Landmark Advertisements on the net...
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: November 25, 2004 06:55AM

[top100expo.com] if it happens to go on the main page, then click on the main page link on the right hand side that says:[/color:740530a91f] 10/23/2002 Past Adventures vs. Possibility

[home.earthlink.net]

An extraordinary adventure!!! The Landmark Forum is a $375 “roller coaster ride” that provides an unprecedented and unpredictable adventure. The Landmark Forum promises to deliver “anything you want for yourself or your life”. But “what you want” is often unknown (or different than what you think you want).
[haveitnow.com]

[aboutlandmarkforum.blogspot.com]

[www.evite.com]

[home.earthlink.net]

[home.earthlink.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: November 27, 2004 12:50PM

isnt this a shame..

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: November 27, 2004 01:56PM

Wow. It serves to remind how easy it could be to get sucked up into one of these things.

About a year ago I was going through a real low-point, career-wise (I ended up resigning from my job, it got that bad). I was terribly depressed and under a huge amount of stress and went to see a careers cousellor to see what I could do to make it better. Luckily the man in question could see that I wasn't in a fit state to take up his course, and he didn't pressure me at all -- but I could so easily have gone to some sort of Landmark thing instead, had I stumbled along the wrong thing on the net. There ought to be a warning..

...also shows that Landmark doesn't improve your grammar either ;)

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 27, 2004 08:08PM

Evite seems to be used by Landmarkians. I received an invite some months ago from one.

I know of someone who has found Landmark leaflets around too outside of the USA. It seems that they are now resorting to both paper and electronic leaflets and mailouts. - This seems to be a new trend.

Oz

Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 28, 2004 02:40AM

Probably against "official" Landmark policy. I think they've always discouraged this type of thing for the reason that it robs new converts of the opportunity of practicing their selling skills and Landmark is all about selling skills. Also, it's impersonal. Landmark needs the personal touch, preferably from a friend or trusted confidant, to get the hooks in early to better insure compliance. I have worked in some projects that required the compliance of subjects and there was always some personalble, good-looking young woman assigned to that job. People were much more likely to folllow orders and follow through with the experiment when there was a personal connection. Without that, most of them wouldn't even bother showing up.

Ellen

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 28, 2004 06:23AM

they now have some of those little ads that pop up when you do a search on Google, for instance.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 28, 2004 07:53AM

With regard to the first Evite from Montreal's first posting, you can go into evite, click the red flag, "report abuse" and select "innapropriate". This goes to Evite Customer Service who may remove the add from the site.

It is innapropriate as it is suggesting help with "career transition" but it really designed to sell Landmark COurses to unsuspecting people.

The link below is on a somewhat related thread about Landmark online dating for recruitment purposes. The thread author, "Nycupperes" conducted statistical analysis on grammar and word usage showing a reduced vocabulary among Landmarkians. it is a long thread but really worth reading.

[b:6cb6ac4e8d]Landmark Online Recruitment:[/b:6cb6ac4e8d]http://board.culteducation.com/viewtopic.php?t=763

Oz

Date: December 02, 2004 08:09AM

[b:f4041a8be7]
Concerned Oz
With regard to the first Evite from Montreal's first posting, you can go into evite, click the red flag, "report abuse" and select "innapropriate". This goes to Evite Customer Service who may remove the add from the site.[/b:f4041a8be7]

I guess Customer Service doesn't see it as innapropriate, yet!!!!

I've added two more to the list, and will keep adding to the same list when I do find more.

Date: January 17, 2005 08:59PM

Jan 2005 Update.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 17, 2005 09:26PM

I've been reading some of the public Landmark newsgroups, and it seems another method of recruitment is for female attendees to go to battered women's shelters and offer a "miracle makeover." Just what battered women need...someone sucking them into a "cultlike group."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.