Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
What the "Bleep" do we know, How is it related to
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: February 14, 2006 06:49PM

Savernake
I can't understand what all the fuss is about with "What the Bleep". It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The "scientific" priniciples are so inaccurately applied, and that blonde lady reminded me too much of Captain Kirk for me to take any of it seriously. And the weird thing is, presented in a better format, I probably would have liked the film. I love all that Quantum Weirdness/consciousness/the nature of reality stuff. This film however, was just too much pseudoscience -- anyone with a base knowledge of physics would see right through it (an argument for better education in schools perhaps?).

Want to read about Quantum Mechanics and how it can save the world ? Have a look at this:

[www.invincibility.org]

As you know, John Hagelin, the most cited physicist in the movie "What the F%$#@" is the big time leader of the Maharishi University. It's all related. The same rubbish.

Read also the front page of rr this week about Vedic defense against terrorism. Thank God we have Quantum Mechanics. We can create reality the way we want if you get the proper training (LOL)!!! But what if the terrorists have mastered the art also??? No need for bombs anymore, just thoughts!

Looks as if the Stargate project is back isn't it? Do you remember the Stargate project for psychic warfare? It had a famous Scientologist in charge, a phycisist named Hal Puthoff. Isn't that strange how it all converges to the weird?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: February 14, 2006 09:55PM

Good link Mike,

I found this part elucidating:

Yet it is inherently safe, despite its power, because it is based on the application of a completely holistic level of Natural Law.
It's interesting to see the links between different aspects of the New Age philosophy. The quote above is heard in different ways in alternative or holistic medicine. This is what will save us from the deficiencies of Western medicine, and will lead us into a new age of health.

Sick-sack anyone?

-lightwolf

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: February 14, 2006 10:37PM

lightwolf
Good link Mike,

I found this part elucidating:

Yet it is inherently safe, despite its power, because it is based on the application of a completely holistic level of Natural Law.
It's interesting to see the links between different aspects of the New Age philosophy. The quote above is heard in different ways in alternative or holistic medicine. This is what will save us from the deficiencies of Western medicine, and will lead us into a new age of health.

Sick-sack anyone?

-lightwolf

It reminds me of psychic healing, distant healing or quantum healing (it's all the same). But I asked myself, why not distant killing??? Well, I read (forgot where) that this doesn't work because distant "anything" works only if the "intentions" are good!!! That should keep us safe from distant terrorism!

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 15, 2006 04:27AM

as almost-distant-killing??? This is an excerpt from an advertisement for a seminar by a holistic "healer" who was....

".... visiting South Africa to present his findings, after 15 years of research and field study. Participants will be taken on a journey of discovery into the world's most remote and secretive sects, and have the opportunity to learn about their fantastic practises. These range from the effects of meditation in terminal diseases, to the Balinese practise of projecting energy in order to paralyse a group of attackers from a distance."

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: March 16, 2006 08:40AM

I was looking at some movie reviews for a show tonight and ran across the review for [i:66164baea3]What the Bleep-Down the Rabbit Hole[/i:66164baea3], and had a nice chuckle. Thought the rest of you might enjoy:
Here's the link to a few reviews (there are four -- two of them offer praise, but even those offer some insights):
[movies.go.com]

Here's the one I found refreshingly candid (it also has a link to a review of the original movie):
[www.slantmagazine.com]

I don't know anything about Slant magazine, but they seem to have nailed this one:

what's abundantly clear about both specious What the BLEEP editions is their inherent function as bleeping insufferable infomercials for an intelligent design-ish faith that blends science and mysticism.
and

it's clear that the real modus operandi of these "experts" is promoting a new-agey version of spiritual enlightenment intended to replace traditional monotheism. Society's "superstitious, backwater concept of God" is the filmmakers' ultimate target, since it interferes with their belief that everyone is God and that all of us are "co-creating our future." If people are truly able to construct their own destinies, then I can only hope that What the Bleep, with its hokey and derivative CGI, John Tesh-influenced score, and screeching electronic sound effects, will beget a future devoid of these filmmakers' creepily cultish work.

That "co-creating" stuff I've heard before from the Lekkies. The Christian ones think they can co-create with God. Must be nice to be able to give God a hand. Evidently He's getting less omnipotent with age. :wink:

I'm off to see [i:66164baea3]Eight Below[/i:66164baea3]. At least that won't mess with my mind! Hope you enjoy the links.

-lightwolf

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 09, 2006 10:12AM

I was so disappointed to hear the load of crap at the TCM World conference held this past weekend in NJ. This is the fifth Building Bridges conference, the goal of which is to present the research on acupuncture, Chinese herbs and traditional Chinese medicine, being carried out by both western and eastern researchers. The past four conferences were excellent, but this one, which explored spirituality and science, was loaded with references to What the Bleep, quantum healing, paradigm shifts in healing, no right and no wrong, but lots of patient-blaming. Unfortunately, this was also the largest audience so far, with many more laypersons in attendance than I've seen in the past but also MDs, chiropractors, osteopaths and nurses. Up on the screen when I walked in, in huge letters, was "YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY", and Brother Bernard Seif referred several times to quantum physics and "all the stuff in What the Bleep". This is quite troubling but no entirely surprising.

Recruited into NXIVM via a trusted friend
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 04, 2017 02:03AM

It is 2017, folks.

Here is why it is so important to run due diligence background checks on
anything new age or alternative therapy.

MS Edmonson did do a background check on NXIVM. Her trusted friend persuaded her
to ignore her findings.

We get recruited via relationships with people we already trust

[www.culteducation.com]

Why I Joined a Secret Society That Branded Me

A former member of a Nxivm women's group responds to those who called her blind and stupid for submitting to mutilation.

BySarah Edmondson as told toSarah Berman
Nov 3 2017, 8:45am

I met a director named Mark Vicente who made a film called What the Bleep Do We Know. It came out at a great time in my life when I was seeking a certain path of bettering myself. And when I met him at a film festival, I told him that I loved his film—just gushing. He said if I liked the film, I might like this program he just took. He had just taken a 16-day program with Nxivm a few months prior. I actually remember standing with him and talking about this really smart guy named Keith [Raniere] who was a humanitarian and really changing the world. At the time, that appealed to me—that whole concept appealed to me. I ended up taking my first five-day training just a few weeks later.

*(Corboy note: Mr. Vicente has since left NXIVM and is working to expose
its abuses. Great article here:

[www.culteducation.com] )*

(Edmonson)I'd say for my first couple days I was very closed. Like, my parents are therapists. What are you going to teach me? On day one, I came home and googled the company, which I hadn't done before I signed up. I called Mark Vicente, and I said, "What did you get me into?" He said, "Anyone can write anything about anyone online. Of course there are smear campaigns and haters and stuff like that." I said, "OK," because I trusted Mark more than anything. [Editor's note: Vicente left Nxivm after allegations of the secret society within the organization came out.]

Edmonson and the other branded members were groomed for years. If you said you felt uncomfortable, you were told this was good, you were taking it seriously.

The best metaphor I can use to explain it is the frog and the boiling pot of water.

If Lauren had said to me hey, want to join this group? You're going to have Keith's initials burned into your crotch. Of course I would have said you're crazy, get yourself to a psychologist.

But it didn't happen that way. It happened in very incremental stages, with more and more commitment and more on the line, and more coercion and blackmail. A lot of people say you could just run out, you could leave.

I just didn't feel like that was an option at the time.

To read the entire article, go here:

[www.vice.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 08:50AM by corboy.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.