Excellence in Leadership
Posted by: Manixx ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:26AM

Hello,

I started a new job on Thursday and on my first day was asked to attend a "company meeting." This meeting took place on the top floor of a nice hotel in Chicago and the meeting "leader" was Gabriel Nossovitch. What I experienced was intense. We were required to "check-in," by stating our purpose for being in the meeting and saying "I'm all in" at the end.

The speaker, Nossovitch, was extremely negative to the group, criticizing their intentions and the content of their check-ins. Then everyone else in the group would start piling on the check-in with negativity until the person would start revealing extremely personal details of their lives. One person cried because she didn't want to leave Chicago to start a new office on the east coast. But she was "all in" and "loved" the group so much and would do whatever it took to make this company a success. A few other cried about marital problems and one person had a child with CF.

All of this freaked me out and I ended up leaving the company after the first day of this. People tried to stop me, saying how important "EIL" (Excellence in Leadership, which seems modeled after LifeSpring training) has been to their personal and professionals lives. I told them that it felt like a cult to me, and that I thought a lot of these people could use real therapy.

Apparently the company has had tremendous success since they signed up with EIL and these biannual mini-EIL company meetings. But at what longterm cost to their people? Maybe I'm overreacting, but, as an ex-scientologist, I can see the signs of brain-washing cultish behavior a mile away.

The first clue? We went for 10 hours with only two breaks. Nobody got up to use the bathroom during the meeting. I was myself frightened to get up because the CEO himself had prefaced the by meeting telling us to turn off our phones and never be late, etc. By the end of that first day I was physically and mentally exhausted. I had a horrible headache that wouldn't go away until the next day.

I had no idea who Gabriel Nossovitch was before the meeting. But thanks to wikipedia and this forum in particular, it looks like he was a graduate of LifeSpring, and is also the founder of Mexworks, Chileworks, Worldworks, and a partner of Dialexis, who was charge of our company meeting.

So I left the company after my very first day. Did I overreact? I don't think so. It was mortifying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excellence in Leadership
Posted by: krysty ()
Date: June 01, 2012 06:16PM

You did absolutely right.

Posted by: Amelia ()
Date: June 02, 2012 12:24AM

I support you all the way after reading your experience. I applaud you for being true to yourself. More individuals need to "listen" to their discernment and not follow the crowd for the sake of acceptance, or some so called "pie in the sky" spitiual awakening nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with the idea to "just add water and stir." Give them time.

Seems to me the individuals that have these so "called credentials and work shops" are looking for something their self and unfortunately making a living doing it. One has to wonder if they even believe the crap they dish out and onto others. And, you are correct in not wanting to work for anyone that would give that much control to any individual over countless number of people especially in a work force.

I say this often and it's true. Give these individuals enough time after they come out of the "cloud" they will see for themselves. I find it irritating but I am amazed at the same time that so many individuals allow their self to listen or be led around by anything or anyone. And, all in the name of coaching, leadership, awakening, and countless other names not worthy of being mentioned.

I do not nor will I understand why individuals just DO NOT THINK for themselves. And, make the right choice instead of making the wrong choice based on what someone else is doing/ or wanting. Why can't individuals THINK for their self??? You have to ask yourself does one really enjoy having another bowel of sugar coated crap. Apparently so.

Posted by: Manzila ()
Date: June 05, 2013 11:22PM

yes, you did a great job. you should never do the thing that you are not comfortable with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.