Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Public embarassment, confession, contrition
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 23, 2005 05:43AM

There was some mention, if memory serves, of Werner Erhard using the scientological practice called "mocking-up" in one of his "advanced" programs.

In scientology, as I understand it, they "mock-up" something in clay, or ~recreate~ it in order to get something they want or destroy something they don't want. If I wanted a Ferrari, for instance, I could model one in clay and then "manifest" it somehow using scientology "technology." Or, if a scientologist is suficiently advanced, he or she can just use imagination without the clay.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 23, 2005 06:12AM

Interesting. In advertising, ads are "mocked up;" you do a "mock up" to show a client what the finished ad will look like.

It's incredible how much of people's time Landmark takes up. It's like having a second full-time job. You work all week and go to LEC meetings at night, and then you spend your weekends doing "mocks" and intros and attending even more meetings. The poor assistants must be living in a continual state of exhaustion. My poor friend.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 23, 2005 06:17AM

The interesting/scary thing with the mocks are that whoever is doing the mock is really opening themselves up to more humiliation and embarrasment until they complete the mock to the standard that is desired. You can be made to repeat the same paragraph time and time and time again until its right. including the right emphasis on words or even just the way you look while you are doing it.

Mocks are done at every level of the organisation. Introduction leaders mock for other introduction leaders, seminar leaders mock for other seminar leaders and so on.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 23, 2005 06:36AM

One thing I find amazing is that Landmark encourages you to "be honest and take what you have coming," encouraging you to speak up to your boss, for example, about what you don't like about your job (which could lead to getting fired). But at the same time, they set people up for humilation in a work-like setting and DIScourage those same people from speaking up about what bothers them about THAT situation.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 23, 2005 07:26AM

You have hit the nail on the head so to speak Glam, Landmark teaches one thing but does another, not just in this type of situation but in others too.

If they ask you to do something and you say no they ask you to be unreasonable. When you say you can't because of what ever reason they challenge you again to be unreasonable even if it means doing something that could get you fired.

Whats more scarey is because your critical thinking and inner voice (which tells you of the consquences) is pretty much shut down you do it most of the time.

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 23, 2005 08:10AM

Glam & Sonnie Dee,

Its labeled "doing the 380" [DEGREES]

Lotso politicians& magicians (is there any diff? :roll: ) regularly do it....

divert attention oppositely away from what you really are doing/intending...lieke (purposely missspelledddd :D )

I was going to give some examples, but "ya'all" are wise enough to get it!!!!

PAX

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.