> WOULD BE IT!” Accountability and truth. It never
> was and sadly don’t think it will be now. I too
> think that Gary needs to take full responsibility
> for all that has gone on. COME ON! There is no way
> he couldn’t have known.
> I have been slightly hopeful that this could be it
> but unfortunately I am looking to see how in the
> heck they will still continue to spin it. :(

I too agree with Larry. The thing is, I think it goes much deeper than Gary knowing what is going on and begs the question of why he would allow it unless he was also in the fray. Sex, Money, and Power---they go together. To think that Gary and Marilyn only exhibited two of these is naive at best. Where there is smoke there is fire. Rick is a scapegoat that is guilty----how convenient for the skeletons in Gary's closet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: October 23, 2018 09:34AM

So true. I do believe all of it is “rotten “ . Marilyn, Gary and JRS ... the whole basis of this fellowship has been SO FLAWED. I really don’t see how it can be redeemed with such a shady foundation.

Date: October 23, 2018 10:09AM

And apparently TLWF is not the only cult! Geez... (winking here) it is amazing and horrifying the similarities. Ugh. May life be free and fulfilled for all of the victims.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 23, 2018 10:52AM

There will be proof that Gary knew what was going on with Rick - and probably a lot of other people knew, including Matt Walkoe.

I have talked to people who were directly asked by Marilyn to destroy a letter written about Rick and never speak of it again because they "are family." Many times people had the foresight to keep copies of their communications - dated and kept intact - where the leadership was told in detail about Rick's sexual assaults and included information about the people surrounding Rick that seemed to endorse his conduct (including Scott and probably Steve and probably others).

Let exposure continue until complete.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 23, 2018 03:41PM

LIFE OTOS - Funny. I have been reading up on a lot of this cult stuff lately of course (thank you RRModerator) but the post about that Masters university seemed significant to me because (a) it listed lawyers who are interested in representing cult victims and (b) the lingo just sounded like one of us speaking. Many cults are similar in summarizing their methods and beliefs but the lingo is usually very different than ours.

So pay attention folks - that Masters post gave some pretty good pointers and contact information if you want to talk to a lawyer who handles cult cases. Just saying...

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 24, 2018 10:01PM

I’ve recently talked with several current LW members who are encouraged about what is happening at TLWF. They are pointing out to me that Gary is demonstrating total integrity by requesting the 360 degree evaluation letters from congregants.

And then it dawned on me. Everything written in those letters he already knew about. He had to. Knowing how everything is run by G&M, he had to be following the reports about Rick. But by collecting feedback letters, he could play this charade of fake shock and surprise. And then he could issue a public statement like “gosh, we had no idea this was going on”. It is a clever way to cover his butt and create a condition of “plausible deniability”.

Date: October 24, 2018 10:20PM

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 24, 2018 11:53PM

TLW leadership excelled at not being religious by being prime examples of debauchery.

We missed out on the 'impartation' of all those lessons since they were mostly conducted behind closed doors.

Date: October 25, 2018 12:28AM

It certainly makes you wonder how many of the APCO guys were/are sheep bangers. I sorta think it isn’t just Rick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2018 12:28AM by puddington.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 25, 2018 01:25AM

kBOY – “TLW leadership excelled at not being religious by being prime examples of debauchery.”

puddington – “It certainly makes you wonder how many of the APCO guys were/are sheep bangers. I sorta think it isn’t just Rick.”

It was interesting to me watching my own transformation after leaving TLWF. My need for a six-pack of beer to survive an elders meeting went away. I found out that healthy people did not need profanity to communicate and especially in a business setting it was frowned upon – much less a church service. I did not need to push the tasteless joke envelope to be funny. I thought I was being free only to find out I was being an embarrassment. I remember going into a crowded theater and another elder yelling “Bobo, where the f..k are you?” I answered, “Down here!” The row behind me all got up and moved. We both thought it was funny – and granted, there was alcohol involved. After all, when you are ruling and reigning with Christ, who really cares what others think. Now looking back, it was so wrong on so many levels. There were no boundaries for socially acceptable behavior and as a result, it made life a mess.

I’ve heard from so many separate sources that John and Marilyn were in a relationship long before John’s divorce that I am inclined to believe it. As far as there being “sheep bangers” in the leadership, I would suggest the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree – although I’m sure it was not true of everyone. I wonder how other leaders in the Christian world would have responded to John if he said he wanted to divorce his wife and marry his assistant. Would it have made any difference if they knew he was the “Door Opener Apostle” and she was the ”Lamp of Israel” like it did for us. It is something I am ashamed of now that the deception is broken – both in my own life and in TLWF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.