Landmark Internet International Recruiters???
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: September 29, 2004 12:11PM

I didn't know how to title my story, but this title is what I am feeling this could possibly be, unless it is quite coincidental,,,,.I just got bad feelings about this,,,,, Hopefully some answers will show up. I guess I just need to vent and since a huge part of it has to do with LANDMARK FORUM,, here goes......

My 23 yr old, french b/f of 5 years left Canada, to visit his parents in France on June 15,,,. June 28, he chatted online, with a 30 yr old woman from Montreal, July 5th, out of the blue, I became history, August 1st, she flew to visit him in France and August 15 they flew back together and he moved in with her, leaving his Montreal apartment,,,

August 17, I received an email from him, stating that he was going to be attending a communication seminar in Toronto in September,, I didn't think anything of it at the time,,, then I received a phone call from him, on the 3rd day of the seminar. With a nervous/tense voice, he told me that he was on a break, didn't have that much time, that he was tired,,,that he was calling because he wanted to see me to talk to me about things, he mentioned "integrity", which I found weird, cause it is not part of his vocabulary, then gave me the website address of Landmark Education, and told me that is what he was attending, and to go take a look at it...

That afternoon, I looked up the site,,, didn't find anything really odd about it. Then decided to put the word Landmark Forum into the search bar, and that is where all these negative sites cropped up. After reading and reading, I noticed some of the words he used in the conversation and became very worried about who this person that was with him really is.

I spoke to him on the Monday, and asked how he got there, and said, was introduced to it and only went out of curiousity,,,, I asked by whom and he said his girlfreind, but that he didn't pay for the course, she did,,, and that she had done these courses that were offered to her by the company she works for IBM. I found her profile and her words come straight out of " ilovepossibility " which is linked to LANDMARK.

Marital Status
Married ?????????????

Occupation
Creating Possibilities

Who I am is the possibility of Well-Being, Blooming and Contribution.

Hobbies and Interests
Landmark Education Courses
Yoga, Meditation, Healing, Esoterisme. *** I still hope that my man starts taking courses at Landmark Education, but I'll love him regardless of what he chooses to do

I created for myself and for my life the possibility to be in a loving relationship officially based on unconditional love, support and demonstrations of affection and I got it!!!! I am the happiest woman in the world,,,,

last updated: 6/7/2004

It kind of tells me, she lives & breathes Landmark, and is really using the program to live her life. I assume he is on the same track now???

I guess I shouldn't worry, because he is an adult, it was his choice and he is now an ex boyfriend, and this could be one fabulous lesson to him about life, but it could also be very costly and damaging to him,,,,but I am worried, cause he is somewhat naive and very vulnerable, he could be in deeper that he really thinks without knowing it,, especially after reading all I have read about LE,,,, I received an apoligetic email from him today, since we never did get to meet and has told me that he is more than serious in his new relationship,, that Landmark has nothing to do with it, (although lots of jargon was in the email).

He is financially dependant on his parents at the moment, (parents being financially comfortable), His parents have no supervision on how he is spending the money that is being deposited in his account,, He is attending his last year for his Masters in Finance, and also has plans to immigrate (which means he will need a signature from someone that will take full responsability of his debts for the next 10 years with a $30,000.00 plus yearly salary),,, I see trouble there!!!!

Gut feeling tells me to at least inform his parents about this,, and send them all the links I have read about LE,,,, at least if anything happens,,, they will have at least been warned about the possibility... I know I will be looked upon as a liar, lunatic or jealous ex girlfriend,,,, but I guess, because I am the only one here that can inform them of this and the only one here that he really knows,,, it is my responsability to do so,,

This feels like a total nightmare!!!!! Could of it been a recruitment??

Thank you for letting me vent,,,,,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 29, 2004 09:40PM

Hi!

So sorry to hear about your boyfriend. You're right to be concerned.

His new girlfriend could definitely have been recruiting for Landmark. I've heard stories about people going on dates with others who try to get them to join.

Perhaps you should get in touch with his parents. They might be concerned, as well. However, I wouldn't recommend sending a frightening email about him being involved in a "cult." Perhaps you could just send them a little note mentioning that you're a bit concerned because he's been acting a bit off lately, and wondering whether they've noticed, as well. Just feel them out. Otherwise, as well-founded as your concern is (and I agree that it's well-founded), you might sound like the jealous ex to them.

Also, you may want to check out the section here about coping:

[culteducation.com]

Warning signs:

[culteducation.com]

An excerpt frm Steve Hassan's book about his BITE model, which describes coercive groups:

[freedomofmind.com]

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 29, 2004 10:26PM

The behavior you wrote about could describe EXACTLY that of my doctor. There was no telling him anything because he "found it" and the rest of the world was wrong. He had been trying to recruit his Mom who was savvy enough to just say no.

You can tell his parents anything you want, but don't knock yourself out trying to save this guy.

The Ilovepossibilities is a web site that Landmarkians set up to tell about all the wonderful things they are doing since Landmark. It definitely is a recruiting tool.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: September 29, 2004 10:26PM

Hi Montreal,

Welcome to the board and I am sorry to hear of your experience.

Your hunches about LE are spot on the mark. I lost my girlfriend to this a year ago. She is now out of it - I dragged her out kicking and screaming which has damaged any possibility of us getting back together.

My advice is that you need to understand that it is a rough road if you decide to do something about him. Read up on what you can and read the RR site about HELP. Educate yourself well and good before you approach him if that is what you decide to do. If you decide to contact family, (he may be trying to rope them in as his "conversation" with you was a typical "enrollment conversation"), still, read up first. Remain calm.

If you get him out you may never actually get him back. The LE "tech" can stick unless treated through CBT. His problem is he has been lovebombed by this 30 year old. They encourage this so one is less inclinded to leave.
Good luck,
Oz

Date: October 10, 2004 04:29AM

As my profile says, I'm currently in a commited relationship.

I used to be on MSN, hoping to find my soul mate. I did this incredible course at Landmark Education and right after the course, as a result of my transformation, met ........... We're getting married next summer and planning to start a family. I encourage you to check these courses for yourself .. they are great, and as Landmark Education says "anything you want for your life is available through your participation in the Landmark Forum"... www.landmarkeducation.com (514)874-9811
I assume since our paths crossed, it must be for a reason. Hopefully this is a contribution to you.
I wish you all the best. Kindly, .............

This is a reply, I got being AKA....... :((((( obviously, the first thing that she praises & pushes towards anyone that crosses her path is Landmark,,, this was sent to me after just requesting a chat,,,

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: October 10, 2004 12:40PM

The Landmarkian only believes in the existance of two entities:
1. The Self and the unique experience of the self - phenominology
2. Landmark Education - the source.

All other "beings" in the Landmarkian's experiential existance are there through the creation of the Landmarkian. The Landmarkian creates the possibility of that person "being" in their life for the purpose of "being" engaged with and enrolled in the source - Landmark Education. This is the "meaning" in the life of the Landmarkian, given by Landmark, that all people are to be transformed by Landmark Education enabling world peace by 2020.

This is why any passing opportunity must be ceased by the Landmarkian, be it in a chat room or on a bus, to enter into enrollment conversation with another "being" to be the possibility of enrollment for that person.

Oz

Date: October 11, 2004 10:38AM

Concerned Oz
The Landmarkian only believes in the existance of two entities:
1. The Self and the unique experience of the self - phenominology
2. Landmark Education - the source.

All other "beings" in the Landmarkian's experiential existance are there through the creation of the Landmarkian. The Landmarkian creates the possibility of that person "being" in their life for the purpose of "being" engaged with and enrolled in the source - Landmark Education. This is the "meaning" in the life of the Landmarkian, given by Landmark, that all people are to be transformed by Landmark Education enabling world peace by 2020.

This is why any passing opportunity must be ceased by the Landmarkian, be it in a chat room or on a bus, to enter into enrollment conversation with another "being" to be the possibility of enrollment for that person.

Oz

all people are to be transformed by Landmark Education enabling world peace by 2020.

[b:58a304113b]- Where did you get this? [/b:58a304113b]

The Landmarkian creates the possibility of that person "being" in their life for the purpose of "being" engaged with and enrolled in the source - Landmark Education.

[b:58a304113b]- Landmarkians first and sole priority is to enroll people into Landmark Education?[/b:58a304113b]

[b:58a304113b]- Nothing is coincidental or natural, it's intentional? Created by them to happen?[/b:58a304113b]

[b:58a304113b]- The "Creating a Possibility" concept in a relationship, can only work out if they were able to engage their partner in Landmark?[/b:58a304113b]

[b:58a304113b]- What about all their other "Creating a Possibility" concepts? How can anything work in a non-Landmarkian society?[/b:58a304113b]

Posted by: diggingdeeper ()
Date: October 11, 2004 12:18PM

Montreal,

The idea of creating possibilities is obviously infinite.

To be able to have access to infinity gives one a feeling that they have some control over the endless possibilities that surround us every day.

Unfortunately, once one is seduced into this philosophical way of thinking it becomes impossible to look at the system of learning that one has been taught with because one is now "responsible" for "creating their own reality".

This concept has been around for well over 1/2 century. Based on some initial theories in Quantum Mechanics. The theories though have long been discarded by the vast majority in the field due to the problems the posed i.e.. How much consciousness does it take to create reality? Can someone create a partial reality? How conscious must one be to create reality? How does one measure consciousness? Are animals conscious? etc...

The film just out, "what the bleep do we know" is again, bringing forth this concept except the have made it seem like it is a cutting edge science Many groups with similar philosophies have jumped on the bandwagon in so far as using the film to demonstrate that their ideas are "finally " becoming mainstream.

All is not lost though, this film is actually a precedent setting event in modern media propaganda in the way it has attempted to blatantly deceive the public. Hopefully there will develop a public conversation about the concepts of the film. It has already been occurring. As usual though, the filmmakers shut down the original forum on the film where the conversation was getting too hot for them.

The filmmakers are all members of Ramtha's school of enlightenment.

I will post some facts her so that they are available to others who may be considering the film as an accurate portrayal of facts as opposed to a collection of myths mixed with some science.

I have also posted a reply to the filmmakers 7 page open letter to the media should anyone care to view it.

[66.201.42.16]

Here are some undisputed facts that I have posted around on other sites with regard to the film.

I have spent over 10 years researching the Ramtha group as well as many others Landmark included. Should anyone care to either contribute or have any questions please feel free to contact me. If I don't get back to you right away, that means I am out digging!

1. In addition to the films three directors, there were actors and others involved in the production who are long time "students" of Ramthas' School of enlightenment.

2. A disproportionate amount of time was given in voice and film to Ramtha, Dr. Joe dispenza, and Miceal Ledwith.

3. Dr Joe Dispenza and Miceal Ledwith are both long time students and "appointed teachers at Ramthas' school of enlightenment (RSE)

4. Dr Joe Dispenza (the one who creates his day) has gone to court and testified that his teacher (ramtha) has told him that terrible times are coming and that he needs to protect his family. He also invested over $10,000.00 in an infamous scam that infected RSE and was touted by Ramtha as a vehicle to gain fabulous wealth and many of the schools membership lost substantial sums of money. Some lost their entire life savings.
This is the person who teaches the brain science in RSE.

5.Miceal Ledwith a clergyman with a rather dubious past (see [unison.ie]) is the one chosen by the film makers to be the theological spokesman. He is also the theologian in residence of RSE.
He also has been marketing several products within the school and its followers. Guess that could not have been done to easily in the Catholic church.

6. The following persons in the film have all spoken at RSE and sold books there.

Fred Allen Wolf
Dr Candice Pert
Amit Gotswami
John Haglin
Joe Dispenza
Miceal Ledwith
and of course the big guy himself, Ramtha

7. One of the scientists who was in the film and had never appeared at the school is Dr David Albert Professor and Director of Philosophical Physics at Columbia university.
He has stated in several venues that his views were totally misrepresented in the film. He claims that in over 5 hours of interviews he explained to the film makers why their concept of how Quantum Physics works has virtually no support in the scientific community.
He even called in to a radio program the director was on to discuss this and was cut off. The host of the show said this was done because it was "negative"
so much for no good or bad, that is unless it is convienent.

8. To date, there has been no response as to where the information which lead to the story about the indians not being able to see the ships of Columbus originated from. There appears to be no evidence to support this claim. In addition, the film mentioned "clipper ships" which were not even in existence at that time. Perhaps that is why they couldn't see them.

There were many more, but I will leave them for others. If anyone has any information to refute any of the facts laid out here, I will be more then willing to retract them.

They are relevant because of the deliberateness on the part of the film makers to keep certain facts unknown (ironically, it is I making the unknown know) and misrepresent others.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 11, 2004 11:58PM

Landmarkians first and sole priority is to enroll people into Landmark Education?

Yes.

Nothing is coincidental or natural, it's intentional? Created by them to happen?

They believe so, yes. This serves the dual purpose of making Landmarkians feel simultaneously all-powerful and guilty. Keeping Landmark attendees always questioning themselves and feeling responsible/guilty for everything keeps them off balance.

The "Creating a Possibility" concept in a relationship, can only work out if they were able to engage their partner in Landmark?

Yes...I believe if the partner doesn't accept/become involved in Landmark, they encourage you to separate from that person.

What about all their other "Creating a Possibility" concepts? How can anything work in a non-Landmarkian society?

It doesn't work, really. "Creating possibilities" (as they define it) only "works" in their own minds and in the confines of Landmark seminars. This further alienates Landmarkians from the rest of society, where people don't play by Landmark's rules.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.