Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Has this web site helped you to decide not to take the Landmark Forum?
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: June 05, 2008 03:51PM

This board and the web site plus associated links has helped me and a number of my friends and contacts affected by these mind scamming monsters. I started my research into Landmark too late as it turns out but thank god I did. I was in a relationship with a Landmark junkie and I was on the cusp of going in 2 different directions. Part of me was screaming at me that this was one almighty piece of bullshit, the other was willing to give into her Landmarkian programmed double think bollocks. As soon as I discovered this site it was a big relief that in fact, my instincts were right. The more I read, the relief turned into horror about the motivations and methods of these arrogant, self obsessed scumbags.

After arming myself with the facts, I tried the softly softly approach to try and rescue her which didn't work. I recal very well the day I cracked, we were having a conversation about the old favorite - Integrity and "Being your word". It went on for about an hour with her droning on with the usual pre programmed "Landspeak". Eventually I was able to back her into a corner which she could not get out of at which point she started to leave the house. I totally lost it and told her she was part of a cult and to wake up. It didn't work of course and the innevitable break up happened soon after.

The point being Landmark Education, like all control obsessed groups, hate these sites because they tell the truth and are a major thorn in their side for their world domination plans. Let's hope the influence of this and other sites continues to grow and kill off this disease. If they don't, to be honest I am more scared of them than any other threat to world peace and individual rights and freedom. Imagine a world where governments are run by Landmark programmed individuals? Scary huh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has this web site helped you to decide not to take the Landmark Fo
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 05, 2008 10:11PM

Blue Pill

The point being Landmark Education, like all control obsessed groups, hate these sites because they tell the truth and are a major thorn in their side for their world domination plans. Let's hope the influence of this and other sites continues to grow and kill off this disease. If they don't, to be honest I am more scared of them than any other threat to world peace and individual rights and freedom. Imagine a world where governments are run by Landmark programmed individuals? Scary huh?

Scary indeed, Blue Pill.

Actually, it stands to reason that anyone in a power position with an interest in keeping his or her "worker bees" in line, hard-working, self-sacrificing, non-questioning, and satisfied with low pay would be thrilled to have some indoctrination program like Landmark to do the job that a religion or cultural system might have done in the past. It's nothing new that the many tyrants, kings, czars, despots, and totalitarian leaders have searched and researched for ways to keep the masses under control. From an historical perspective Landmark and all the other copy-cats are merely stepping into a position to capitalize on the need to maintain the wealth pyramids that seem to form as a part of human nature. Cults are about nothing so much as slave-labor, after all, and when you can't use whips and chains, mental enslavement seems even better at doing the job. Far better in fact because whips and chains invariably produce resistance and revolt while the softer coercions allow those at the top of the pyramid to rest comfortably in their beds. Imagine those who believe their rewards will be in heaven, that an all-seeing god is testing their faith, that their lot in life is pre-determined, that virtue is its own reward, that it is harder for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle...., that to go along is to get along, that god will punish the wicked at some date in the future, that there is such a thing as karma, and other such nostrums. They are likely to be self-monitoring and self-policing. Makes life so much easier for the ones at the top.

Ellen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 10:20PM by elena.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.