Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
France: Anti-Landmark talk show episode?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: November 05, 2004 10:25AM

Here's a site where you can download videos about cults; some are about Scientology. I watched one, but my 7 years of French classes didn't help me understand a single word! Maybe Montreal can watch & give us the gist if time allows?

[www.videosectes.fr.st]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 05, 2004 11:23AM

Behind all these stories is psychological/spritual disorder which manifests and perpetuates in relationship/family breakdown.

What I find interesting is how the linguistic side of the Landmark course content, (the re-defining of words and use of grammar), can be translated into other languages, such as French and German and be just as effective.

It appears that the Landmark process cuts through the nationalistic culture and its language.

[b:bf63984f4e]Back to the questions:[/b:bf63984f4e]
Who knows about the Landmark alleged associated French suicide and murder?

Do we have any native French speaking people on this board who can assist?

For further info on other alleged Landmark related murders, please refer to this thread:
[board.culteducation.com]

Oz

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: November 05, 2004 06:43PM

I'm not a native French speaker, but I'm reasonably fluent... in any case, I can translate a helluva a lot better than Babelfish! (I find those BF translations [i:df527f2569]so[/i:df527f2569] painful to read! I can only figure out what they mean by translating their translation back to the literal French words and then translating forwards again to make it make sense.)

Unfortunately I don't have sound on this computer... but if you can think of a solution to that small problem ( :) ) I'm happy to help!

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 06, 2004 12:54PM

Savernake, all computers (AFAIK) have jacks into which you can plug headphones even if they do not have external speakers.

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: November 07, 2004 01:39AM

glam
Here's a site where you can download videos about cults; some are about Scientology. I watched one, but my 7 years of French classes didn't help me understand a single word! Maybe Montreal can watch & give us the gist if time allows?

[www.videosectes.fr.st]

Hello Glam,

Re the Video: Is Scientology racist

The television host asks: Why in the questionnaire, under the topic, "confessions" is it asked, "Have you made love with someone in a bad race" and/or of "opposite sex".

She replied: It's a question that dates back to 30 years ago, when in South Africa they had ethical problems, it was against the moral code and unethical to be with someone of another race and another sex. If it's not adapted to your country, then it doesn't apply to you. The goal is to confess to your sins, which makes you feel better afterwards.

He replies: You are not answering my question. We are in France, we have an anti-discrimination law, and these questions don't conform to our laws and our country. What is a bad race to you? Don't these questions shock you?

She replied: It's an international questionnaire, it's in context.

He says: International or not, this is not conforming to our laws, and I don't understand why these questions are being asked here in France.

She replied: Scientology is international, I am not shocked with this question, for it doesn't apply to me, so if it doesn't apply to the person, it's not important.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.