So we've been conned by Landmark right????????
Posted by: lovebunny ()
Date: October 21, 2004 07:26AM

:( So after my study of you rmaterial which tells me that when they throw out statements like it is, and it isn't. Life is empty and meanignless and so on this means that this si so powerful that it throws people into a hypnogogic state and they'll buy anything. Right? Tell me if I've got hsi right! I need some fedback!!! I'm concereend about the others!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: October 21, 2004 03:47PM

Hi,

I doubt that those statements are what puts someone in a hypnotic state - as some kind people here explained to me, it's a combination of the length of each day, limited breaks, in-depth coverage of the rules and extracting a promise to obey the rules, lighting, room design, possibly a drop in blood sugar due to the one meal break, fatigue, human nature to want to please the facilitator and stick with the group mentality, sharing of personal tragedy and so on. It's a process of getting broken down so that you give over to it.

Maybe after you've completed the forum and graduation, those phrases might bring you back to the feeling of transformation and you might associate that feeling only with Landmark, and that's what keeps you going. I don't know.

I am concerned about you. I have no idea what you are going through right now, but it must feel like some kind of internal battle. If at all possible, please consider going to a therapist who has worked with people who've attended LGAT. Right now, the last thing on your mind should be worry for the others, you need to take care of yourself. To try to stay with Landmark telling yourself that it's because you want to help the others who went to the forum could be devastating to your health.

I've read your posts and they're all over the place. You said that you did est in 1983 - that's 21+ years ago - even if you were around 18 at the time, that makes you near 40 now and your posts do not sound like they're coming from a 40+ year old. I would say you're about 22, have had some college psychology and all this was fascinating from the outside looking in. If I'm way off, I apologize, that's just how it reads. It's irritating to read about how Landmark enrollees have been taught to be authentic, yet the people who post in here, who are in the middle of their Landmark experience, seem to be really unauthentic.

I'm sure there are lots of experts here who would really like to help you, so if there is anything you wrote that isn't true, please start your story over, they will understand. Please concentrate on taking care of yourself first, if you want to help others, the best thing you could do is point them to the many articles on this site and the most important thing you can do for yourself is to stop all association with Landmark right away - don't go to another meeting and don't answer your phone when they call.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 22, 2004 03:38AM

You'll try anything, right, Tex/Lovebunny/Leibnitz/etc.?

"Lovebunny" has all but admitted to me that he's using this new incarnation to poke fun at someone else's posting style. He's quite coherent off the Rick Ross site, and for some reason he thinks this game he's "running" here is fun. He purposely uses different writing styles and poor grammar because he thinks it throws us off the trail.

Just so everyone knows.

Poor guy. I wonder what his internal argument must be like, trying to justify his behavior here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.