Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 26, 2018 10:47PM

aroe Wrote:

> Reading this, I’m guessing a lot more people are
> being ordained in TLWF right now. Although
> clergy-penitent privilege never stopped a
> congregant’s personal and private information from
> being shouted from the pulpit until it was
> necessary to cover for Rick’s disgusting behavior.

Yes.
Victims: STFU or we will smear you.
Perpetrators: We will protect you.
Enabling 'ministries': The law (clergy-penitent privilege) shields you from revealing what you know. Keep it to yourself.

The offering is for Hargrave Family Ministries. Let's keep this racket going for as long as possible!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 27, 2018 05:05AM

I deeply want to be sure that current TLWF members read what Shalom so bravely and honestly posted to Facebook.

Anyone who is a Facebook member can "share" her post and send it not just to friends but to friends and public.

I comprised a group of ex-pats I know are on Facebook and sent it to them directly.

I went back and forth in my mind about whether to send it directly to a group of Facebook friends who are still in TLWF. I'm chicken. And I chickened out. Many members of my family or who have been as close as family are still in the group and some of them are married to leaders who may be implicated in some of the secrecy and protection of Rick.

So I just posted my 10/14 GH letter on facebook and hope they will read it.

It's not just a challenge getting the truth out to the congregation, it's finding a way to get them to read it. I didn't read anything negative when I was so completely immersed in the cult doctrine.

But the mountain is moving! Maybe it will just collapse into dust because even its existence as a big thing in our minds is just deception. It will be interesting. The revelations are deeply painful and justifiably cause deep sadness but are also such a victory for the truth.

Thanks, Chicago Cousin, for the info. Your support and input are received very gratefully.

Posted by: light777 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 09:40AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> No matter how glorious the 'word'
> extrapolated from the scriptures, it will never be
> enough to offset the actions of lives lived in
> contradiction to it.

This statement says it all perfectly! Thank you for the words.

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: October 27, 2018 12:39PM

There are now pastors wives posting on Shalom’s FB post. On one hand I believe they think they mean well and they believe what they say... on the other hand, I feel they did not post without first getting permission from the higher-ups/abusers and/or were instructed to post. Their responses feel programmed and this saddens me.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:08PM

I_woke_up Wrote:
> There are now pastors wives posting on Shalom’s FB
> post. On one hand I believe they think they mean
> well and they believe what they say... on the
> other hand, I feel they did not post without first
> getting permission from the higher-ups/abusers
> and/or were instructed to post. Their responses
> feel programmed and this saddens me.

I agree. I wonder if they have to submit their sentences to Phyllis first, before posting. Sorta makes me sad to see that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2018 01:26PM by puddington.

Posted by: dirtybrushes ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:26PM

Puddington and others...yeah, we saw those posts by pastors' wives and we are incensed! I met a "pastor's wife" for a glass of wine at an art show this evening, and after finally admitting that she had read a few of the posts, she referred to specific replies by one of my daughters and myself. She said that she remembered the incidents my daughter referred to which had hurt her and said that it was never meant that way and that she "wished she could talk to her about it." This woman related to me very differently from the same person I had lunch with a week ago. Like a personality transplant. You know, I think there's a sudden epidemic among that echelon of leadership of "We honestly didn't know this was going on! How awful! We'll pray for you." Honestly, this is probably the tactic endorsed by the corps of lawyers that have been hired. They probably had a teleconference last night, spelling out the new rules of engagement. It makes me sad, because the flagrancy of the abominations spelled out by Shalom and those who have rallied around her had hopes of making this thing implode, helping the doubters hop down to the right side of the fence. But now, those on the inside who have had their doubts will be hoodwinked into believing that there is genuine penitence on the part of leadership! I just don't want anyone else to be abused or hurt!

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:32PM

puddington Wrote:
> I agree. I wonder if they have to submit their
> sentences to Phyllis first, before posting. Sorta
> makes me sad to see that.

Right?! Emily too! She’s Phyllis’s DIL. And all of the current members liking their posts. It’s like a bulletin was sent out to the fellowship. Quick! We need a few shepherds wives to “address” this then we need 25 severely co-dependent sheep to like the posts. (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, Dorothy!)

Just gross!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 27, 2018 01:47PM

dirtybrushes Wrote:
>
> a sudden epidemic among that echelon of leadership
> of "We honestly didn't know this was going on! How
> awful! We'll pray for you."

This is an insult to the intelligence of the LW sheep. I think they are starting to wise up and not believe this lie.

It reminds me of the Martians in the movie Mars Attacks, when they call out to the Earthlings “Don’t run away. We want to be your friends.” While at the same time firing their x-ray guns.

Posted by: light777 ()
Date: October 27, 2018 02:11PM

I took my typical hiatus from this forum and today I had this urge to log on to catch up. Talk about timing. One of the first messages I saw was from Onion regarding Shalom's FB post, "Letter to The Living Word Fellowship". I quickly logged onto FB to read. I read all the letters and then comments coming in from so many familiar names.

Here are some of my thoughts:

Shalom: I remember you telling me about this many years ago, however, it was more vague. I was gut wrenched reading all the details. My heart sunk, and sunk and then sunk more. Feelings of disgust, anger, sadness, and complete outrage overwhelmed me as I read, thus pulling back my own memories... some of the very reasons I left TLWF.

I applaud you for your courage; standing for rightness, You are amazing Shalom and I believe you and support you 100%.

As for some of the posts, i.e. pastors wives and select others, I cannot help but wonder the authenticity of the posts, are the comments genuine, or are they posting out of fear that they have blood on their hands due to the fact that they all knew what was going on and swept it under the carpet to protect Marilyn's Son? I don't know the true answer to this, but our Heavenly Father does! This being said, below is a short version of my thoughts:

Sexual grooming is control! Something that TLWF was / is so, so good at!

Sexual Control
Mind Control
Serve your Shepherd / D.R. Control
Clean my House Control
Work at the Church Control
Build / Remodel my Home Control
Build a Kingdom for Rick / Gary / Marilyn Control
Submit to the Brothers Control
Take Abuse Control
You Cant'Date / Marry Him / Her Control
You Can / Cant have a Pet Control
AND... the list goes on and on and on!

The bottom line, control is control and all that have been involved on a Shepherding level, or Authority level need to be accountable for the damage inflicted on so many wonderful people, those that gave their lives serving wholeheartedly; serving those that were not worthy!

I will conclude by quoting a portion of kBOY's words:

No matter how glorious the 'word' extrapolated from the scriptures, it will never be enough to offset the actions of lives lived in contradiction to it.

May our Heavenly Father continue to guide us, expose the lies and hiding and give us the strength to move forward in righteousness before him.

Love & Light

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 27, 2018 02:25PM

The point is that crimes were committed. The people who perpetrated or covered up for those crimes especially against children, should be facing the long arm of the law if at all possible or civil justice. None of them should be in a place of pastoring anyone. In truth, Rick should be a registered sex offender along with anyone else who touched a child.
I am pissed. These pastors wives have tunnel vision. They are not the ones that need to be on their faces---we all know who is responsible ultimately. They did not even address those facts that are the most critical and that Shalom emphasized. This is sick sick sick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.