Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Does anyone recognize this??
Posted by: Jana ()
Date: February 21, 2003 05:36AM

I have a good friend that has recently paid $695 to attend a seminar in Las Vegas. The name of the organization on the form that was emailed to him (he was told the website is "down"), is ChoiceCenter Worldwide Inc. The name of the seminar is It's My Life". The first course is called Vision (Part1) and the second course is Breathrough (Part ll). There is only a phone and fax number on the form, no address. I have searched the internet and called the BBB in Las Vegas trying to find information on this company, all to no avail.
The course includes interactive discussions, dyads, mingles, small group exercises, closed-eye proceses, games and sharing (this taken verbatim from the form he was emailed). Interactions with the trainer and homework, is also discussed. The course runs from Wednesday to Sunday, with a "Breakthrough Interview (one-on-one) scheduled for Monday. The course start in the evening during the week, and end at midnight. Weekend schedule runs from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, with a workshop on Sunday and a Celebration.
I am very concerned about this, as I received an email from my friend telling me has signed up for the second part (at an additional &795), and will not be back till after the first of March. He also informed me that my life is mediocre. If anyone can give me any details on this company, or what you think they may be associated with, I would be more than grateful.
Thank you for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: righttofight ()
Date: February 21, 2003 10:06AM

There may be a trainer associated with that named Kathy Benson.

I am not sure. She is a freelance trainer and located in that city.

She is a good sales woman. Very good.

I would be careful and NOT DO IT.

Your friend is "lost" if that is their response right now. "Mediocre" Right now they have swallowed the poison pill. So tread carefully. I lost my girlfriend to this cult training for being too critical.

I would not be surprised if some trainer is just trying to "hit and run". Throw a seminar together for a one shot gamble at the EST/LEGACY/LIFESPRING slot machine. PAY OFFS are good with the right amount of willing souls.

Please fight these workshop trainings.

Date: February 21, 2003 11:00PM

Thank you for your response. I am still in shock over all of this. It's hard for me to fathom that an adult could fall for this drivel. After perusing this site, and others, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a Landmark or some similar est type training.
I am wondering if I should contact his family. His cousin is the person that "invited" him to this crap, so the family may not be receptive to me on that level. They are also on the northeastern Coast, so there is really no one here on the west coast other than the cousin that got him involved.
I have talked to him once on the phone since he left, and he sounded giddy. Almost like a child. It frightened me, to say the least. The emails have stopped. I'm not certain if I should try and contact him, or just wait until he gets back, and see what the damage is. I have very mixed feelings, as this person lives in my home, and I do not want this type of program involved in my life on any level.
This is an excerpt from his last email:

"This thing has been around for over 20 years. Our trainer is the son of the man who helped form it. And while my cousin may have had a hard time putting into words what the training is about, I can.

It's My Life is all about pointing out how you've sold out and settled for a mediocre life instead of doing what you're truly capable of. And I would have to say , to be honest because I care about you, your life is pretty damn mediocre right now, but we'll talk about all of this stuff when I get back."

Very scary stuff. If anyone has any other thoughts on dealing with this matter, I would appreciate any input.
Thanks again.

Date: February 21, 2003 11:51PM

Hi Jana,

I deeply sympathize with you right now. Deeply.

My relationship with my girlfriend was destroyed by the same training here in Los Angeles.

I am not sure who your friend is taking the training from. "Son of man who started this . . ." A lot of people have capitalized off the Erhard training. Handley? It does not matter.

The important thing: This friend is coming off the training "high" and will try to prosletyze you. They will shame you into feeling you are living the "life of regrets". I know. I use to come from that zealous belief as well that these trainings are making you realize the life you have is mediocre.

First of all: To them, the participants this feels real. To dispute this or tell him that he is brainwashed will only engender anger. Right now it is like a drug that is feeling a painful hole in his psyche. You can try to derail the courses before he goes into the "Leadership" by introducing this to his family or someone he really cares for. You could plan an intervention.

If he does not live in Las Vegas (not clear about your situation) and has to travel home to stay with you this is fortunate. Distance and lack of frequency will help wear off the effects.

He will feel this way for about 2-3 weeks. But if he goes on to the next level. Watch out. They practice remedial brainwashing by having daily phone meetings and weekly in person meetings. For months. That is when I dropped out because the cult characteristics really jump out.

You see what he has been experiencing really are valid regressive techniques to bring out emotions. The emotions are real. It's the messages the leaders are feeding that are pernicious. Essentially anyone will breakdown emotionally and feel these childhood feelings when pushed a certain way. The leaders of these trainings have you convinced that only they can unlock this. Later they will hook you into getting others to unlock themselves the same way - recruiting.

You cannot argue. You can simply point out and disagree. Do not be a door mat. But you are in for an emotionally draining experience being with him.

Read all of the articles on this web site by Dr. Singer and others about the mind control process. You may want to print them and show him. Depending on his level of sophistication they may work. My ex-girlfriend was not very sophisticated so articles did not work. Basically, her family getting in her face worked. To an extent. Also, losing almost everything she has worked as well.

The end of these roads are empty and he may have to travel it. There is very little you can do other than plan an intervention with people he really cares about.

I am sorry. You are going in for a bumpy time if he plans on coming home and converting you. Again, do not argue. Disagree. But do not be a door mat. I made the mistake trying to appease my ex by saying I would sign up, and . . .

It came back to haunt me. It was difficult to say "You have been influenced by a form of mind control. It works slowly and subtlely. I do not agree with what you are saying."

He will probably find a way to discount you quickly and move out.

Depends how deeply they affected him. Different people are affected differently.

More sensitive, more naive - more deeply affected.

Unfortunately, again it is filling a need within him and you have to ride it out.

Hope this helps. It's the best from the professional therapy and reading and suffering I have gone through.

Date: February 22, 2003 12:00AM

I was thinking some more.

He is going to be very zealous about this after completing level two or what they call in other areas "advance". If you can live with it for a month, it will start to wear off unless he goes into the third level training. They will try to hook him while he is there.

The cousin is also a problem because he trusts this person and is pushing it.

It is filling a hole. For them it is real. It is sad but the hole was there before they entered the training. It does not replace psychotherapy.

Date: February 24, 2003 09:27AM

righttofight,

Thank you so much for your caring responses. At this point, the only thing to do is wait, and see how badly it has transformed him. I'll keep you posted.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 24, 2003 11:24AM

If you live in one of the cities where [www.craigslist.org] has a bulletin board, you might consider posting a query/warning about this LGAT in the 'community discussions' listing. That way you can 1) warn others about this scam and 2) get further information in case someone reads your posting. You can arrange for your listing to carry an anonymous e-mail address. If anyone does respond, you can arrange to correspond through this forum so you dont lose your anonymity.

This sounds rough. Good luck to you. Key thing is you must keep your own sanity, or you wont be able to help anyone else. The best advice given is 'Keep the porch light on'. Dont try to argue people out of their beliefs, but indicate that you are still there to love them any time they change their minds and want to connect.

Date: February 24, 2003 11:39AM

...you are referring to? If so, I found this on Google by doing an advanced search and typing the person's name into the 'exact phrase slot' and 'Las Vegas' into 'all words' slot.

If this is the person you're referring to (and we need to do more checking as this is a very common name)

the KB refered to in Google is (or once was) associated with something called 'Your Best Year Yet' a motivational training package that seems designed for businesses and teams.

I got this info from the YBYY website.

Again, we need to verify things. This is a common name and lots of folks have it.

Date: February 25, 2003 10:10AM

This is the name on the form that was emailed as a word.doc to my friend: ChoiceCenter Worldwide Inc.

The name of the course: It's My Life
Vision-Part1....cost $695
Breathrough-Part ll.....cost $795

Telephone numbers: 702-838-3988
702-334-4300
702-256-8468 Fax

I have done reverse searches with all these numbers and have come up with nothing. I have also searched for ChoiceCenter Worldwide Inc., and have found absolutely nothing.

If anyone else has any luck with finding the base of this illusive company, I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks, as always :)

Date: February 26, 2003 12:47AM

If you have a website there are ways (I am not familiar with the methodology) that you can track who the domain name is registered to. You can use this method to identify set ups where a single organization is using mulitiple names. But if someone doesnt have a website, that makes it harder to track them down...precisely what some types are after.

You might consider writing a courteous 'heads up' letter to the BBB and suggest that the profile of this organization is worrisome. That way if others call the BBB that will help create a paper trail.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.