Re: We are recruited by stories we listen to and add to.
Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: December 25, 2017 02:25PM

"The leader's illnesses are caused by demonic or astral assaults because of
negative thinking from former disciples or from doubts held by current disciples"

So many of these things ring true as they concern the secret LW Outpost my parents ran with me and my siblings as the only members. But this one in particular stands out.

My father's perpetual pain was amplified by the amount of flesh or Babylon we were introducing into the ecosystem. If my mom hurt herself it was because she had just gotten off the phone with me or one of my siblings and we were too open to the world, or did not break our connections. If anything negative and/or positive happened there was a spiritual reason for it. If it was positive you can guess who got the glory. "See you listened to the leading, and you were blessed."

"The wifi keeps going out whenever you come and visit, dig in deeper to the Spirit. You are diluting the waters… who are you open to?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 25, 2017 11:14PM

Tknc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The leader's illnesses are caused by demonic or
> astral assaults because of
> negative thinking from former disciples or from
> doubts held by current disciples"
>
> So many of these things ring true as they concern
> the secret LW Outpost my parents ran with me and
> my siblings as the only members. But this one in
> particular stands out.
>
> My father's perpetual pain was amplified by the
> amount of flesh or Babylon we were introducing
> into the ecosystem. If my mom hurt herself it was
> because she had just gotten off the phone with me
> or one of my siblings and we were too open to the
> world, or did not break our connections. If
> anything negative and/or positive happened there
> was a spiritual reason for it. If it was positive
> you can guess who got the glory. "See you listened
> to the leading, and you were blessed."
>
> "The wifi keeps going out whenever you come and
> visit, dig in deeper to the Spirit. You are
> diluting the waters… who are you open to?"

My heart goes out to you Tknc. I'm so glad that you are getting help. It sounds like you were raised in an alternate reality netherworld. How can a kid win if the parents are chasing demons and spirits? It doesn't sound like they even made a pretense of using the Bible as a guide, but went full-on mystical. Sounds a lot like the Walk. I wish you recovery and wellness and peace.

Posted by: Tknc ()
Date: December 26, 2017 12:09AM

Thank you for your concern and words of encouragement, I'm celebrating Christmas with my wife's family who is very supportive and loving. I hope you are having a peaceful time as well.

We actually did read the word quite a bit, they wanted us to "feed our spirit" with both the old and new testament. Kabbalistic teachings and Hebrew texts were incorporated, as well as previously mentioned Oespensky's writings. JRS pamphlets and audio recordings were always welcome! Wild to think I'm so familiar with his voice(having no recollection of meeting him) that I could hear it in my head when reading transcripts in Woodrow's book.

I would say the Bible was the main source though. They developed a system that encouraged us to sing the Psalms every morning(ones for each day of the month), with an interlinear Hebrew and English psalm book. The first question we would be asked if they felt we were asleep, "have you fed your spirit today?" Definitely rooted in the Walk, but expanded based on my parent's direction and interests.

But enough about that for today, time to enjoy a family I've never been allowed to love(only keep my walls up to) and all this snow! I wish you all a Merry Christmas, really thankful this community is here.

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: December 26, 2017 10:49AM

Most of us remember John’s line about rat poison being 99% wheat and 1% poison or the nail being driven next to the compass on a ship to take it off course one degree to crash it onto the rocks. I would suggest the negative was much more than 1%. However, there were good things that also happened – like our relationships with one another that were not sabotaged by hierarchy. It wasn’t until decades later, when the fruit had enough time to develop, that some began to recognize how unhealthy things had been from the very beginning. Most of us were too young to know any better. I happen to know that Invisible had a lot of personal contact with John that many of us did not have, and they really are a treasure to this discussion. It’s a difficult process to unwrap the brain washing that has taken place, and we do need to have compassion for each other, no matter where we are individually in the deprogramming process.

I think the brain has a way to shut down trauma until we are better able to handle it. Even after a couple of years of work with a psychologist, I remember a decade of horrible nightmares. We all know of abuse cases where the victim is not even able to recall what happened for decades and suddenly it all comes flooding back into their memory banks. I think that is starting to happen for many with a past involvement in TLWF. It is a deep wound that needs to be healed when the time is right. There really is hope and we can actually have more in our hand than anything we fantasized about in TLWF.

It does help eliminate shame when we begin to understand the “perfect doctrine” of TLWF was not a perfect doctrine after all. That’s why I would encourage everyone to read the words of Jesus again in a different translation where you can be more objective in comparing them to the teachings of TLWF. It is a liberating discovery! The god who is the accuser of the brethren and demands servitude is not the same God who gave His life for our freedom. When you really start to see how wrong the other is, your whole being begins to wretch. Then begins the process of learning forgiveness – primarily for our sake and then hopefully there can even be healing for the abuser as well.

I’m not saying that the wounds we suffered were okay and now we will want to run right back into the same situation. Forgiveness recognizes there really was a violation and then sets a boundary of protection in our hearts where healing can take place. It also brings a greater clarity to our perception so that it doesn’t happen again. Until we forgive, the abuser remains in control. It seems crazy at first, but it works. BTW, Jesus came up with the idea. The guy who wants to call down fire is getting his directions from the manager of the other team. Even if we have a season of those feelings ourselves as we go through the process, they do pass – just like they did for the twelve disciples and the Samaritans.

Date: December 27, 2017 10:01AM

lily rose Wrote:
> Try this link.
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> You quoted from the Hulu production about a cult,
> "Once you've seen the freak show, you can't unsee
> it." So true. It's interesting the recent
> appearance of movies and mini series about cults.
> I think stories from the LW would be fodder for a
> brilliant mini series about false prophets,
> apocalyptic beliefs, and Nazi hierarchies. Or a
> mini series kind of like the Wedding Crashers but
> called the Cult Crashers who infiltrate Bible
> based cults across the country and let loose a big
> Jezebel spirit and shut them down. Does anyone
> know if the FBI ever looked into the LW? There
> were so many similarities to the David Koresch
> group which the FBI did investigate.

Thanks for the link, Lily Rose. That's the video I was talking about. In it, Rick Ross makes the point that no one makes a conscious choice to join a cult. High demand groups do not lay all their cards on the table with new people. They don't tell people their controversial beliefs. By the time a new convert knows the real deal, they have already been assimilated.

Puddington mentioned the "Rebellion is as witchcraft" mantra. It reminded me of a situation in about 1970. I don't know the names or specifics, but I was told by a ministry high in the Walk leadership that a Blix girl ran away with her boyfriend. This ministry said that very soon afterwards, the two died in a car crash. The moral of the story was all about judgment on rebellion. Way to scare the teenagers into absolute terrified compliance.

Date: December 27, 2017 10:36AM

Also, Lily Rose, I'm not aware of any investgations, but how would we know? My guess would be that if anything of that nature had happened it would have been after Jonestown.

Cult Crashers...great idea! Lol

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 27, 2017 11:53PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Puddington mentioned the "Rebellion is as
> witchcraft" mantra. It reminded me of a situation
> in about 1970. I don't know the names or
> specifics, but I was told by a ministry high in
> the Walk leadership that a Blix girl ran away with
> her boyfriend. This ministry said that very soon
> afterwards, the two died in a car crash. The moral
> of the story was all about judgment on rebellion.
> Way to scare the teenagers into absolute terrified
> compliance.

One possible response to this scare tactic now is to point out that the Man of God, who many of us spent so many years praying to enter into resurrection life, died in his early 60's of cancer. Meanwhile, his nephilim wife, who was the target of innumerable death prayers, lived a fairly long life...possibly enjoying her hobby of ballroom dancing until osteoarthritis put a stop to it. Or maybe she remained active until the end, in spite of the effects of old age.
The following is an inspirational link...I've already checked to make sure it is not a clip from an SCTV sketch. It appears legitimate:

[goo.gl]

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 28, 2017 11:47AM

changedagain Wrote:
> Reepicheep Wrote:
>
> > Puddington mentioned the "Rebellion is as
> > witchcraft" mantra. It reminded me of a
> situation
> > in about 1970. I don't know the names or
> > specifics, but I was told by a ministry high in
> > the Walk leadership that a Blix girl ran away
> with
> > her boyfriend. This ministry said that very
> soon
> > afterwards, the two died in a car crash. The
> moral
> > of the story was all about judgment on
> rebellion.
> > Way to scare the teenagers into absolute
> terrified
> > compliance.
>
> One possible response to this scare tactic now is
> to point out that the Man of God, who many of us
> spent so many years praying to enter into
> resurrection life, died in his early 60's of
> cancer. Meanwhile, his nephilim wife, who was the
> target of innumerable death prayers, lived a
> fairly long life...possibly enjoying her hobby of
> ballroom dancing until osteoarthritis put a stop
> to it. Or maybe she remained active until the end,
> in spite of the effects of old age.
> The following is an inspirational link...I've
> already checked to make sure it is not a
> clip from an SCTV sketch. It appears legitimate:
>
> [goo.gl]

Poor Martha. JRS speculated that the disembodied spirits of Nephilim roamed the earth and desired to possess and control his wife. I said speculate because there seems no clear evidence in Scripture for the spirits of Nephilim continuing on earth. When the death prayers began, Martha must have thought, "I'm dancing as fast as I can."

Some of you may have read Walter Martin's book "Kingdom of the Cults." In 2008, his "Kingdom of the Occult" was published. Martin like some Christians believed there is an entity called Satan or Lucifer as mentioned in the gospel accounts and that there are Bible based criteria to detect demons. The following in from pages 423-425:

Viruses are invisible to the naked eye, but we know they exist because we developed the equipment that enabled us to see them. We may not be able to place a demon under a microscope, but God gave us the means to see them:
1.Demons speak in multiple voices and in multiple languages unknown to the person they possess.
2.Demons exhibit superhuman strength.
3.Demons have access to private information that a possessed person could never know.
4.Demons respond to and obey authority in the name of Jesus Christ.

Did Martha speak in multiple voices, languages, exhibit superhuman strength etc. If Martha had a demon, why didn't JRS exorcise it?

I recall once at Southgate, JRS commented about some spooky phenomenon going on at his home. He yelled out to Marilyn who was at the back of the room, "Isn't that right." He seemed to have caught Marilyn off guard, but she replied something like, "Oh, yes."

I don't judge JRS for wanting out of his marriage. Couples can grow apart. But I do call out JRS for manipulating the congregation to pray and prophesy death to a Nephilim spirit that he said possessed Martha. When in fact there probably isn't such an entity and he never proved to the congregation there was such an entity. The fact they we fell for it, didn't question it, participated in the intercession with such conviction says to me that all JRS had to do was (as Corboy and Cloudwatcher just posted) make the suggestion, the nuance and we performed like robots because it was a well run cult.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: December 28, 2017 01:23PM

lily rose Wrote:
> I recall once at Southgate, JRS commented about
> some spooky phenomenon going on at his home. He
> yelled out to Marilyn who was at the back of the
> room, "Isn't that right." He seemed to have caught
> Marilyn off guard, but she replied something like,
> "Oh, yes."
>
> I don't judge JRS for wanting out of his marriage.
> Couples can grow apart. But I do call out JRS for
> manipulating the congregation to pray and prophesy
> death to a Nephilim spirit that he said possessed
> Martha. When in fact there probably isn't such an
> entity and he never proved to the congregation
> there was such an entity. The fact they we fell
> for it, didn't question it, participated in the
> intercession with such conviction says to me that
> all JRS had to do was (as Corboy and Cloudwatcher
> just posted) make the suggestion, the nuance and
> we performed like robots because it was a well run
> cult.

I recall my Mom saying something. She heard from her friend B. About weird poltergeist happenings in John's house. Of course. There were no witnesses other than M or John. Larry Bobo posted his father was excommunicated. Because he disagreed. With the death prayers. I liked what Cloudwatcher posted last year. Something about at least in the Catholic Church they have a published list. Of things that will get you excommunicated. In the LW. They make it up as they go along.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:47PM

NickleandDimed Wrote:

> at least in the Catholic Church they have a published
> list. Of things that will get you excommunicated.
> In the LW. They make it up as they go along.

Keeping people confused about what God is up to (my ways are not your ways) fosters insecurity, which in turn, strengthens dictatorial leadership.
At this point, I don't think there is any consistent doctrine/teaching in TLWF. The stance on Christmas is just one example. Years ago people felt judged if they celebrated it, and now many likely feel judged if they're not supportive of the Christmas truck--allegedly spreading cheer through a few wealthy neighborhoods in L.A.
Do and think what leadership tell you to do and think...which might change tomorrow, or within the next minute. I think that is the true message of TLWF.
Anyway, a belated Happy Hanukkah to all!

p.s. you can wish someone Happy Hanukkah in Hebrew by saying saying “Hanukkah Sameakh”

sincerely,
changedagain
(17% European Jew according to ancestry.com)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.