Current Page: 71 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 25, 2014 08:24AM

I guess a way for a fleshly desire to be better than others is to want to belong to an inner circle more than you want to be humbled. I saw brothers throw brothers under the bus to be close to John. There have been posts about that. And I remember one brother, Mike, he looked like a homeless person and was very emotional and cried a lot having been in Vietnam. After he married into the inner circle (Blix girl Wendy), he got sassy and was known to comment to people in the church, "You're really not part of the in group are you?" It was like high school. This church was going to set creation free from futility and it was like high school. Decades later nothing has changed. Now, Marilyn's inner circle of women seem to model themselves after the high school movie "Mean Girls."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: June 26, 2014 02:19AM

Lily Rose, I agree, that many were immature. (Even carnal). Which amounts to little more than a form of sibling rivalry. Even brothers and sisters when they leave home often are still fighting with one another and continue on fighting against one another - no matter how old they become.

And because of immaturity , we as one body of believers in Christ - we were also (some) more mature in this or that and ( some ) immature in this or that. And the majority of us - were both also at the same time mature and immature in areas of our thinking and how we were living our lives and most of us were trying to live - to the best of our abilities - with our hearts & minds set on the Lord - by what we thought was of the Lord - until we came to realize - otherwise.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 26, 2014 03:51AM

So true. I've noticed that in the culture of the Living Word there always has to be a bad guy. Someone who is labeled "the channel of satan". Maybe this is a common practice in totalitarian organizations that have no tollerance for a difference of opinion. Soviet Russia was like this. I suppose John Miller is the current DV. (Designated Villian)

This meaness is fueled by the LW teaching that there is no middle ground. They tell you: "You are either for us or against us"

What hubris !

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 26, 2014 04:18AM

I think I've mentioned this before...the fact that even if it is somehow proven that John Miller is a channel of Satan, he still is a decent human being. I'm pretty dogmatic about that...so don't bother trying to change my mind!

Date: June 26, 2014 07:16AM

During my time at Shiloh the movie Grease was popular and John Miller warned us about one of the female characters, Rizzo, being a "channel." I don't think so.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:06AM

I guess I'll finally have to watch Grease and form my own opinion. I suspect I will like Rizzo, channel or not.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 26, 2014 11:08AM

Stockard Channel

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:27AM

Something to ponder:

At Grace Chapel of Southgate Probably in (1966 ) or 1967 - what would occur - was made known - no less than 15 years - before it came about. When the church was yet but a hand full of people, this was spoken.

What was spoken - would have been recorded on reel to reel - for it was spoken - before the days of the cassette recordings.

I was present at Grace Chapel - in Southgate - in 1966 or 1967 - when John was standing in the pulpit and saw a vision of the future and spoke prophetically concerning all he was seeing - - of the day when he would not be leading the church, and it was shown to John, that a very young man, too young to have the responsibility for the church, was leading the church, instead of John leading the church - and this young man was leading the church astray, off the tracks and away from God. And being shown this - John cried out to the Lord, for the church because the church was suffering all kinds of sufferings as a result of this young man leading the church astray and these sufferings John said , were far reaching - even beyond the church - because the church was being led astray. And the answer - I saw and heard John receive and say - was that a little child would lead them and that God would cause all things to work together for good, for those who loved God and were called according to His purposes.

( My reference and understanding at this time - To be as a little child.)
Jesus explained to His own disciples', When a truth is very difficult to receive - the only way one can receive that truth, is if one receives the truth - as a child.

I believe Jesus was talking about grown men/women - who already have fixed in their minds what they believe to be truth - fixed - believing that which is not the truth or not of the truth - and only by opening their hearts and minds, like a child ( are they enabled to receive ) - that which is the truth.

As a point of reference - as we here , have discussed and expressed in many different ways - we know that the mistreatment of the members of the church for any reason - is not of the Lord. We now know and understand ourselves - that destroying ( for religious purposes ) the relationship of those who are married - is not of the Lord. And we know that cutting off ( for religious purposes ) the relationship that is to exist between parents and their children and children and their parents , whether the children be young or grown - is not of the Lord. And we know that controlling the lives and the will of the members of the church ( for religious purposes ) is not of the Lord. Can these truths, also be received by the members of TLWF ?

See In Isaiah 11: 1-11 ..... a little child shall lead them... See how it is that they will not hurt or destroy.

Date: June 27, 2014 05:57AM

Invisible, your insights always very healing. Someone posted a while back either here or on factnet that John was obedient to the word the Lord gave him to pass the mantle to G&M. I'm not so sure John always had a pipeline to the will of God and I wonder if the term mantle of authority wasn't misguided thinking that was misused by John and G&M. If John never had a mantle of authority there would have been no mantle to pass on.

Changedagain, you mention proof of a satanic channel...are you referring to a DNA sample?

Paleface, Stockard Channel...ha! ha!could have been a tee shirt during the days of the siege.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 27, 2014 08:08AM

Anthropologists say Neanderthal man buried tools in the graves of their deceased. It’s conjectured that the hope/inkling of an afterlife must have been inherent within these individuals since organized religion with temples, holy books, professional priests, prophets, apostles, teachers and inner circles had not yet developed.

What a blessing for the Neanderthal’s to live with their own spiritual inklings (undisturbed) rather than feeling obligated to the manufactured rules and requirements of the sophisticated church of our times. Perhaps their larger cranial capacity allowed them to avoid the pitfalls of “church” as early as 600000 years ago (c. 598000 BC). ---------- (my speculation)

I am enjoying the recent posts. The Salt Lake City church was such a satellite church that most of us were a little uninformed and in a time lag. Remember the “Whisper Writer?” That was pretty good for us back in those days. I recognize many of the names mentioned in the posts, but didn’t know many of these people on a personal basis.

Current Page: 71 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.