not even allow you to "fit in" at their church until you prove that you are willing to serve. We must ask ourselves, is that how Jesus operates? Is that the love of God? Jesus got His sons to serve Him faithfully by establishing relationship with them. Whether it's sons serving fathers or fathers serving sons; relationship must be our foundation. That is Kingdom

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 27, 2018 09:37PM

Note: in the last 24 hours, there have been 3500 views of this LW thread on the RR forum.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 27, 2018 10:37PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note: in the last 24 hours, there have been 3500
> views of this LW thread on the RR forum.

This level of public exposure has to be a nightmare for TLWF leadership. I'm certain that behind the scenes they are not praying about whether these allegations are true. They know they are. They're plotting strategy to defend themselves, hoping against hope they can turn this thing around. Their usual tactic of nasty threats and counter accusations aren't going to work at this point. Feigning concern, while simultaneously pretending to be unaware of the systematic abuse, seems to be the approach. Let the truth prevail.

Date: October 27, 2018 10:43PM

There is no need to pray about something when you already know the truth.
(probably not good enough to be a 'Kingdom Proverb')

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 27, 2018 11:15PM

The only prayer taking place among TLW leadership is how can they possibly avoid legal prosecution.

Date: October 27, 2018 11:42PM

kBOY Wrote:
> The only prayer taking place among TLW leadership
> is how can they possibly avoid legal prosecution.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: October 28, 2018 04:15AM

Reading Shalom's FB page... kudos kid... you've done something my generation was never able to do - you've shined the light... Those of us who still have some kind of faith are praying for a prompt and decisive termination, others like me are crossing just their fingers...

Date: October 28, 2018 05:23AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
> Reading Shalom's FB page... kudos kid... you've
> done something my generation was never able to do
> - you've shined the light... Those of us who
> still have some kind of faith are praying for a
> prompt and decisive termination, others like me
> are crossing just their fingers...

Yes. I think I'm somewhere between those two points. It changes day to day..sometimes hour to hour :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 28, 2018 05:51AM

What goes up, must come down, and every beginning eventually comes to an end. What was originally built on a faulty foundation has reached critical mass, and is so riddled with corruption that it cannot sustain itself much longer.

The good people left in the fellowship should rise up in revolt and demand the removal of every bad apple, starting from the top down. If not, there is also the leverage of withholding all tithes and offerings, and even changing the locks.

Just sayin . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.