shutting them down
Posted by: aware ()
Date: November 26, 2007 12:26PM

I know these groups have been checked out by 20/20 but a long time ago...why haven't these been the topic of discussion on similar shows lately?...or even on Oprah?...the public needs to be aware/warned...and why do they contiune to thrive? Is there no legal recourse to shut them down?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: shutting them down
Posted by: Sheryl Onuma ()
Date: October 23, 2010 06:26AM

I am just new to this site.. I am writing from Sydney I am writing about The Human Awareness Institue...and I just want to say to everyone that without this site and the things I have read about personal experiences I would never have had my gut feelings and fears vindicated...I only wish I had know about this site ages ago...I could have been saved from so much pain........my name is Sheryl ......I am going to do everything in my power to try and make as many people aware of how dreadful this all is.....even if only half of what is written about HAI is true...then it is still sickening....can anyone make any comments please....

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:06AM

One thing you may be up against is that it is quite a ghastly experience for human beings to face that they were used.

It is very tempting for people to try to hold themselves together in the face of the horror of feeling betrayed and 'done to' by telling themselves that they wanted it, or that because their bodies registered excitement or even enjoyment while their minds felt doubt, confusion, or aversion, that this meant that they consented, or wanted it to happen--

It then becomes fiendishly easy to con people whose bodies have gone one way while the mind registers no I dont want to be here to believe 'You liked it. You wanted it. You need to remain here and do more, so that you can integrate this'

(All this is imaginary dialogue, btw--strategies of rationalization are similar no matter what the setting)

Human physiology is very complicated. It is dreadfully easy for a human body to feel excitement and even sexual tingle while ones mind is feeling violation, ethical revulsion, or utter confusion.

In such a sitaution, many can be easily conned to believe that just because the body tingles, this means you 'want it', you gave consent, that you are naturally polyamorous and your doubtful brain is just all hung up and holding you back.

No. If your mind has doubts, disapproves, or feels confused, you have not given full consent. And you have every right to look back at the situation and decide you dont want it and want to leave. Or dont want to have anything further to do with whgever recommended it.

You can say, 'Just because I felt excited and AT THE TIME seemed to give phyiscal signals of enjoyment does not mean I want to do it again and it does not mean I am naturally designed to live this way. I have every right to have second thoughts, I have every right to look back and ponder this privately and at my own pace and to decide this is not for me.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:37AM

Sheryl Onuma
I am just new to this site.. I am writing from Sydney I am writing about The Human Awareness Institue...and I just want to say to everyone that without this site and the things I have read about personal experiences I would never have had my gut feelings and fears vindicated...I only wish I had know about this site ages ago...I could have been saved from so much pain........my name is Sheryl ......I am going to do everything in my power to try and make as many people aware of how dreadful this all is.....even if only half of what is written about HAI is true...then it is still sickening....can anyone make any comments please....

We know that you are feeling emotionally scarred (and scared I guess) right now. But please can you avoid repeating the issues in numerous threads. Its makes supporting you a little difficult.

However I suggest that you download and read this book - its free - it was writen by an Australian - who received death threats from the kind of secretive organisations that HAI and others have become.

[www.louisesamways.com.au]

[www.louisesamways.com.au] - its a PDF file (not too large)

Take care - ST

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 01:39AM by SeekingTruth.

Posted by: Matthewop ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:46PM

I feel so sorry to hear your problem.. i think it will be sovled by all means except for the violence!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.