Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Erhard audio or video on the web?
Posted by: roughOne ()
Date: February 03, 2005 11:54AM

Hi all. I had a quick question, I'm wondering if anybody could help with this.

Does anybody know where there are some Werner Erhard audio and/or video recordings online? I seem to remember that one time I did a websearch and there was like a series of them like "may 1971" "august 1972" or something like that. I happened to listen to the "Werner reggae" clip on this website and I would like to further my research into this subject via audio/video if possible. I've been reading a lot of the articles on this website about Landmark/EST . If anybody has any links for audio/video I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Rough

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marc landeau ()
Date: February 04, 2005 08:26AM

Here's a link to some audio of the reggae rip-off fest, on the right side of the page under the book picture: [www.culteducation.com]

And here's my own little tid bit (yes I'm quoting myself)

"Open yourself to the [i:4bcfae22c4]possibility[/i:4bcfae22c4] that con-men can wear nice suits and shiny shoes too. Remember that you are not allowed to take notes (but the salespeople in the back of the room are). [i:4bcfae22c4]Rackets[/i:4bcfae22c4]? Lets keep the discussion on YOUR [i:4bcfae22c4]rackets[/i:4bcfae22c4], not Landmarks please. If you leave to go the bathroom you might break the trance of confusion and group brainwash, so you'd better return to your seat at once if you want to get [i:4bcfae22c4]'it'[/i:4bcfae22c4]. They just want to help you have a [i:4bcfae22c4]'clearing'[/i:4bcfae22c4]. When your wallet is thoroughly cleared and the real estate agent, I mean new 'friend', has sold you a condemned building in the bad part of town that no one else wants, then you will truly know you've gotten [i:4bcfae22c4]'it'[/i:4bcfae22c4]. You may proceed to the next level. Sign here. Oh, and open your wallet please."

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 04, 2005 09:42AM

Listen to that "Reggae" clip again....

He's is front of a bunch of "zoned-out" followers who think he is the second coming. They sound like the audience in a tent revival or faith-healing ministry, all pumped for some imagined "deliverance."

Ad men talk about "fusing" their brand into customers' drive behavior; drive behavior being things like survival, sex, territory - "lizard" or "reptilian" stuff, and affiliation, status, companionship, belonging, - "mammalian," "herd," or "pack" stuff.

Notice how he fuses himself and his business with the audience members' sex drive, so that, as long as they have one, they will associated it with est and Werner Erhard. (Think I am going to barf.)

He got part of this from Napoleon Hill's, "Think and Grow Rich," in which Hill informs prospective millionaires that they can use their own sexual energy to propel themselves into successful sales. Nothing new here- just another "tool" in the salesman's toolkit, but in this case probably part of reason early (and not-so-early) estoids were said to "rut like bunnies." Also, Werner Erhard informed his followers that "sex" had nothing to do with "love," so they were free to have sex with pretty much anyone they wanted to, as he did, and with the "no victims" stuff, it didn't matter how spouses, partners, girlfriends, or families felt about it. I imagine this was one of the reasons there were and continue to be so many break-ups and divorces within the est/Landmark community. (If the jargon, conceit, new-found zealotry, idiot logic, posturing, and arrogance didn't drive you away.)

Ellen

Date: February 04, 2005 11:33AM

That is very inciteful. I hadn't really noticed that so much negative was going on in that brief, seemingly innoccuous and cheerful clip. I know that when one lady that stood up to give the testimonial she sounded completely SPACED OUT. Wow, that was absolutely scary. But yeah, I'd really like to listen to some other samples of Erhard presenting... I mean, I've heard so much about Landmark/Est, and I know so much negative about it, and it is just amazing to actually have that window into what was going on in the 70's, via audio recording. (dreadful, but amazing).

Anyways, does anybody remember where that link to some Erhard recordings was? Moderator? Are there any more Erhard recordings hidden somewhere in this vast, sprawling, not perfectly indexed site? :D

Thanks for any help!!!

Rough

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 05, 2005 09:15AM

Haven't seen anything much on the internet. There may be copyright issues.

They do show up on eBay from time to time, taped programs that were sold in those clam-shell thingies, though they get pretty expensive for some reason.

Ellen

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 05, 2005 09:59AM

Perhaps this is what you saw.....

[www.webmasterworld.com]

"Last year, I built a website so that I could share some memorabilia with my dad (he lives out of state and just got into the computer).
The website contained hard-to-find documents, pictures, audio, and video of werner erhard and the est Training. For those of you who don't know, werner erhard was an enigmatic cult leader from San Francisco. He started an organization called est which became the Forum and Landmark Education. In 1991, werner was accused on "60 Minutes" of some horrible acts. In response, he sold his company, fled the country, and hasn't been heard of since.

I didn't promote the website, nor did I try to make any money from it, but I must have ruffled some feathers because an attorney contacted my host and asked them to remove the site for copyright reasons, which they did.

I don't feel I was infringing on any copyright. "

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: February 05, 2005 10:54AM

Hope,

The "least" of it, is taht you did what was/is right.....in many ways that those of us non-swimmers know.....

"keep the path"... :lol:

PAX

G

Date: February 05, 2005 11:40PM

G,

That wasn't my website. The text in quotation marks is an excerpt from it.

Hope

Date: February 08, 2005 05:42AM

Hope,
Well, is there some way that you could let me get access to some of that audio/video? Maybe you could post some stuff on a geocities webserver for a few days, or something like that. What do you say? I'd be interested to hear some audio of the original EST presentations, video would be extremely interesting. thanks....

Rough

Date: February 09, 2005 04:13AM

Rough,

I have nothing to do with that website. I found the link and posted it thinking perhaps it was what you saw a while back. Try and find the owner and contact him for the audio.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.