Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
What is the Landmark 'It' everyone wants to know?
Posted by: marc landeau ()
Date: January 11, 2005 03:02PM

That's really scary. We expect the politicians to be the ones to keep this sort of stuff in check. I guess it just goes to show that everyone is human, and humans are susceptible to tricky encyclopedia salesmen who convice you to buy a riddle instead of the actual encyclopedias.

Can you imagine if a son of a former president of some country was to get elected president himself (twice) under questionable ballot math- and that son of a shrub goes one day to a Landmark introduction and bites the bate? And then maybe he convinces himself that he needs to recruit his whole country to Landmark Forum? Boy, hope that never happens here.

Poor little New Zealand with their couple of Landmark mixed up politicians. At least New Zealand is part of the "Coalition of the [i:efca1adec5]Willing[/i:efca1adec5]" so they can't be all that messed up. Hey, what's all this "[i:efca1adec5]willing[/i:efca1adec5]" talk? Sounds a little like, "Are you [i:efca1adec5]willing[/i:efca1adec5] to be open to the possibility (of buying my riddle)?"? Is someone cooking fish in here. Hey Frank, I smell fish. Did you cook fish?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mikinos ()
Date: January 18, 2005 12:48PM

Marc,

You are a loon but, I like your humor. I live in that same country where the president was elected by quesionable math. The scarey thing is I wouldn't be surprised if he is already a Landmark graduate. He certainly has constructed his own reality!!!

I am bracing myself for the Landmark phone calls. I gave a leader my number before I knew what this whole sham is. I actually said "This sounds great. I should present this to HR for our orientation program" eeee gads!!!!! ......oh well, it was about time to change my number anyway!!!

~M~

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 19, 2005 06:03AM

The person who tried the intervention of my spouse mentioned that many in Wash, D.C & military (did THEY really need it? :D )

have been "compromised" remember hearing...They don't know what they don't know?

By the way, can you imagine a voting block created with thousands upon thousands of people with a post-hypnotic suggestion or simply through having manipulated experience in giving all-out allegiance to a "leader" who uses the right "cue" words????

Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 20, 2005 12:29AM

ULTAWARE
The person who tried the intervention of my spouse mentioned that many in Wash, D.C & military (did THEY really need it? :D )

have been "compromised" remember hearing...They don't know what they don't know?

By the way, can you imagine a voting block created with thousands upon thousands of people with a post-hypnotic suggestion or simply through having manipulated experience in giving all-out allegiance to a "leader" who uses the right "cue" words????

Scary. Yes, several "insiders" have suggested this might be true. I wonder if Landmarkers are using this as a selling point, in the same way they use the "Harvard Study," which wasn't really a study. Well, it's all about "deployable agents," or creating "deployable agents," so why wouldn't those in power look at cults and cult-tactics as a way to deliver these? Did you see the quote from Ron Suskind in an article in the NYT relating a conversation with a Bush Administration advisor talking about "creating your own reality".

[www.nytimes.com]...

"In the summer of 2002, after I had
written an article in Esquire that the White House didn't like about
Bush's former communications director, Karen Hughes, I had a meeting
with a senior adviser to Bush. He expressed the White House's
displeasure, and then he told me something that at the time I didn't
fully comprehend -- but which I now believe gets to the very heart of
the Bush presidency."

"The aide said that guys like me were ''in what we call the
reality-based community,'' which he defined as people who ''believe
that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible
reality.'' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment
principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ''That's not the way the
world really works anymore,'' he continued. ''We're an empire now, and
when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that
reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other
new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort
out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to
just study what we do.''

"...we create our own reality."

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 20, 2005 07:37AM

I'll take an eyes-open-educated options reality, that includes looking at BOTH the good and bad of anything -

over an idealized fantasy/nightmare ANY day!

Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 20, 2005 07:54AM

Informed consent!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.