Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmark is closing its office in Amsterdam
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:50AM

yeah !!!! I wonder if anyone knows more details why actually ... !he Landmark office in Amsterdam was very vibrant and very large. Bad press coverage?
Two years ago Frankfurt/Germany was closed, now Amsterdam ... only London is left, Europe is getting the first Landmark-transformation-free area :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark is closing its office in Amsterdam
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 27, 2009 12:25PM

fascinating, maybe they are having trouble with government regulations concerning injuries to people, and things of that nature?

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:33PM

if this is true I am very happy!!!

Awaiting more news and confirmation that this is actually happening.

Lars

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2009 09:01PM

Back to the Eighties--Golden Oldies

Sit back, relax and listen to 'Another One Bites the Dust'

[80s-disco-music.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ExLand ()
Date: October 27, 2009 11:31PM

I heard on twitter that they closed abruptly- I try to go on twitter every so often to try to dissuade people from doing the forum... sometimes it works, sometimes not- I feel that I have nothing to lose by trying!!

There are loads of people asking about the forum on twitter- I always try to point them to Lars' Videos on youtube and to culteducation.com!

They have also decided to skip the year-end forum in South Africa, the next forum is in Jan 2010.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

Exland

Date: October 28, 2009 02:56AM

the only reason why they close down an office is that it does not produce results.

Results = new recruits = registrations to the "intro course" - the Landmark Forum.

If that statistic is too low they cannot keep an office even if supporters love to have that office to go to.

So now the dutch people have failed to deliver .... :-) ...thus they have no office.

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: October 29, 2009 02:36PM

ExLand
I heard on twitter that they closed abruptly- I try to go on twitter every so often to try to dissuade people from doing the forum... sometimes it works, sometimes not- I feel that I have nothing to lose by trying!!

There are loads of people asking about the forum on twitter- I always try to point them to Lars' Videos on youtube and to culteducation.com!

They have also decided to skip the year-end forum in South Africa, the next forum is in Jan 2010.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

Exland

I'm starting to see more critical Tweets about Landmark. Here's two recent ones (Twitter names removed):

A very, very good documentary by France 3 on the cult organization called "Landmark Forum". Watch here ยป [is.gd]

worried about people falling prey to the Landmark Forum.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 30, 2009 09:48AM

Lars Bergwik
if this is true I am very happy!!!

hey Lars,

I knew Lars will be very happy now ... you are THE stand for NON-Landmark in Europe :-)

as you said, it is because of not enough recruits, as far as I know Landmark requires a certain growth rate (5%) in their offices.
but it is definitely true, the office is closed.

It is all strange:
they have not much costs (only one Forum a year (150 * 750 Euro = 112,500 Euro ) should cover at least one salary (50,000 Euro). In Amsterdam they had sometimes a Forum every other week, or 20 a year: 2 Mio a year from the "Forum" alone, let them have maybe 4 paid employees ... and so forth ... phone costs are pretty low these days ... 95% volunteers ...

Date: November 01, 2009 12:37AM

I think they want to put their efforts in other parts of the world - Asia is a big thing for them.

In Stockholm we had about 1000 new recruits doing the forum per year. After the media exposure I think the numbers dropped to a level where they didn't think it worth while to keep the office.

Landmark is in it for the money and the powertrip.

Posted by: spoony ()
Date: November 02, 2009 02:28AM

Lars Bergwik
I think they want to put their efforts in other parts of the world - Asia is a big thing for them.

So is Eastern Europe - they've already translated the forum into Polish.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.