Old News Is New Again, Or Not
Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 29, 2004 07:58AM

He's baaaaaaaaack. And just as presumptuous as before. Can you believe it? $79.00? (Or $39 for a book?) This guy has b*lls. Considering what true and unredeemable junk he wrote. Yes, hard to figure but this has been reprinted. Available on Amazon where you can also "vote" for you-know-who's review.

(Someone on "R & R" found this.)

Ellen

[www.carlfrederick.com]

(The following edited and posted for discussion purposes.)

An Open Letter from Carl Frederick

Author of the book Werner Erhard tried to ban

The hard-hitting human potential seminars of the 70’s exploded onto the scene with their fantastic promises of “transformation” and “enlightenment”. The most famous and successful of them all was Werner Erhard’s “est training" - a two weekend, in-your-face seminar that has since become a legend.

The myths, stories, rumors and controversies surrounding Erhard and his training are too numerous to count (enter “Werner Erhard” and “est” into Google and see for yourself). But regardless of the controversy, one thing is rarely in dispute - the training was powerful. Very powerful. And it changed the lives of more than half-a-million people worldwide.

But est, along with the other trainings of this type are long gone now, either out of business or being delivered in ways that bear little resemblance to the hard-hitting approach of those in the 1970s. It seems the political correctness of our times has even "taken a bite" out of enlightenment.

The Book Werner Erhard Didn’t Want You to See

But back in ’74, when these trainings were still full of hard-hitting theatrics and plenty of profanity, est was all the rage and everyone was interested in knowing exactly what this “est training” was because Erhard’s standard answer was “it is what it is: an experience, which can’t be put into words.”

So, after taking the training and subsequently being invited to become an est trainer myself, the opportunist in me thought, “This can be put into words". And since I had never seen anything in writing from est, and had never signed an agreement about what I would or wouldn’t do as a result of taking the training, I began to write down my experiences.

Six months later, the result was a 200 plus page manuscript, which I quickly sent to Erhard as well as a dozen or so large publishers.

The result?

Well, none of the publishers responded, but Werner sure did. Yessiree! He had the gall to sue me in Federal Court claiming (among other things) that I had infringed his copyrighted material - but he didn’t attach any material to his complaint!

To make a long story short, Erhard sent seven lawyers into the courtroom. I had one. But it turns out it was all for naught as the judge simply looked up over his spectacles and threw the whole case right out of court.

But there was more good news to come.

My book, est: Playing the Game the New Way, soon found a publisher, made its way onto the New York Times bestseller list and sold nearly a million copies. Not long ago, thirty years after its initial publication, some used copies of the book were selling for over $100 a piece! Not bad for a book that almost never saw the light of day, huh?

What Most "Gurus" Won't Tell You About Success and Happiness

But that was over 30 years ago and in that time many things have changed. Not only has this type of "in-your-face" training vanished, but it seems people’s interest in an unflinching pursuit of the truth and accepting responsibility for their own lives has as well.

Instead, people are out looking for quick fixes - “three easy steps” or “sure-fire, risk-free strategies” to happiness and success. Sorry. Ain’t no such thing. Not then. Not now. Not ever. And the people searching for these “fantasy solutions” are going to be searching for a long damned time.

Why? Because success and happiness aren’t functions of “steps” or “strategies” - they’re functions of the truth. And despite all their faults, the human potential seminars of the past had a way of getting down to the truth and empowering participants like nothing they had ever seen.

Now, you can experience a “taste” of this type of training yourself as my long-out-of-print book is being released in a brand-new, unabridged audio CD program called Winning the Game of Life. This audio version promises to deliver the book's original message with more power and impact than ever before.

You see, unlike the rest of the books that were written about the training, mine was written as if the words were coming straight from the trainer's mouth and directed solely at you. In other words, it was designed to give you a sense of what it was actually like to be in the training room. Now, with the release of this newly recorded audio version, this effect is even stronger. In fact, I’ve been told that listening to these CDs is like a “mini-training” in its own right.

You’ll learn...

- why your own mind is one of the greatest obstacles to your success and how to turn it to your advantage

- how facing the truth can transform your life

- how to stop living life as a “victim” and gain greater control over your own life

- the difference between making a “decision” and making and “choice” and how this one distinction can empower you like almost nothing else

- how being “unreasonable” can help get you more out of life AND make other’s happier at the same time

- a visualization technique to create your own personal “command center” in your mind

- a simple three step model of the universe that explains why almost everyone is living life “backwards” and how to turn yourself around and succeed with less effort than ever before

-and much, much more.

The material on these CDs was professionally produced, narrated and adapted for audio using the full text of the original manuscript and is over 5 hours long. And in case you’re wondering - it still contains the hard-hitting style and “colorful” language these trainings became famous for. So please be advised that...

While this program is designed to help you experience greater happiness, satisfaction and success in your life, at times its message can be difficult to take. I held nothing back in my book and nothing is held back in this audio program. It can be blunt, frank and disturbing. But it can also put you back in the “driver’s seat” of life like few people can even imagine. Care to go for a spin?

Whether you took one of these trainings in the past and are looking for a way to recapture that magical experience or you’ve merely heard of them and want to see what all the fuss was about, here's your chance to get one of the original first-hand accounts in a brand new format. And unlike a one-time event, you can listen to these CD’s as often as you like to keep the message fresh in your mind and the power of these ideas right at your fingertips.

Order Information

Order Winning the Game of Life today for just $79 and we'll include Priority Shipping within the U.S. absolutely free! (Orders sent outside the U.S. add $10 for Global Priority Shipping.) Listen to it for 90 days. If you don't think it is for you, return it for a 100% refund. Nothing could be fairer than that.

Wishing you all the best,

Carl Frederick

Kailua, Hawaii

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.