Etc.
Posted by: ralpher ()
Date: February 23, 2008 07:38AM

Vlinden asks why I went to the BK thing if I didn't do everything she asked. Did I do nothing, then, hanging out, she then says like playing hooky (I wish I knew how to easily reply by cutting and pasting your words, but I can't seem to make it work...)...

This is exactly what I was talking about in my first post, the one that RR moderator liked so much, on boundaries. In my 'armchair' psychoanalysis, I pointed out that the problem that appears so often in peoples' responses here is that they portray all choices as all or nothing. When you read a book, do you have to believe it all? Can't you be critical when you read, sifting and thinking it through? Can't you read and have your mind opened and changed, or attend a seminar and learn, without losing yourself in the process? And if you do, can't you take responsibility for it, and not imagine a hostile, evil group of people who must have conspired to create hell for you?

And JJ52, your responses are textbook exaggerations of my points. You claim that I'm saying I'm better than you because of what I did, which is not what I said. I merely showed the alternative state of mind that makes the world safe, because you are in charge of what you do. Don't pretend that you didn't exaggerate the school in order to fit into the tone of this board, because you did. I set the record straight. And in the process I made a few obnoxious and unnecessary comments about UFos, which were fun but unnecessary...

I used to live in a foreign country where everyone accused the CIA of every transgression, every plane crash, every awful thing that happened was caused by the CIA. How powerful they imagined the CIA! A bumbling organization that seems to get about 10% of its mission right. The CIA can't control minds, but byron katie can? Give me a break.

The world is divided apparently into people who take responsibility for what happens in their minds and those who will spend their lives trying to make those pay who did it to them. Perhaps it's a stylistic choice in the end. But one of them is surely likely to provide a continuing sense of victimhood, and I guess you can decide for yourself if that's conducive to your happiness.

Vlinden, there's no point in answering your question about 'this life of seeking' because you have created a myth in your mind already about it and are doing battle with it instead of the reality. What you heard accounts for a total of 12 days of seminars in 20 years. Hardly a 'lifetime of seeking' or whatever you called it. When I hear people talking about having a 'spiritual path' I want to puke.

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder because of your loss that you attribute to Landmark. Hating people because of your pain--is that the solution? I'm sure it feels gratifying, but is it the solution?

Byron Katie is destined for a much larger share of the new age market than she has now. You might as well create your own anti-BK website. I for one am not looking forward to running into people at the supermarket and being asked to question my thoughts by them. So many people take things to excess. And, that's not different from anything else that people are involved in, they do it their way and they think they know stuff because of it and can solve everyone's problem. But that's what human beings do.

R

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Etc.
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:30PM

No, Ralpher, I don't hate you. I hate the way you think. But you're not your thoughts, right? Or . . . is that true?

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:31PM

Ralph, why does a person "responsibility" to ones family, spouse or loved one, end after their so-called "enlightment" with LGAT's? Where was my wifes responsibility to me and my family. Where did that woman go? The one who said she would love, honor and cherish? The "commitment" to the "group" was more important. What about that person? I can tell you that since my wive return from the PSI Ranch she has turned into a arrogant self centered bitch. Deep in dept and now married to a loser she met at PSI. Like minded people think alike?

Posted by: ralpher ()
Date: February 25, 2008 10:38AM

50 percent of all marriages end in divorce. Possibly more.
How many of those are LGAT involved in? 1 tenth of one percent? And the 'cause' of the rest is what?

People leave their mates in droves. It's the way of things. Doesn't make it right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.