Landmark Education:Werner Erhard speaks to Kennedy School students
Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: February 10, 2010 10:08PM

[www.youtube.com]

Here you can see a bit what a Landmark Forum is. Imagine sitting in a chair listening to this for 3 full days. 9AM - midnight.

I did not listen to it all. I skipped to 50 minutes into the talk.

Mind control techniques I have spotted)
- he is shifting his voice a lot, sometimes to the point when he almost screams and uses his hand like a megaphone. This was used by the landmark forum leader that led my forum. Learned by copying Werner.
- he suggests things - making you believe that you have a choise. But his voice will echo in your head if you would have been listening to it closely.(maybe he would need more time to get into your head.
- the message is pretty confusing. Your brain will struggle with the contradictions. This is intentional to make your brain go numb. After a while you start to NOT question what he is saying.

I must say that he is not as good at the game as when he was running the est/Forum. He struggles with words sometimes and I have never seen a landmark forum do that.

I did not get it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 10:10PM by Lars Bergwik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark Education:Werner Erhard speaks to Kennedy School students
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:22AM

Above are perceptive comments on the Erhard performance at the Kennedy School. Few sane minds would want to endure much of it. Most of it is irrational, a word he addresses near the end, just before the Q & A. The students speak volumes with their vacant, expressionless stares and the one disjointed question asked. Also the large number of students seen exiting the room before the end says it all. What LGAT, whether it be Landmark, Impact Trainings or other LGAT species can take pride in having Werner Erhard as an intellectual father and source of inspiration? Erhard keeps talking about some friend, a great behavioral economist that deserves the Nobel Prize, as part of his rambling. Flying in the face of all of the testimonials which LGATs post on the Web is this example of this just one of the LGAT inspirational sources obviously and unintentionally expressing and demonstrating what the whole LGAT method had done to his brain. Gone is the young, dark, hansome, articulate, confident, persuasive Erhard, now replaced with the haulting, unsure, confused, bumbling, demented Erhard that we see today.

Werner no longer gets it! Thanks for posting this great link.

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: February 12, 2010 12:37AM

Now I watched the first 8 minutes and OBOY he is just talking nonsence. But of course he is a bit older now.

Amazing that his fans thinks this is worth watching. I watch it just because I am interested in the man that contructed the cult that robbed me of a lot of time, money and mind.

Lars Bergwik aka nettie on this forum
In memory of Hans Linder who killed himself by hanging after being subjected to Landmark Education's courses

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 13, 2010 09:32PM

For some reason all I can think of in relation to Werner is the "Jedi mind-trick". And it's not quite working for him. Weird.

At least I'll snap out of it soon.

John

Re: Landmark Education: Shamblog Wall St Journal harrassment
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 24, 2010 04:03AM

Landmark is up to their old tricks of hassling and attacking editors and members of the media.
A Landmark moment. [shambook.blogspot.com]
They do this as they know if they constantly hassle and threaten everyone in the media, then 99.99% of the media will decide to censor themselves, and just avoid criticising Landmark in any way, simply to avoid the hassle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.