Landmark used for drug rehabilitation?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 26, 2004 03:36AM

Apparently this doctor has created substance abuse programs centered on Landmark's "transformation:"

About Dr. Harry Henshaw

Dr. Harry Henshaw
Director of Outpatient Services
Holistic Addiction Treatment Program
16170 NE 11 Court
North Miami Beach, Florida
1-800-559-9503
www.drugrehabcenter.com

Dr. Henshaw earned his doctoral degree in Human Development and Counseling from Boston University and has designed and implemented mental health and substance abuse programs in outpatient, residential and hospital settings in Illinois, Massachusetts and Florida.

Dr. Henshaw is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida, a certified Clinical Supervisor and a member of the American Counseling Association. Dr. Henshaw is also certified to practice and teach hypnosis in the State of Florida.

Dr. Henshaw is also in private practice in North Miami Beach, Florida and utilizes the technology of Transformational Counseling. In addition to his work as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Supervisor, Dr. Henshaw has developed a series of audio helath care products for use by professional providers and the public.

From a press release:

The conversations that take place with my clients at the Holistic Addiction Treatment Program are conducted primarily within the language used through my personal training and development with Landmark Education. These conversations are done so by design. While it is important for a client in recovery to begin to act and behave differently, it is crucial to their recovery that they begin to think differently too. The language used in Landmark Education is unfamiliar and tends to create a space or clearing, at least initially, of confusion. This confusion acts as a pattern disruption for the client, causing him or her to start to seriously question what is being said, the meaning of the conversation. It is through this confusion and questioning by the client that they will have the opportunity to become present to their very thought process, to that which has been the true cause in the matter for them, to that which has been creating their experiences and their sense of reality, especially as it applies to how they have been thinking about themselves, the basis of how they have been being and way of life.

The full press release can be found here:

[www.emediawire.com]

I knew about Scientology and Narconon, but using Landmark "tech" for drug rehabilitation is news to me.

Glam[/quote]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 26, 2004 06:36AM

[www.ncf.ca]

The mission statement will probably have a familiar ring.

Date: October 26, 2004 06:59AM

Wow. His site sounds so much like LEC's I'm surprised they haven't sued him.

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 26, 2004 11:33AM

corboy
http://www.ncf.ca/~dy656/earthpages5/articles_tc.htm

The mission statement will probably have a familiar ring.

quote="corboy"]http://www.ncf.ca/~dy656/earthpages5/articles_tc.htm

The mission statement will probably have a familiar ring.[/quote]

What does ED.D stand for???

This is what I understood from reading the text on that link.

This guy took Landmark courses, became a true believer and follower, and is now out in the world transforming others, by coaching them (coaxing them in beleiving), with the use of hypnosis and nlp to deprogram and reprogram people,,,, Removing their true identities.

How possibly can you reinvent your life, when you didn't invent it to start off with? All who you are, is because of all the events in your life, if you erase all that, you don't have an identity. If you don't have an identity, who are you?

All I saw was a constant repetition of Landmark jargon, over and over,,,, possibilty, creating, reinventing, self being, living a life that we love, powerful, integrity, authentic.

This reminds me of people that have to change their identities, to protect themselves, because of certain events in their lives, then go live in exile, forced to leave their past behind, country, family, friends, all of it and start all over,,, The only difference here,,,The above are concience of it and have reason to, cause it's a matter of life or death... These people that are taking these courses, have no reason to do this, but are made to beleive that they have a reason to, and are not concience at all, that all is being taken away from them,,,, :(

Here's a great slogan for Landmark,,,,,, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Courses,,,,Come out new and improved with no surgery lobotomy!!!!! You won't remember a thing, but life will be perfect,,, Sign up, and live the life you love!!!!!! :roll:

Meanwhile, we are losing family members, friends, spouses, etc to this company and others like it........ but it is not criminal right? Thumbs up for humanity & technology, not only are we destroying the planet we live in, but we are destroying ourselves,,,,, arghhhhhh!!!!

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 26, 2004 10:45PM

I wonder what the letters after the name actually represent. No bio is provided on the web site of where the practitioners actually went to school, where they did research, etc. , other than Landmark.

Edit - Corboy's link provided more info - doctoral in human development from Boston U. Surprising that someone who did all that work would use Landmark technology as therapy.

Date: October 27, 2004 12:34AM

It's frightening -- he has degrees and certifications, but basically he's a Landmark Leader-For-Hire. He "transforms" people one at a time rather than in a mass group. He's certified in hypnosis, so I'm sure his patients "get it" pretty quickly. And he selects particularly vulnerable people -- people with substance abuse issues who are looking for help. Sad.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: October 27, 2004 01:38AM

maybe he is licensing the tech from landmark. that is one area
i have never heard mentioned. its so secretive.

who is licensing the tech from landmark ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.