Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
An inside/backside view into LEC
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 13, 2005 02:07PM

Delphina_9
Lucretia and I apparently had similar experiences with life changes, ........... I was warned in the beginning however that these immense changes would likely occur in my life. That my relationships may change, I would choose different ways of being with friends, and interests would change as well. So when these changes happened... I knew I was on the right track!..........

Also said to people before attending an advanced in-residence program with the Trancscendental Meditation Program/ Movement. Also said in regards to attendees for the Miracle of Love Intensive or any of their advanced seminars... I suspect that all cults say the same thing.

And of course, there are teachers/guides/leaders/coaches to help talk you through those challenges as you move along in your 'growth', service, and commitment to the program. That way you slowlly lose contact with those who would express concern about your narrowing worldview, or the distrubution of your free time and funds.

Then they've got you!

Sorry, we've all been there one way or another.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lovinglife ()
Date: January 14, 2005 01:52AM

My question about "Spouse" ?

Dunno. Maybe it's just a cultural thing. Is it common in the US ? I've hardly ever heard the word used here in the UK. It just feels less warm and personal than husband or wife.

My LF leader..? Blimey...that's testing my memory. Were you thinking that perhaps we had the same one ?

BTW If you want a laugh, have you tried [quizilla.com]? I put my experiences in and got a none too surprising answer. Thinking about the questions does pose a problem... that some of those questions do cast my family in a negative light... for the pressure put on family members to buy Christmas presents! :D

By the way, what do you guys think of some of the things that graduates are saying about their recent experiences on sites like My Landmark Forum and I Love Possibility ?

Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 14, 2005 02:17AM

Hi, lovingife,

You're in the UK? So many of my friends are from there. Whereabouts are you from?

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: January 14, 2005 05:33PM

lovinglife
By the way, what do you guys think of some of the things that graduates are saying about their recent experiences on sites like My Landmark Forum and I Love Possibility ?

Reading these sites, I felt sorry for the children and teenagers that have been subjected to it -- it's difficult to explain, and I'm not sure that someone who hasn't been through that kind of conditioning as a child could understand what I'd mean anyway... I may try later if I think of a useful way to express it. The adults sounded no different to anyone who gets sold on a particular self-help philosophy -- for example, newly converted Christians often refer to how Christ has transformed their lives and made them better happier more accepting people (and often try to ram it down other people's throats without understanding why other people may have different views and want to keep them, despite how Christ or Buddha or the Kaballah or whatever has totally transformed their lives). I'm suspicious of any sort of mass-thinking, be it religion or aggressive "self-help" -- those sites did nothing to alter my perception.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.