Landmark forum
Posted by: JBC ()
Date: July 12, 2004 11:19AM

Landmark has stolen my family...again!
My mother via my stepfather was swept into EST and all of its trappings. back in the early eighties. There were so convincing to me at 10 and 11 years old that I even tried EST for young people. I still to this day get scared recalling those two weekends in that hotel being abused by the trainer. The amount of mental abuse going on in that room is unspeakable, and the fact that it happens to children only heightens my hatred towards this group. If a classroom teacher did anything resembling these practices they would be locked up without a trial.
My mother eventually disassociated herself from EST and in that time the fraud that Werner Erhard is was exposed to the world.

However a year and a half ago my mother, again via my stepfather "reviewed the forum" and it is like they are both making up for lost time. I have seen my relationship with both of them deteriorate into ashes because I reject the teachings of Landmark. I have refused r to have anything to do with these sad pathetic people in anyway nor would I dream of giving them a red cent of my money.

Landmark picks up where Werner left off when he fled the country due to Tax evasion and child molestation charges stemming form his two daughters. They are a moneymaking scam that divides families and ruins lives.
If there is anyone out there that has dealt with the true believers as I am currently dealing with please come forward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark forum
Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: July 17, 2004 06:50AM

I'm sorry that you are going through all this again. You will find a lot of posts about landmark in these forums. I hope you find some support. I have my own issues with these LGAT style seminars. Why are they no laws around how these creeps can treat people? I've heard many tales of the landmark facilatators being very harsh and abusive to students. I wonder what would it take to get some sort of law passed so that people who get sucked into these things can have some sort of recourse?

Landmark forum
Posted by: meowz ()
Date: March 25, 2005 06:48AM

In reading this forum board and the Rick Ross articles I find it really, really sad that close family relationships have been or are being destroyed by Landmark. The Landmark Forum focuses on bringing personal relationships closer. So, any Landmarkian doing things to the contrary did not "get it" (Landmark jargon).

I did the Landmark Forum in January 2005. I attended the free Forum in Action series on Monday nights, and this past weekend I did the Landmark Advanced course. I did not complete the Advanced Course. I walked out the morning of my 4th day.

My boyfriend and his friends did some research on Landmark (something I should have done) and sent me links to the Rick Ross site. I spoke with my boyfriend for one hour prior to going to my Advanced Course. He and his friends were concerned about me based on all what they read on the RR site. After our conversation I went to my Advanced Course but, after two hours, my mind wasn't focusing. I decided to leave because how my boyfriend was feeling about what I was doing and his concern for me was more important than finishing the Advanced Course.

I'm happy I left and I will not be going back for anything Landmark-related. Above anything else my loved ones come first. I am grateful to my boyfriend and his friends for opening my eyes to the other side of Landmark Education. I can see now how Landmark could have the potential of creating unhealthy relationships. I now have read about Landmark extensively on the RR site and frankly, most of the stuff scared the s__t out of me.

While I did get a lot of positives for myself out of the Forum and even some parts of the Advanced Course, I would not and will not recommend or tell anyone else about Landmark. If it ever were to come up in conversation I would tell someone to read the Rick Ross site. Had I done that to begin with I would have stayed clear of Landmark.

I think the best thing all of us can do so that people don't get sucked into Landmark is be proponents of Rick Ross and his website. Knowing what I now know, it's better to scare people into reality rather than possibility.

Landmark forum
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: March 26, 2005 01:06PM

can u explain the abuse u had in the childrens est. i havent heard of anyone that
has been there talk about it. i believe this would be very useful to us

Landmark forum
Posted by: meowz ()
Date: March 27, 2005 06:11AM

I was never involved in children's est so I cannot comment on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.