Rich Dad Education; Anyone heard of them?
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: November 30, 2007 07:06AM

I was driving down the freeway this afternoon and heard a radio ad for "Rich Dad Education." I checked out their web site and it appears to be another Large Group Awareness Training Program.

Anyone have any information on them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rich Dad Education; Anyone heard of them?
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 30, 2007 12:51PM

Yes I've heard of them and read the material and took one of his investing courses.

I haven't been to any of Kiyosaki's seminars or exhibitions in quite some time. But basically his stuff is about investing and making money and learning how to generate passive income. Could he be classified as some sort of investment "Guru"? Yes. But I think overall he's pretty begnin. I took and read his stuff out of interest in bettering my investment portfolio. A lot of what he teaches and writes about is common sense business stuff. Some I don't agree with some I do.

I also took and read his stuff before I ever had my LGAT experience. I didn't get jacked up by Kiyosaki. I got jacked up by Landmark. As a matter of fact I got out of debt right after reading his stuff. Landmark did just the opposite, created sort of a need for retail therapy at times, "just go out and do it, i.e. if it makes you feel good spend your money." Kiyosaki is more like "So you want X item or want to do X thing? Go find an investment and make your money then either get or do what your wanting to do. But invest first and generate the cash flow before spending the money." Which is just the opposite of what most people do.

Will there be a sales pitch? Yes. Could it be classified as a hard sell? Possibly. Will you get harassing phone calls from people like you would from an LGAT? I didn't back then. I can't speak for now, but I doubt it. I get something in the mail every now and then since I took one of his real estate courses. Infact I can't even remember the last time I got a phone call from his organization, even an email.

You will usually run across Kiyosaki and Rich Dad stuff at those huge investment and real estate expo's. At those places you will run across a lot of Guru's pitching their latest get rich scheme.

Could his stuff be taken to an extreme. After having my LGAT experience I believe it could, I also believe that about a lot of stuff now a days. But I highly doubt that if you go to the event that you will walk out a Zombie with some sort of mental brainwashing. In fact you will be able to get up and go to the restroom when you want. Although it will probably be so crowded you won't be able too. If you show up late you probably won't be chastised and you probably won't be chastised if you get up and leave. However you will see some people get up and run to buy his stuff like a heard of hungry cattle at feeding time. Like they have just found their ticket to wealth and happiness putting an end to their life of drudgury, but those people will probably be in for a big surprise and have an expensive set of binders and books that will only collect dust on in some obscure place in their home.

His stuff may have changed since I messed with it about 2 1/2 years ago. Who knows people and organizations change.

Be aware though that if you do attend there will be a sales pitch. That is also how for the most part I can see that Kiyosaki is making his money now, through his education stuff.

If you want to find out more do a search on the web you'll be able to find out a lot there. Also his books can be found in most new and used bookstores. At one time one of his books was a best seller "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

I'm not being an apologist here. I'm pretty neutral and I do use some of his concepts in my take on investing and approach to business. But like I said I didn't get jacked up by Kiyosaki and his organization. I did get jacked up by Landmark and I freakin hate LGAT's with a passion because of what they do to innocent people and how Landmark did such a number on me. Some people love the guy with a very unhealthy passion other people can't stand him and openly say so. If Rich Dad Education has become an LGAT or a cult that would be a very unfortunate turn of events.

I can possibly answer questions and explain some of the business concepts he talks about to claify thing if needed. But like I said I don't necessarily agree with everything he says and writes.

Anyhow that's my take on it and experience with it. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:44PM

Education?
[www.johntreed.com]

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: December 01, 2007 12:15AM

Excellent article.

Like I said I don't agree with everything Kiyosaki says. Like I alleuded to earlier about him telling people common sense stuff. Just like in LGAT's these guys take common sense repackage it into something bright and shiny and sell it back to people, people who are usually desperate.

Since he has a connection to the Money and You stuff, that makes me question him even more.

I'm going to keep an eye on this guy and his educational stuff. I am now, since Landmark, sharply critical of any person spouting out advice for a price!

I might have been fooled once, but not again. I already told the Raymond Aaron group where they could go when I found out about his connection with a former EST VP, and Raymonds glowing promotion of Landmark Education in one of his CD's.

All of these guys seem connected to me.

People need to be careful out there and think critically when coming across stuff like Rich Dad Education. If the stuff doesn't add up, then it's probably just fluff anyway.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 01, 2007 04:05AM

Robert Kiyosaki is running a flat out LGAT scam of the highest order, and some even call him a con-artist. There were some various threads about him here before...

[forum.culteducation.com]

Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Academy - Rich Dad Education

Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki Exposed

Robert Kiyosaki EST Money and You

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.