Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 04, 2018 02:39PM

Aleutian - So glad you posted.

The advice from Aleutian is excellent no matter how old we are. I would add to the list of volunteer opportunities to consider helping animals. It's wonderful to see instant results in helping change a life after all the years of living on promises with no follow through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 04, 2018 03:44PM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot to include link below. In my last post.
> Rebecca Moore is well acquainted with Jonestown.
> She doesn't believe the tragedy. Resulted from
> brainwashing. She gives some alternative ideas.
>
>
> [www.independent.co.uk]

It's called a mnemonic virus -- similar to brainwashing but much worse--abuse is real--people live under operant conditioning--Pavlov's Dogs.

There is no difference so FO on the terminology word games would ya.

This is what the Walk has done to people and you should go bark up another tree. Like you give a shit about the truth.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 04, 2018 03:48PM

Road to Damascus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do hope that members get told the unvarnished
> truth and they rise up to say that Rick and Lorena
> do not get paid and that charges are brought and
> that all involved in enabling this to go on and
> all involved in this type of behavior are exposed
> and are held accountable. Sorry for the run on
> sentence.

The members have no such power--or say in anything at all. There is only one man in charge and he doesn't give a crap about anyone's pain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 04, 2018 04:34PM

Dear RR Moderator,

What is being 'preached'?

No religion is being promoted, nor any scripture being quoted (as is done by some who continue unabated), and the contributions point directly to the subject at hand. The posts simply suggest a more 'macro' view of what is being discussed.

Everything posted is a subjective point of view. We are always 'preaching' what we believe to be our 'truth'.

Sincerely . . .

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 04, 2018 04:39PM

Growing The Ability To Speak The Truth In Love
September 2, 2018 - by Gary Hargrave

[garyhargrave.com]

"This Word frees us to become a people who speak the truth in love, and it ends a spiritual culture that stifles our growth and prevents the birth of the prophetic community."

(Well, well, well, we'll just see 'bout that . . .)

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2018 10:14PM

NickleandDimed:

YOu seem to be here as a troll and/or a cult apologist.

Rebecca Moore is a cult apologist who engages in the worst sort of apologies about Jim Jones. She worked to include his name on a memorial at a cemetery where there is a mass grave of Jones' victims. Jones is not buried there, but Moore wanted his name engraved on the memorial stone at the mass grave anyway.

Sick.

To be extremely charitable--Moore's theories are less than credible.

And there are other apologists that have been paid by cults like Eileen Barker, Gordon Melton and Dick Anthony.

See [www.culteducation.com]

The label "new religious movements" is barely relevant as many groups called "cults" (e.g. NXIVM) are not even religious.

Einstein's theory of relativity is no less relevant today than it was decades ago and Galileo's basic observations and theories remain relevant after centuries. The writings of Robert Jay Lifton, Edgar Schein, Robert Cialdini and researchers like Singer, Conway and Siegelman, Zimbardo and Milgram remain directly relevant to the cult phenomenon today.

Moore is little more than a minor academic hack without any stature other than her personal family ties to Jonestown, which makes her less than objective.

You seem to be here to undermine this thread and attack people that post here personally. If I receive just one more complaint about you--you will be banned from this message board.

No one is really benefiting from your posts other than the cults.

Date: September 04, 2018 10:17PM

kBOY:

You have ignored the previous warning and the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Last warning.

Stop promoting your personal beliefs with posts and links or you will be banned.

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: September 05, 2018 12:32AM

rrmoderator

Thank you for intervening in regards to NickleandDimed and kBOY. Respectfully, will you enlighten me why you've warned these two offenders and not Larry Bobo? His posts which contain preaching, in my opinion, clearly violate the rules of this forum.

Sincerely,

I_woke_up

Date: September 05, 2018 12:48AM

Often regarding supposedly bible based groups that have been called "cults" the group and/or leader may manipulate the bible and utilize various verses twisted out of context to control people.

In discussions on this message board about such groups former members may point this out and quote scripture to illustrate this issue.

In this sense the quoting of the bible and referencing of understood traditional and historical Christian beliefs may be both helpful and directly relevant.

That is, it helps to unravel the control mechanism of the group in question and is not preaching.

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: September 05, 2018 01:22AM

rrmoderator,

Okay, if not preaching then proselytizing?? His first comment below implies Christianity/Jesus is the only source of change. The rest float between proselytizing and preaching. Seriously?! He then proceeds to generalize Professors.. this is the exact verbiage The Living Word Fellowship used about Professors which led to many not going to University.

"In the Christian journey, there comes a point where we have to face the fallibility of ourselves and others and then decide whether we will continue to pursue knowing Him – the only source of real change anyway - or withdraw and become bitter"

"As people get more and more free, they eventually realize there really is a God after all.."

"Many young people who have grown up in the church go through a period of deeper soul searching – especially those who are bombarded with atheism in college. Their spiritual life has to become personal, and not just something second-hand from their parents or church. Some come to the same conclusion as most of their professors that they have no spirit. Others concede they have a spirit, but all religions are basically the same. Some like the doctrines of Christianity, and a few actually reach out to Jesus himself. Every individual is different, and all have freedom of choice. However, there are consequences for our choices."

"Just don’t be afraid of letting the real God take the place of a human God – then you can get the fruit you were looking for in the beginning."

" I'm so pleased you've found your way back to Him - so few do and yet it's the real answer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.