CHANNELING ANCIENT SPIRTS, LINGUISTICS
Posted by: stevemc2 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 09:33AM

These so-called 'channelers' should be required by someone (their followers who are paying big bucks mostly!!) to speak and write in their 'original' language.

I'm thinking in particular of JZ Ramtha Knight.

I'd like to see her speak for an hour, maybe 2 hours, in the original 'Lemurian' language, instead of a hokey English accent.

And write a 10 page essay on anything, or 2 five page essays, etc...

Then let's have a panel of reputable linguists analyze this language, so see if it is indeed a language.

I hypothesize that Ramtha would offer an excuse that after 30,000 years, he 'forgot' his native tongue!!

stevemc2

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CHANNELING ANCIENT SPIRTS, LINGUISTICS
Posted by: Nuri ()
Date: June 14, 2008 04:45AM

What a mess of channelers there are indeed.Some may be genuine in the sense that they actually believe in what they channel.In which case the hypothetical psychological processes behind such channelings are certainly very interesting in the sense that they may involve non faked trance states etc.

Others Im just as sure are knowing fakes and quite happy to spin very tall stories indeed to keep the faithful both happy and paying.

Others argueably are mentally disturbed individuals who have found a calling in the world as a spiritual leader or the mouthpiece for some presumed entity that is an enlightened being etc.

What bothers me most I think at the moment are therapists that offer whatever psychological help they have to give with nice side lines in crystal healing,reiki and channeling.I myself would repose little faith in someone whose grasp of psychology was so slight that they took channeling seriously.

Surprisingly here in the UK I have come across quite a few people that seem to cover all bases this way and actually belong to organisations that recognise the therapist as having undertaken legitimate training etc.In fact they may have but I would be extremely unwilling to fall into the clutches of such therapists no matter how sincere.

With my tongue in my cheek and in a less serious mood Ramantha might be experiencing Alzeimers after all that time?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.