Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: what cult were you in?
Posted by: meh ()
Date: October 31, 2015 07:01PM

I was a member of Soka Gakkai International (SGI) for seven years. It's a so-called Buddhist cult, headed by Daisaku Ikeda, a Japanese billionaire with possible Yakuza connections.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: November 07, 2015 05:43AM

jan w. lane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in the walk from around 1970 until around
> 1983. Which local body did you attend? I was
> mainly in the Campbell area church under Howard
> Klein, and then in the Coniah Chapel group under
> RD Cronquist, but attended many of the LA churches
> with JRS on special occasions.........like the
> feasts. I think it was all so messed up.

I'm sorry to take so long to answer you. I have been posting on the Living Word forum. It's about the longest forum on here. Anyway, I was in the Atlanta church. It was very small, met mostly in my house for the last few years. We were actually under the Knoxville church, under their charter or whatever. There were only about 10 of us at the very most, adults that is, all at once, mostly around 7, but for a while we had another family come in, we would lose one, gain two, whatever.

The Knoxville church was small too. We used to meet all over the South in various small churches, Tennessee had two LWF churches, Alabama had one, South Carolina one, Florida had one or two, I think those were combined actually.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: November 07, 2015 11:55AM

In some ways, you were probably blessed to be part of a much smaller group, far away from the Valley churches or the San Diego faction, and Shiloh. I still wonder at the meaning of it all. Since leaving the Walk, I have not found another group to attach myself to. I guess I never want to risk having a repeat of any of that whole circus.

I have come to terms with the past, and see only the present and the future as being important. I still have my core beliefs and I feel fortunate that I did not become cynical to any greater degree. I do not trust Mega Churches or wealthy pastors, or anyone who seeks positions of power in the name of Jesus Christ.

Posted by: cultleak ()
Date: November 25, 2015 07:13AM

I was in the Ching Hai 'association'. Truly the most dangerous cult. I should of changed the Television channel as soon as I saw the leader of the cult who never offers any proof of the claims she makes about herself, call herself "enlightened" or a 'master'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 07:22AM by cultleak.

Date: November 26, 2015 12:35AM

supermonkey Wrote:
> I was born a Jehovahs Witness and excomunicated
> when I no longer followed the cult my parents
> friends all my family they disowned me so I turned
> away from their lies and found TRUTH> I have
> fought cults now since the 70's and believe that
> they are ALL evil and should be shut down. We
> need to stand together and reach others with the
> truth of the evil that cults do

SUPERMONKEY, my first mother in law was a JW. I can say that they are really whacked out people. I guess the only thing that I do admire about them is at least the do believe in trying to recruit people, evangelize I guess you call it, even though they are a pain in the rear when they zero in on your address and try to talk you into the fold.

I am glad you are free my friend. God bless you. I hope you have found a church or even if you are a free lance Christian like myself, that too is cool.

Posted by: TheBibleIsRight ()
Date: December 16, 2015 07:14AM

I just got out of House of Prayer Christian Churches of America. It's headquarters is in Hinesville, GA. I left, because the head pastor - Rev Rony Denis - said these two things: 1) He knows the date of the rapture and 2) He has gotten so close to God, that he is no longer a human. He is a spirit, now.

My husband stayed. I'm in the process of getting a divorce. I'm living with my step mom in Tennessee. I'm glad to be out.

Date: December 17, 2015 12:09AM

TheBibleIsRight, I think you perceived a pretty glowing red flag and got out of there at the right time. It is really sad that no doubt, lots of your friends probably stayed. That's the way it was when I left my cult. Lots of people that I thought would know better, didn't seem to know better and they stayed.

TheBibleIsRight Wrote:
> I just got out of House of Prayer Christian
> Churches of America. It's headquarters is in
> Hinesville, GA. I left, because the head pastor -
> Rev Rony Denis - said these two things: 1) He
> knows the date of the rapture and 2) He has gotten
> so close to God, that he is no longer a human. He
> is a spirit, now.
>
> My husband stayed. I'm in the process of getting
> a divorce. I'm living with my step mom in
> Tennessee. I'm glad to be out.

Posted by: TheBibleIsRight ()
Date: December 18, 2015 08:27AM

Dear Helen,
This sounds a lot like what I am going through right now. I just got out of a cult four days ago.The head pastor said he was no longer a human being, but was now a spirit being. He also said that he knew the day, month, and year of the rapture. I had seen wierd stuff before, but it took that to make me leave. I had tried to leave several times, but either chickened out or was talked out of leaving. One time I was restrained by my husband. My husband has stayed and I am going to get a divorce. I'm glad you got out. God bless you, my sister

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 29, 2015 07:55PM

I was in the Walk. Currently known as The Living Word Fellowship. Founded by John Robert Stevens. Currently being led by Gary Hargrave. I was in for many years. Been out for a while. This was and still is a cult by all the standard definitions. I have had to unlearn much. I got professional help. Getting free takes time and effort. But is so well worth it.

Date: March 18, 2016 12:15AM

I don't know much about the Landmark Seminars but I am familiar with a few companies that are certainly cults. I remember getting hooked up with A.L. Williams life insurance one time, they had this thing going about selling term insurance and invest the rest instead of whole life. I mean that is sound policy , but it was the way they pushed it, like it was their whole life purpose to get people that insurance and then they would sell it too, like a pyramid thing.

Also i recall the Celltech blue green algae. I remember my son getting into that, and that turned into his life purpose for a while, he was eating those little capsules and he thought just as soon as he put on in his mouth they suddenly gave him huge energy and mental prowess and all of that.

Just about anything can be a cult, not just churches.

Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.