Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
What would it take to get exploitive seminars on Gov radar?
Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: July 23, 2004 11:11PM

I have seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit show on "human potential seminars" It was very funny, but they focused on the gimmicks of firewalking, walking on broken glass, and bending rebar with your neck. I don't think they did a very good job of debunking the human potential seminar racket.

I went out to the website for "What the Bleep do we know". It looks pretty pro cult to me. They feature Ramtha and at least one scientist is from the Mararishi institute.

Also, I read through the site and spotted several of the cliches I was indoctrinated with at the LGAT I attended.
"the conscious creative force in your life"
"The interconnectedness of all things"
"reality is changed by every thought"
"to think is to create"

Anyway it looks very pro cult to me. And saddly it appears that the public is just eating it up.

It would be good to do a documentary on all the culty seminars that exposes how unethical the business practices are and just how they exploit the students. I'd love to see Micheal Moore do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
What would it take to get exploitive seminars on Gov radar?
Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: July 23, 2004 11:13PM

I have seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit show on "human potential seminars" It was very funny, but they focused on the gimmicks of firewalking, walking on broken glass, and bending rebar with your neck. I don't think they did a very good job of debunking the human potential seminar racket.

I went out to the website for "What the Bleep do we know". It looks pretty pro cult to me. They feature Ramtha and at least one scientist is from the Mararishi institute.

Also, I read through the site and spotted several of the cliches I was indoctrinated with at the LGAT I attended.
"the conscious creative force in your life"
"The interconnectedness of all things"
"reality is changed by every thought"
"to think is to create"

Anyway it looks very pro cult to me. And saddly it appears that the public is just eating it up.

It would be good to do a documentary on all the culty seminars that exposes how unethical the business practices are and just how they exploit the students. I'd love to see Micheal Moore do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.