Rapport Leadership International-HELP!
Posted by: aykaie ()
Date: February 02, 2005 11:15PM

Any information anyone has on Rapport Leadership International would be greatly appreciated! My ex-husband had been "enlightened" after spending a weekend in Vegas and wants to sign up my 15 year old daughter.
HELP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glam ()
Date: February 03, 2005 05:59AM

Sorry to hear your news. I'm trying to find info on this group specifically, but in the meantime, here's some general info to help you get started.

Warning signs:

[www.culteducation.com]

Coping strategies:

[www.culteducation.com]

Lifton's Eight Criteria:

[www.culteducation.com]

A psychological study of Lifespring training:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: February 03, 2005 01:24PM

Glam,

I'm don't want to be in-appropriate, I just think that someone (ok, me), should tell you that your commenting is RIGHT ON....I enjoy your thought process and the message that you deliver...It seems that you are "driven "like I am...

THaNK you..for being you....(I'm just thinking, no feeling, that sometimes we all need to hear a diff voice in our heads instead of ours!!! My voice keeps telling me to kiss a non-jazz interested girl!!! :cry: )

PAX :D

Posted by: i8badfish ()
Date: August 23, 2006 10:57AM

I think there's something missing from this post: How do we know Rapport Leadership is a cult? One of my good friends attended a leadership training class and when I ask her about it, she says "they just make you do things that make you learn so much. If i told you the things, they wouldn't make sense." Needless to say, my interest has been rediculously piqued. I'm a journalist so of course I've done my research and all graduates and the Rapport website are interestingly nonspecific. What do the classes consist of? What do you DO to strengthen skills??? Why do you guys consider the company a cult?

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: September 05, 2006 08:48AM

My husband has went to 3 of these training and let me tell you he isnt a changed man he isnt any better than before. I did some research on this rapport crap and the info wasnt very good they make you sign a waver that they will not be held liable for any emotional or physical harm to you and also they say this is for business but please tell me what does hugging people you dont even know and holding hands with people other than your spouse make you a better leader. I can honestly say I do believe my husband was brainwashed and every time he talks about Rapport Leadership I just say oh the brainwashers and he gets mad so that proves to me that something is not right with this place.

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: September 05, 2006 10:10AM

Check the threads on PSI Seminars, PSI7, it's the same BS!!!!

Infact check the posts by Molbro4k on PSI specifics. They show exactly what he's going though.

My advise is DO NOT LET YOUR Daughter GO.

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:58PM

Samual thank you for the threads to give me more info I will check them out, this is just really frustrating and after seeing I am not the only person who is feeling this way is a relief because I have been going through this since August of last year and the sad thing is that my husbands boss has these people come and do traing classes at their office,it makes me sick

Posted by: jayhawk_pat ()
Date: September 23, 2006 06:18PM

I got to an international college outside of the US and they made everyone who is attending this semister take leadership breakthrough one! Aside from paying over 1000 USD for this I can not think of anything positive to say, and I am not alone in this feeling, I wold guess there are at least 60 others who would join me. So long story short do not waste your money on this!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.