Current Page: 94 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:20PM

Yes...and I may make the occasional visit to the "I will kill you unless you support your alcoholic shepherd" channel. Just for old time's sake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 22, 2014 06:12AM

changedagain wrote: “There was so much emphasis in the sermons about the enmity of the 'carnal' mind, with repeated warnings about not resorting to reasoning to find truth (scriptural references to the evil Pharisees questioning of Christ), that the environment became fertile ground for mind control.”

----------------------------------------

The following are quotes from: Full text of “Anointing – or Apostasy? The Latter Rain …

“So as I understand it what we have here is basically going to be a ‘Charismatic Version’ of the Roman Catholic Magisterium of Bishops.

When it comes to faith and morals and the way of salvation, Catholics must check their minds at the door and accept whatever the Church says. They can't even study the Bible for themselves because only the magisterium can interpret it.

According to Vatican JJ; no one is allowed even to question the magisterium in matters of faith and morals. Only the hierarchy can interpret the Bible, and the faithful must accept that interpretation as from God.”

“In extreme Shepherding-Discipleship many are compelled to live a communal lifestyle in total "obedience" to their shepherds. They may not marry, work, minister, buy or sell, or exercise their own wills in any matter without their shepherd's approval. . .Disobedience and even weariness common to such a stringent lifestyle, meet with strong disciplinary action.”

---------------------------------------

Babylon the Great -- Mother of Harlots -- ‘Latter Rain Beasts’, Church Enslavement, False Prophets, Tyrants buying and selling human souls, Whackos, Weirdness ------ is this just coincidence??

In my mind, (un)(mis)-informed as it is, I’m wondering if we’re actually experiencing some of this stuff first hand. And if so, I feel lucky/grateful to have survived so far. (My sanity is in question although) It certainly hasn’t been a ‘walk in the garden’ by any means.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 22, 2014 07:14AM

FCSLC I was raised in the Catholic Church so I can confirm your above post. Catholics were fodder for the Walk knowing how to check their minds in at the door. Another thing about being Catholic a quarter of a century ago was there was no Bible study, particularly in the OT. The Walk's interpretations of the OT dazzled me even the parts that really weren't in the OT but sounded OT. It's starting to make sense.

Date: September 24, 2014 09:15AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nichols:
> "the Kingdom Age has its own revelation, recorded
> in the words of its prophet, John Robert Stevens.
> His word is the living word and is taped and
> transcribed whenever he speaks. His word reveals
> the hidden secrets in both the Old and New
> Testaments and without his revelation one cannot
> really understand the Scripture at all. In
> essence, then, the living word of John Robert
> Stevens is the epitome of progressive revelation
> – it is regarded as equal to or even superior to
> the Bible and is, in fact, a Third Testament in
> God's dealings with the human race."
>
> (other than that, he was no big deal)

So true. I remember being interested in Factnet posts from an ex-blix transcriber (screen name Daikon). She left in 1979 amid the emerging power grabs based on the whisperings of John's cancer. It was too political for her and she was there for the "third testament." Walter Martin in "The Kingdom of Cults," (Bethany House Publishers, 1985), page 11, says that "a cult might also be defined as a group of people gathered about a specific person or person's misinterpretation of the Bible." Although at that time I also got caught up in hearing the new revelations, today hearing and reading the word (without giving a thought to new provocative hidden secrets) is just as fulfilling and even more exciting than John's manna.

Date: September 26, 2014 09:38AM

Third Testament in God's dealings with the human race??

----------------------------------

Do the “Third Testament First Principles” command “Head-butting” to enforce complete submission of unruly underlings??

Date: September 26, 2014 11:23AM

FCSLC Wrote:
> Third Testament in God's dealings with the human
> race??
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> Do the “Third Testament First Principles”
> command “Head-butting” to enforce complete
> submission of unruly underlings??

Yes. The Third Testament First Principles see people prophetically acting like animals such as big horn sheep, goats, even oxen before they "enter beyond the veil."

Date: October 03, 2014 07:50AM

changedagain Wrote:
> Bob was estranged from the 'apostolic fathering
> ministries' prior to his passing--something he did
> not keep secret. I think it's highly doubtful he
> would want a 'love offering' taken in his memory
> go to the apostolic travel fund rather than to his
> family. But I suppose if I had been there I likely
> would have nodded in hypnotic agreement with most
> everyone else.
I think within cults a lot of hypnotic agreement occurs. After I left a few years later I ran into a friend I once dragged to a service. The friend asked me if I thought the Walk was a cult and I said I didn't think so. At the time I associated cults with heavy mind control that involved placing bamboo sticks under the finger nails. I didn't really understand mind control until I read David Clark's publication (goggle Bible Cult Mind Control 101 then click www.icsahome.com). This article is interesting because David was in the Walk during the early 70's.

Date: October 04, 2014 12:50AM

lily rose: Thanks again for finding “more” information on the internet about the errors “Walk” members took in “hook, line & sinker.”

When those occasional lying and condemning spirits/memories from our past come to bring us down, we can say, “No, no, no, look at all this teaching we have found that contradicts your entire agenda. Even God hates your interpretations.”

---------------------------------------------------

Ronald Enroth, author and professor of sociology at Westmont College, is correct in his analysis of a leader’s use of power:

… [Bible scholars point out that the New Testament concept of authority as expressed in the Greek word exousia does not have the connotation of jurisdiction over the lives of others. Rather, it is the authority of truth, the authority of wisdom and experience which can be evidenced in a leader who is held up as a special example, who can commend himself “to every man’s conscience in the sight of God” (2 Cor. 4:2).]

---------------------------------------------------

From other internet sites such as [Full text of “Anointing – or Apostasy? The Latter Rain Legacy by Charles Graves.”]

Revelation 2:1-7 ------ deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

[… What exactly was the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, and why did our Lord hate it so much? “The Nicolaitan heresy had already begun to show itself in apostolic days. Jesus had commended the Ephesian Church when He said, "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans which I also hate."

The name "Nicolaitans" is derived from the Greek word nikolaos, a compound of the words nikos and laos. The word nikos is the Greek word that means to conquer or to subdue. The word laos is the Greek word for the people. It is also where we get the word laity. When these two words are compounded into one, they form the name Nicolas, which literally means one who conquers and subdues the people. It seems to suggest that the Nicolaitans were somehow conquering and subduing the people. It is symbolic of the development of a usurping hierarchy (chain of command) that ruled over the laity.

This is a fundamental deviation from Christ's command in Matthew 23:8-9: "But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

This development of a clergy that usurped rule over the people, and abrogated to itself authority over members of the Church to the point that the latter could not even think for themselves, became the tragic error of church history. It opened the way for all other error.

Christ no longer was the mediator between God and man. Instead, the priests, the clergy, the ones in rank dictate and regulate the spiritual flow through a chain of command. Thus, the headship of Christ is set aside in favor of a substitute-----the ecclesiastical hierarchy.

The word "hate" is a strong word, so let's see exactly what it means. It comes from the Greek word miseo, which means to hate, to abhor, or to find utterly repulsive. It describes a person who has a deep-seated animosity, who is antagonistic to something he finds to be completely objectionable. He not only loathes that object, but rejects it entirely. This is not just a case of dislike; it is a case of actual hatred.

The thing Jesus hated about them was their "deeds." The word "deeds" is the Greek word erga, which means works. However, this word is so all-encompassing that it pictures all the deeds and behavior of the Nicolaitans - including their actions, beliefs, conduct, and everything else connected to them.]

-----------------------------------------------------

The control freaks (cult & hierarchical churches) have internet sites that refute the above. When the truth starts to destroy the church and the money stops flowing then, of course, all hell breaks loose. That’s not our problem.

Date: October 04, 2014 11:00AM

FCSLC great post. Among all the various biblical interpretations man has ever come up with, I have to say in my opinion the most insidious, abusive, and the most "not of the Lord" has to be the ridged authoritarian structures that require those who love the Lord to grovel and cower before the self made throne of a man or a woman rather than come boldly before the Lord's throne of grace.

Date: October 14, 2014 01:29PM

Ditchdigger Yasper,

Are you still out there? I found Vain Glory on You Tube by entering a goggle search: John Robert Stevens then on page 3 towards the bottom of the page I found Vain Glory You Tube. Let me know what you think of it. For me it was weird recognizing many faces particularly Tony's ex-wife Melinda who I knew. I think I saw John Miller too.

Current Page: 94 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.