Date: December 05, 2015 07:31AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear that Shiloh almost burned down one year. A
> fire started to smolder up in the mattress room
> after someone stacked them so high that they
> touched the ceiling light bulb and started
> smoldering.

I surprised it wasn't a recurring problem, given all the heat generated in that room (drum roll, cymbal crash).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 05, 2015 10:45AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'Squashing the fun'...if there ever is a
> reenactment of scenes from Shiloh in those days, I
> do not want that role...or anything dealing
> with the kitchen...or searching for missing fan
> blades in the sawmill.
> I think I would prefer the role of a prophet
> dutifully 'working on relationships' in Iowa city.
> That sounds good to me.

Actually I thought I was in the kitchen and dining area cleanup crew because I was important. The only other guy in there that day was a professional football player, Bob Raba, I figured they had me in there because I must have had APCO qualifications.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 05, 2015 08:31PM

A.D.

Bob Raba was from the D.C. church, played football for various NFL teams, and ended up marrying one of Dan Statton’s daughters. He rose to such prominence in the late 80’s/early 90’s that he was actually the head over Shiloh for a period of time. He was and is such a sweet guy that they probably felt he took whatever ‘edge’ Shiloh had left, and had transformed it into a more LOVING environment--GOD forbid.

His family moved to the L.A. area after his ‘reassignment’, and is still, to my knowledge, involved with the Valley Church. He is pictured standing directly behind Marilyn on the LW home page (http://www.thelivingword.org/).

Date: December 05, 2015 08:48PM

kBOY: Bob Raba was from the D.C. church, played football for various NFL teams, and ended up marrying one of Dan Statton’s daughters. He rose to such prominence in the late 80’s/early 90’s that he was actually the head over Shiloh for a period of time. He was and is such a sweet guy that they probably felt he took whatever ‘edge’ Shiloh had left, and had transformed it into a more LOVING environment--GOD forbid.

-----------------------------------

He was a nice dude. I remember we talked a little while we were mopping the area where people had their meals. I had the pleasure to meet his sister, she drove a tractor trailer, she called our church when she came through Atlanta, (I'll just spill the beans, i don't care, I was "the Atlanta Body" which consisted of usually less than 10 adults and of course the kids were like maybe six at times, people came and went. But anyway, she took us all for a ride in her truck. She was really nice too. Very down to earth, very together young lady. My youngest son had a blast in that truck ride. In fact, he still is driving for a very good company, knocks down twice as much money every year than my best year in construction work.

Date: December 05, 2015 09:12PM

I turned to that website kBoy, and that is the guy I thought looked familiar, and it's the guy I figured would be Bob Raba,of course he has changed a lot, not nearly as much as I have. When you said he was still in the Walk, I have mixed emotions about that, when I hear about somebody real still in there, i think, Dam, why???
But at the same time, it is good to hear, and that means the Walk could turn out to be something now, but I we will see.

I was looking through and seeing how many "aloha shirts" are still around. Also, they seem to be mostly of the color brown, matching what appears to be Gary's favorite color. He wears a lot of brown. We called them Aloha shirts when I was a kid, I lived on Oahu for three years, I started school there, till the third grade.

I bet if John Stevens, instead of liking those shirts, had chosen to get his wardrobe at Victoria's Secret (*a ladies underwear place here, don't know about out west) but as I say, if he had chosen to wear feminine underclothes when he was bringing the word, there would be hundreds of men prancing around the Living Word churches in the very same thing today.

I am embarassed for them.

Date: December 05, 2015 09:36PM

A.D.

I cannot speak to the underwear issue, but TLW engaged in numerous fads over the years long after your departure.

Not necessarily in chronological order, there was the Franklin Planner phase, the McDougall Diet craze, the country/western era, the Israel-trip junkets, the Logos Bible software phase, the attempt to make Shiloh summer-camp an actual ‘vacation’ (lasted one year, and then back to ‘business’), the ‘other ministry/group inclusion’ era (along with gold dust, feathers, and ‘miracle healings’), Shiloh University, and I’m sure a few others I cannot recall. (There were also more local fads that came and went that were not necessarily body-wide.)

Now you are beginning to see all that you have missed . . .

Date: December 05, 2015 09:57PM

kBOY: "Now you are beginning to see all that you have missed . . ."

I didn't miss any of that, because all of the charismaniacs did eid every bit of that BEFORE Living Word got into those things. it seems to be a pattern with them, even as far back as JRS plagerizing Latter Rain, everything the Living Word Fellowship does, somebody beat them to it. Gary and Marily must have been watching Christian television and watching YOUTUBE videos all along to get their "revelations."

I think that happens a lot kBOY, all over Christianity now days, lots of people are catching on. Lots of preachers around nowdays plagurizing stuff they see on Youtube. It's really easy to do, because if their sheeple notice, they will just think that the Holy Spirit was just doing the same thing in lots of places at once.

Date: December 05, 2015 10:18PM

A.D.

That is probably the case. The fact that TLW was so shielded and isolated from the rest of Christianity all these decades only helped to increase their ‘street cred’ with the little people, and allow the leadership to take credit for things that others may have found out about on their own.

This was most evident when G&M first attempted to ‘introduce’ the outside world with the inclusion of ministries outside the fellowship. I can still remember the utter shock people felt when a presentation was given during a Shiloh School of Prophets camp showing outpourings of feathers and gold dust falling on congregants of other groups. We were all saying to ourselves, ‘what the hell?’

Other alignments and associations with additional outside ministries only succeeded in revealing to everyone what a sheltered existence we had led, and how immature was our outlook on the rest of Christianity. Current attempts to ride in on the coattails of the Vatican, etc., only illustrate how lost for an identity the fellowship has become.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 10:20PM by kBOY.

Date: December 05, 2015 11:14PM

Yea KBOY, that is one thing I think JRS would turn over in his grave over, the hooking up with the Vatican and john's boy Gary giving his "how to we pray for Father Fransisco, speach.."(*or whatever his name is)...

I think if JRS did come back to life, (sic!!) he might be able to snap out of his whisky soaked, dillusions of grandeur, long enough to slap Marilyn's face.

I hope JRS made it out of the Walk with his soul, i really do, but i do hope that he realized how damd dum he was for his choices for his replacement while he was dieing and couldn't do a damd thing about it.

Sorry, I still get a little pissed off with him. AND myself for listening to the first danmd John tape I ever played. I hope i don't have to answer to the Lord for stuffing them in the tape player when I was the "SHEPHERD" of that little house church. i wouldn't have made a pimple on a shepherd's @$$. i was set in by wanna be ex AOG rogues that swore they knew John but I bet they have never even been in a service where JRS spoke. I am ashamed of myself for being such a dumb @## even after all these years.

Date: December 05, 2015 11:21PM

Don’t ruin your weekend over it, let alone the rest of your life. We might as well enjoy the anecdotes while we can--we certainly earned the right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.