Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Public embarassment, confession, contrition
Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 19, 2005 01:56AM

Posted on the internet by a Landmark leader (I've removed people's last names to save them further embarassment):

I am declaring a breakdown around statistics and request your support in managing this week's report. The following participants have not reported:

Angela N****
Honey F*****
Brian S******
Laurie S**********
Steven C***
Bob C******
Marisol P*****

Please call/email Maureen with your stats by noon on Sunday. Please call your buddy/group to support them if their name is listed above.

Thanks,
J

One reply:

Maureen,

I was not my word. I promise to turn in my statistics on time. I assisted 2 times last week. 0 guests, 0 registrations.

Love, Courage & Inspiration,

Angela

So not only are they pressured to report statistics every week, but if they're late, their names are posted for everyone to see and they receive further pressure from the group.

How sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 19, 2005 02:20AM

Glam,

This is how Landmark works all the time, I can't remember the number of times I was hauled up in front of the introduction leaders to "confess" and go over why I "broke" my word. The introduction leaders programme (which is what these people will be on) pushes you all the time, you must assist you must register people. you say you will register so many people each week and when you dont do that you have to fess up. it makes you work harder to get the registrations so that you wont be humiliated with how terrible you are in front of everyone.

sonnie

Date: January 19, 2005 02:29AM

How awful. I'm so sorry for you. It breaks my heart to think of my friend going through this every week....a grown man with a (truly) extraordinary career and amazing talent being embarassed and treated like a child. (His wife, too.)

Posted by: Mikinos ()
Date: January 20, 2005 12:59AM

This is really sad. My friend, a new Landmarkian, just let me know that he is going to enter the leadership training. It's amazing to me that people accept the harrassment as "empowering". He has used that word with me and yet, all I can see is him giving his power and identitiy away to the group. It seems the opposite of empowerment to me.

Date: January 20, 2005 01:55AM

It is the opposite of empowerment. I believe my friend is going through the same training, as well.

:(

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: January 22, 2005 10:58AM

this is the power of hypnotism. landmark leaders
are trained to become magicians. of course they
dont call them that in the new age.

Posted by: Mikinos ()
Date: January 22, 2005 03:05PM

I wonder if the "leaders" know that they are brainwashing the crowd or if they really believe they are helping them to become enlightened. Additionally, I wonder if there is some place in the hierarchy of Landmark where they have "normal" meetings about, increasing recruits, revenue building and the "line that really had them hanging on the edge of their chairs."

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: January 23, 2005 02:24AM

i believe there are both.

there are some of the leaders that have been so
brainwashed that they actually believe they are helping
people.

i believe there are others that know better and get
a thrill out of enslaving people.

jinnendra jain, the nastly little man that led the forum that
i was in gets a thrill out of what he does, he may be
retired now.

he was filthy mouthed and then almost like a miracle
after the empowerment process he become like the
little grandfatherly type guy, completely void of his
filthy mouth.

Date: January 23, 2005 03:47AM

Does anyone know what a "mock" is, in Landmark terms? I'm wondering if it's the same as a mock in Scientology?

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 23, 2005 03:55AM

Hi Glam,

A mock is a practice introduction, you do it infront of other graduates and they pretend to be guests. you get graded by a senior Introduction leader or by your ILP coach.

Or once you are an introduction leader, all the introduction leaders get together once a month to "mock" the introductions so that they can get feedback and work on their presentation and delievery.

Also they regulary have "normal" meetings about increasing recruits (in landmark its called participation) builing revenue and reducing costs and they also look at the delivery of the courses and what could be "better" in their eyes. (they gauge this on how many new people sign up after someone has done a course, its sucessful if each participants has registered someone or more then one person)

A lot of the leaders get a thrill out of leading and you will actually find that the way they lead is very similar. However there are some leaders who I find were a lot more verbally abusive then others, Jinindra Jain was one of them (although I missed out on it personally because i was not a registration manager at that time and so of no consequence) Roger Armstrong was another and David Miles was at times too.

Some of the leaders truely believe they are making a difference particularly those who have really gone through the whole curriculum, done time on staff just to become a forum leader. (of course then there are those who just do it just to be a star too)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.