Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scientology
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: December 07, 2007 08:13PM

The German government is taking official actions against Scientology. There will be official investigation whether the goals of Scientology are conform with the constitution. And then it might be banned ... big press coverage !!!

It might be the beginning that LGATs are getting into the radar of governments ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scientology
Posted by: aware ()
Date: December 07, 2007 10:45PM

After years of being investigated and the story just dying off the best chance is not a hope of abolishing but to get the word out and let them die a natural death...blogs and word of mouth are helpful but reach far too few..the press needs to be involved...and the only way that is going to happen is if enough people go to them...any story that will sell is a story they will tell...and the press not only reaches the mases it gains the attention of the political machine...this is a world that is fear driven which is why we are all seeking 'answers'...money/power is not a substitute for self love and without self love we can't love our neighbor...which is exactly what LGATS thrive on...a false promise of love...first from the 'program' then the coaches and ultimately from your group...your new family, a very sickly dysfunctional family...when people are sinking hey will grasp anything that looks like a hand up...education will show them that hand up is in fact being handed a weight so you sink even fast

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:17PM

I shall be watching this closely. If indeed it does get banned I wonder whether they will go after the other life sucking scumbags - Landmark being the most obvious.

What intrigues me is the Lekkie view of scientology. Its quite funny when you ask them their opinions on this - it usually results in hands being thrown in the air and words and phrases like "Control" or "thats a real cult" or "they are just out to make money, not to help people like we are". I really did have to control myself from not erupting into fits of sustained gut wrenching laughter when I heard that last one.

Obviously Irony does not form part of their curriculum as a "distinction". Shame really, Lekkies might be able to grow a sense of humor if it was.

Its hilarious isn't it , its a bit like going up to crack cocaine addict and asking them what they think of heroine addicts and being told by the crack cocaine addict that heroine addicts have some real problems with addiction and how evil heroine is.

Going back to topic, I wonder which particular parts of the German constitution are in conflict? It would be useful to map this out in some way and see how Landmark similarities may work the same way. Then you could look at European legislation or US constitution to see if there is any specific areas that could be um... useful.

"Why oh why didn't I take the Blue Pill"

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:20PM

www.thevillagenews.com/story.php?story_id=27029#comments

Don't know if this will work but this is a link to a news article on PSI Seminars. You can leave comments.

Date: December 09, 2007 05:36AM

Blue Pill
Its hilarious isn't it , its a bit like going up to crack cocaine addict and asking them what they think of heroine addicts and being told by the crack cocaine addict that heroine addicts have some real problems with addiction and how evil heroine is.

Yes, "WE are NOT scientology" :-)

Blue Pill
Going back to topic, I wonder which particular parts of the German constitution are in conflict?

It is not an easy thing to ban a . A former member of the parlament and government said in public that in his opinioin scientology is dangerous and doing "brainwashing". How dare he :-) . Not only in this respect Landmark and Scientology are very similar: a lawsuit was started against the minister.
Scientology against freedom of will, freedom of press .. fundamental democratic principles, but the chances to prove this are thought not to be very high. Only the communist party is banned, because it is obviously undermining democratic principles, not even the new Nazi party has been banned, because officially it agrees with the constitution and democratic principles.

Date: December 09, 2007 05:51AM

Here a definition fo Scientology I read in the press, which applies to Landmark as well:
"I think it is neither a church nor a religious movement, not even a cult. It is rather a brutal commercial society, which places its members (one should say "victims" under disability and dependeny with bad psycho tricks in order to sell them expensive , but nonsense literature, partly under extorsive conditions. Just exploitation ...

Date: December 09, 2007 01:46PM

The Secretary of the Interior officially said now that Scientology is against the constitution and that it declines democratic principles. Information and prevention are most important for dealing with Scientology. They are checking the possibility of a ban. The press says that if the state fails to prove this to the courts, it will further strengthen Scientology.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:47AM

Very interesting story, it will be fascinating to see the reports and results.

The Nazi's were a type of "mass murder cult" of power and they practiced all the mind control techniques that the big cults practice.
Clearly Germany wants to make sure that type of mass brainwashing of the public does not happen again.
So hopefully that investigation will expose Scientology for what it is, and what it does to people.

If one thinks about it, the Nazi's were the ultimate destructive cult, they destroyed countless other people and countries, and a large part of the world. Most of these big aggressive cults want to "rule the world" in one way or another.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 10, 2007 01:00AM

also, here in the US there is almost total "religious freedom" based on history, but with that freedom has come horrendous abuse of the system. This is why most of these cults like Scientology became a "religion" in the US, for the tax loopholes to make more money faster.
In Germany, a cult took over the entire country, and so they changed their laws to try and stop that happening again.
Its time for the US and other countries to get rid of the loopholes for so-called "religions", but good luck getting that done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 01:03AM by The Anticult.

Date: December 10, 2007 10:43PM

yes, Anticult. In Europe, there is also religious freedom, and it is therefore difficult to get them. However, politicians become aware that something is fundamentally wrong with these organizations, so they feel a strong need to act to protect citiziens. By law, there are not many ways to get them. And if they are classified as a religion, they are fully protected. But its ridiculous, what God do they believe in ... money and they themselves are their Gods.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.