Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Example of red flag
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 22, 2008 04:59AM

So-called Life Coaches are the worst. There are some organizations that "certify" them, by as far as I can see, they are not legit, they are run by LGAT guys like Jack Canfield. Its bogus.
I supposed Landmark would qualify as a Life Coach too.

My view is a Life Coach is simply a way to make money.
Some of these people charge a fortune, and rob people blind with "contracts" and every scam in the book.

That being said, I think natural life coaches have always existed. Its called a Mentor, or Grandpa, or whatever. Someone senior in your profession or life, who is legit, and who might give you a few tips from time to time. They used to be called Elders. But Elders don't sign you up with trick contracts and charge you $222 an hour, generally speaking.

So my view is they exploit the natural human need for some good advice.
Now they are organized and trained about how to keep you coming back, sign you up to tricky contracts, etc.

That being said, some registered legit psychologists are probably able to help in this area. But if they are ethical, trained, and legit, they are not going to mess you up more than they help you.

Yes, $444 has a mystical significance.
Its a lot of money, so that makes it mystical.
What they are selling is worth $000.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:44PM

This woman is some new age Oracle of Delphi?

I wish I could remember exactly what I read about those oracles...

But what I do remember is, the temple was built over some natural source of gas. This is what I can't recall exactly. Was it methane maybe?

Anyway, these young women would be stuck in this room, with this gas seeping all over the place, and they would begin to hallucinate, thus uttering their "prophecies".

Their life spans were quite short.

This, of course, was a very very very long time ago. This woman now must be a "reincarnation" or some such thing.

If anyone goes to this (as if!) you should ask her if she "receives" her "prophecies" in the same manner as those unfortunate young women of old. Somehow I doubt it.

But find out first exactly which gas they were inhaling!

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:24AM

Great find! Yes, it appears the young girls were being poison gassed into having hallucinations, euphoria and other narcotic effects while being confined to a prison and forced to come up with "prophecies" which were vague statements which could be taken any way you choose to interpret them.

So Elizabeth Selden remembers that happening to her in a former life?
Also in primitive times, people would cut up the entrails of an animal, and "read the future" there too.
Did she do that too?

The Past-life people are always a Queen, Goddess, or Marilyn Monroe, etc, in a former life.
Why are they never criminals and scam-artists and liars in their former lives?
Oh, that's right, that's reserved for this life.

[www.google.com]

Delphic Oracle's Lips May Have Been Loosened by Gas Vapors
In the August issue of GEOLOGY, J.Z. de Boer reports on a four-year interdisciplinary study that has successfully identified young faults at the Oracle site and has also pinpointed the emissions responsible for the Pythia's trance state—light hydrocarbon gases from bituminous limestone. De Boer and colleagues found ethane, methane, and ethylene in spring water near the Oracle. The euphoric effects of ethylene, which had been used as anesthesia in the last century, jibe very well with Plutarch's description of the gas the Pythia inhaled. Henry Spiller, a medical doctor who recently joined the research group, provided details on the narcotic effects of ethylene that completed the team's theory.

Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 01, 2008 08:00AM

My boyfriends' bullshit "life coach" just got him signed up with Landmark.

I could kill that woman.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 01, 2008 11:36AM

Hmmm .... I wonder what qualifications that "Life Coach" might just happen to have.

(evil grin)

John

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: February 02, 2008 02:04AM

vlinden
My boyfriends' bullshit "life coach" just got him signed up with Landmark.

I could kill that woman.
John Fox
Hmmm .... I wonder what qualifications that "Life Coach" might just happen to have.

(evil grin)

John

I am sorry to hear that vlinden. And your response John, initially made me chuckle, but I stopped and thought about how it's a reality that most Life Coaches have an agenda of some kind of another. It's real evil, and what I took for a joke became a serious and sardonic comment.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 03, 2008 05:51PM

Yeah, it's kinda sad.

"Life Coaches .... custom made for gullible suckers in need of direction."

And these life coach types are people who have self-decided that they have "made it".

John

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: May 26, 2011 11:29AM

skeptic
Anticult, good one, googling her; I didn't think to do that. This additional info is on the flier:

Elizabeth is a working channel, trained in the lineage of the Oracles of Delphi. She has created several unique oracle readings which she provides world-wide.

For more info on Elizabeth, go to EmpoweringTruth.com or ElementsofMastery.net

The two day workshop costs $444. Payment is mailed to SpiritsRising.net and it is noted on the flier that SpiritsRising is registered with the Better Business Bureau.

worship costs?! WTF?! I repent Lord!!! LOL...........that's nothing more than legalized extortion! lol

ex·tor·tion (k-stôrshn)
n.
1. The act or an instance of extorting.
2. Illegal use of one's official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage.
3. An excessive or exorbitant charge.
4. Something extorted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Manzila ()
Date: June 05, 2013 11:27PM

good one.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.