Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
clergy forums
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: December 06, 2004 09:17AM

has anyone heard anything about the landmrk forum for clergy.
i know its a five day event and thats about it. its very secretive.

the other day i was reading some posts over alt.religion.christianity in
google groups and a man was talking about how he had been
in pain and had suffered because of it most of his life.

a right winger jumped in and told he he chose to be in pain.

apparantly its spreading throughout the church but i have not
had any info on it.

thought maybe someone here has heard something.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
clergy forums
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 06, 2004 12:08PM

Unbelievable! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they try to square life and everything about it to be meaningless - even someone's religion. But then as I recall doing my initial research on LEC, it was a pastor who corresponded with me from The Scoop on Landmark web page.

clergy forums
Date: December 06, 2004 12:45PM

i remember a few years ago when landmark had the clergy writing
letters for them to put out on the internet that so many of them said
and i quote

"i worship God profoundly "

id like to get a chance to converse with some of them over
landmarks empowerment process.

that would be interesting.

clergy forums
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: December 06, 2004 01:26PM

It is known that Werner made a trip to Ireland back in 1993 to hold one of these clergy Forums for Catholic priests and Nuns.

I have seen on some of the pro Landmark sites such as "ilovepossibility" that there is a Nun from Manila professing her testimony as well as other sites, including the Landmark Education website.

This Landmark strategy is about gaining credibility and "neutralising" the argument that Christianity and Judaism conflict with the LE Philosophy that:

"I am responsible for everything in my life"[/color:902692c30c]

On some of the priestly testimony, what appears to be common is that prior to attending there was dissolusionment. What I find hard to fathom is that Catholic priests study philosophy so the glaring inconsistancies of the LE existential perversion should stick out like the proverbial dog's genitalia.

When it comes down to it, a priest is a human being too and is just as susceptible to the psychologial manipulative thought reform as the rest of us.

"i worship God profoundly "

I would say that the projection of the feelings of "connectedness" and "euthoria" from the sleep deprivation etc. are applied to God whereas in secular cases it is applied to other participants or partners and the "self". The danger is that this new found love of God has no basis in faith which the church holds as a gift from God, but rather has its basis in an unethically practiced psychological process.

Oz

clergy forums
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 06, 2004 01:32PM

Unless it was being organised through Landmark Education Business Development for a large church organisation, I dont think this would happen. The landmark forum (for adults) is always the same length of time, 3 days and one night.

Although there are some individual ministers/preachers/pastors who have done the landmark forum, I have not heard of any large scale clergy event.

It is interesting to note that a large proportion of religous figures who have participated or vindicated Landmark are from stand alone churches that is they do not belong to a large umbrella organisation.

Of course I imagine that LEC would love for something like this to happen then they can tell everyone all about it, use it to swing peoples thoughts about participating.

clergy forums
Date: December 08, 2004 12:04PM

but i have read in the past there is a 5 day forum type
thingie for clergy.

i understand its a 5 day forum not just another 5 day :)

clergy forums
Date: December 08, 2004 05:02PM

Here is an open letter from Rev. P. Gerard O'Rourke, Administrator, St. Agnes Church San Francisco dated 1993 - As a Catholic this makes me very sad:

[www.scooponlandmarkforum.com]

Landmark also has testimonies from priests who have done Landmark Education. I guess they are human too and have the same vulnerabilities as the rest of us. BUT...

Patrick and others - When Werner was very much involved with The Forum, he targeted the Christian Churches, particularly the Catholic Church back in the early 90's. As to whether this type of marketing is still in existance, I don't know.

However, I stumbled across this Schooling org promoting Landmark Education:

Letsfixourschools.com
[education.letsfixourschools.com]

Oz

clergy forums
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 09, 2004 03:25AM

Oz,

I do know for a fact that Landmark are trying to get into schools. They want the distinctions of the Landmark Forum to be taught from a young age and to be in every school.

There is a big agenda for this and I know that people are working behind the scenes to have this happen.

Sonnie

clergy forums
Date: December 09, 2004 04:09AM

it seems the preacher u referred us to definately has the
"I thank God profoudlies "

to put it simpley, this is the destruction of the church.
i dont what has become of the Christian belief that God
is who we turn to. instead even the preachers , and im
sure they have their problems just like the rest of us
seem to have tossed it.

i would still love to have a conversation with some of them
over landmarks empowerment process.

it used to be called the danger process.

clergy forums
Date: December 09, 2004 09:27AM

Hi Sonnie_dee,

What you write about Landmark infiltrating schools is correct. Landmark has infiltrated a private Catholic School on the North Shore of Sydney and this commenced 5 years ago. I don't know how it happened, either through teachers or parents but I do understand that a legal guardian must have done The Forum before accepting children in Forum for Young People and Forum for Teens.

Are you able to devulge the strategies Landmark is using?

Are they building the distinctions into the school structure or planning to send students to the "centre"?
Oz

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.