Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Workshops: Treating Victims of coercive persuassion
Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: January 08, 2008 11:32AM

I want to go to the zoo. Now that would be good therapy for me. I'll hang out with the monkeys and box with some kangaroos. Hee Hee...

FF

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 09, 2008 06:51AM

G'day FF, now's a really good time to visit Oz. We have a new government that isn't afraid to follow public opinion; a government that isn't frightened to remind the US that their decisions aren't always the most sound and capable. It seems this country is in a state of relative calm, which is the Aussie way. I think the US is in for some interesting times, too.

My apologies for going way off topic...well, I suppose I'm just saying that a trip to Australia has it's benefits alongside going to this Wellspring seminar.

BTW, we don't have monkeys except in our state zoos (Melbourne Zoo, Taronga Zoo (Sydney), etc). Unless you were talking about the last government...lol

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 09, 2008 09:13AM

In the true spirit of going completely off-topic, our new kid on the block Prime Minister has discovered why his predecessor refused to say an official "sorry" to the Aboriginals over the "stolen generation" saga. It wasn't to do with the moral side of things.

The Aboriginals have just announced that a billion dollars would help them accept the national "sorry". Look forward to a national dummy-spit if they don't get their way. Legal options are also being sounded out.

Interesting times indeed.

John

Date: January 09, 2008 11:16AM

John, I appreciate your sentiment. Unfortunately, as the rules state on this forum, we really can't get into the nuts and bolts of Aussie politics. I know I started it and quite obviously revealed my particular political leaning. I apologise, because, generally speaking, politics sucks! But my understanding of saying, 'sorry' should be done without condition or emotional or financial blackmail. It is simply said to acknowledge the hurt and/or damage done by a heartless, ruling class, even if it occurred hundreds of years ago. It is, perhaps, just one way to move forward.

I've broken enough rules now at this forum. Sorry.

Date: January 09, 2008 12:18PM

I know what you mean. I know what you mean. I too will move back to "forum rules obeyed" mode.

John

Date: January 09, 2008 09:08PM

In my opinion, I think on occasion rules need to be broken. If a bit of humor is needed to carry on then so be it. Sorry, but I think Rick would understand.

Cool. A couple of Australians. I won't even mention what I think about our government and the history of this country. Well maybe just a peep. I knew a native American a couple years back. Let's just say this- It's really sad how this country was founded and this land of the free was taken by brute force.

And being the land of the free I sure didn't get that chance growing up. Total control I lived under in this cult right under the noses of this free country. A little kid who had no one to go to for help because we have no laws governing dictator Hitler type people. Sneaky bastards. They know the loop holes.

Unfortunately most in this country are striving for the American Dream. It's just all a myth. If you haven't found the typical path to success you are often looked down upon and judged. I'm not saying this as an opinion. I'm saying this as a fact that I have experienced.

It's only when I started persuing being a cop that people started treating me differently. I've found that in being a typical female single mom that it has been very difficult "fitting in" with the rest of the typical married females in my town. Especially being that I've moved in about fife years back and my background is so radically different from others. I find that so many walk around in a staight of "cloneness" always trying to emulate a certain statis. I'm not trying to judge people myself but it's a reality I've just observed. So many conservative people afraid of being individuals. Which is my whole point. This country has so many standards that are all in the imaginations of the general population. I find myself liking the "oddballs", which are actually those who dare to be their true eccentric selves.

I often get told by my family members that I'm weird. Not in a critical way but in the fact that I dare to be weird. I used to be the family clown when i was a kid. I'm finding that the cult took my humor. It's finally coming back. I think I'm actually healing from this sucky ordeal. This forum has helped greatly. I've met a wide range of people from all over the world with such common issues. I can say I finally have some real friends.
FF

Date: January 10, 2008 04:18AM

FF, I'm so happy for you. What a great police officer you'll become with your acute perceptions and strength of will. I totally agree with the sentiments of your above post.

I, too, consider myself an 'oddball' of sorts, but my way of reaching the 'less fortunate' masses is to use my unique qualities to their best effect. You see, I am an artist: writer, musician, photographer, designer, inventor and, above all, lover of life and the natural world. I don't mean to highbrow myself because up until now I've only enjoyed moderate success. But that isn't the point. Self-expression is what truly motivates me. It is the 'magic pill' that keeps me from getting angry or disillusioned about our grey, apathetic society. It gives me an outlet for my thoughts and feelings.

One of the keys is finding like-minded individuals - other people who appreciate and trust you for your unique contribution. And consider the fact that you are not alone and that someday you'll be just as valuable to someone else in your predicament.

Date: January 10, 2008 08:20AM

Hey- I'm an artist too. That's how the cult witch snared me into the "family business". I have a natural gift for drawing/painting/sculpting. I had many years to hone my skills slave laboring for this dictator. That was my only saving grace- the fact I was doing something that I had a natural love for. It's really pathetic though how publicly she took all credit for everything that we designed, we being my sister and I.

When I left the cult she completely slandered my reputation. All the years we worked there we had built up a large amount of art collectors who bought all the stuff we made. Lost everyone of them. I don't even remember the names of any of them. I tell you, when your reputation is slandered/slashed to bits you never quite look at life the same way. You start to realise it's a blessing in disguise. So many people worry about the wrong things in life. A facade becomes so important. That's how so many never get out of bad situations-whether it's a bad marriage or whatever.

Anyway, since then I've done a few murals and recently did a portrait for a friend. Slowly but surely my desire to create art is coming back. I attempted to get into Advertisement Design but couldn't see doing art full time for the rest of my life in a cubical hunched over a computer. It would be too similar to what I did in the cult. The hunched over part that is.

I want to be around people more. I figure being an officer would get me in the middle of humanity- in all the reality of it. That's my true love.
FF

Date: January 10, 2008 11:27AM

That reminds me of a bit of a thought/saying that I have.

Don't worry about the neighbors thinking that you are weird. Once they know you're weird, you no longer have this to worry about. ... and you'll have an even greater freedom to be yourself. :-)

No more pretenses. No more looking over your shoulder. No need to worry about what they think.

John

Date: January 10, 2008 01:55PM

You're making me laugh again John Fox. I love you sideways smile. :-( ...oops :-) ....Better.
FF

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.