Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Workshops: Treating Victims of coercive persuassion
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 10, 2008 02:07PM

Did I ever tell you about the 6-pack of Mormon polygamy beer?

"Why only have one?"

John

PS. This is a real product. Click here to see.

Edit: Also .....

Reagan Outdoor Advertising maintains the planned billboard — which features a picture of a scantily clad man, cherubs and a six-pack of wives — is in bad taste and exercised a “censorship” clause in its contract with Schirf.

“We’ve exhibited much worse taste than this,” brewery owner Greg Schirf told The Salt Lake Tribune.
Among other things, the billboard would suggest “when enjoying our flavorful beverages please procreate responsibly.”

Wasatch Beer has long satirized the Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) culture with its advertising. Previous Reagan billboards for Wasatch featured the buxom blond namesake for St. Provo Girl Pilsner and catchphrases “Baptize your taste buds,” “Serving the local faithful” and “Oh, my heck.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2008 02:11PM by John Fox.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:51AM

freedom fighter
I have a natural gift for drawing/painting/sculpting...

You start to realise it's a blessing in disguise. So many people worry about the wrong things in life. A facade becomes so important. That's how so many never get out of bad situations-whether it's a bad marriage or whatever...

Anyway, since then I've done a few murals and recently did a portrait for a friend. Slowly but surely my desire to create art is coming back...

I want to be around people more. I figure being an officer would get me in the middle of humanity- in all the reality of it. That's my true love...
FF

Use your natural gifts. Don't let them get away. IMO, art is our link to the divine: it is the only satisfactory way I have discovered to come to grips with abstract ideas.

I don't want to discourage you from becoming an officer because I think someone with your outlook on life would be a great asset to the force. It can also be a good way to pay the bills while you re-develop your art. I do suspect, however, that cops do a fair amount of hunching over their paperwork and computers...

Have you ever considered other social work?

Date: January 11, 2008 06:57AM

John, as a beer drinker I'd love to try their brews. I particularly like the sound of 'Evolution' beer!

Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:45PM

I could go for a beer about now.

I can't hunch anymore. They train you to stand tall with good posture. I have a hunch my drinking and hunching days are over.

I will still do art. I'll always have projects for friends and people. I'm planning to do a mural in my town. A scene that depicts the town when it was first settled. Horses hitched to a railing. Sheriff and a general store owner and his wife talking together.

My way to happiness is mingling with the humane race. You have to understand my background was a very isolated existance. I love to be out and about. I want to see more of the world in general. Different cultures and such. I was so deprived of human contact. By nature I love people. I like my space but I'm not a loner. I like to discover.

Being a cop fits for me. I had a couple ride alongs- one in a bigger city and also two in the county with the deputy sheriffs. It was an experience I'll never forget. The cooperative effort of the officers on duty at night was incredible. They let me be right in the middle of all the situations, observing, listening, and even helping. It hooked me in. I never felt more like I belonged to something than with these police officers. I'm not talking about the surface of the experience. I really saw a lot of very real situations, domestic violence, a drunk wrestling with the cops, rescuing an old lady passed out on the lawn. Real stuff.

I felt a real joy that I've never felt. It seems right to me.

I feel if you follow your true desire you are automatically linked to the divine no matter what you're doing.
And by the way, I'm divorced and living with my elderly mother, disabled sister with chronic pain, and my 11 year old daughter. We all desperately need our independence. I'm working hard for that to happen. Whew. I need a beer.
FF

Date: January 11, 2008 12:56PM

freedom fighter
Being a cop fits for me...I felt a real joy that I've never felt. It seems right to me.

Well, do it! As I've already said, I think you'd make a fine officer.

I'm assuming you're from the US. Here in Oz, perhaps the best cop show ever made has just finished (and I mean EVER). If you ever get a chance to see it, I urge you to. It's called, EAST WEST 101. I'm hanging out for the DVD set, so I can watch it again and share it with a few mates, and a few cold ones!

Date: January 11, 2008 12:56PM

I'm having a damned beer. Yum. Cheers to John and Jack. To hell with the Mormons. It's another Mormon joke. OK

Date: January 11, 2008 01:08PM

I'll check it out. Can I call you mate? It means something else in the US though. I love all the Australian lingo.

Yes I live in the US. Minnesota to be exact. Coldest state here. Freakish weather extremes all the time. Mother nature has a wing ding of a time up here screwing with us. Never dull in the weather department. It's a beautiful state.
Summer, winter, fall, and spring.
FF

Date: January 11, 2008 01:13PM

Don't mean to sound dumb but why do you call it Oz.

Date: January 11, 2008 01:24PM

Oz is probably not proper slang, cos' we got Aussie and Straya. But with our weather at the moment, the whole country is one big 'Yellow Brick Road'.

Yeah, you can call me mate, cobber!

I'm holding off my beer until 'Beer O'Clock', which, for me, is 5pm.

Cheers!

Date: January 11, 2008 02:04PM

It's literally midnight right now. I'm crashing. I had my beer. Mate. What the hell is a cobber. Never heard of that. Good night, or evening over yonder. Cheers!! :-) I shouldn't steal John's signature sideways smile, but I did any way. Sorry John Fox.
FF

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.