lies lies lies
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 01, 2007 02:30AM

Ewwww . . . I looked at part of the videotape that was shot of me at CONtext's 21st Century Followership (they called it Leadership) "course". The video (oh, I'll have to transcribe Randy's introduction . . . such B.S.) is something we're supposed to "share" with friends (to recruit them but of course that's not what Randy says in his intro).

There's one part where I'm about to receive "feedback" from Randy and I notice that I immediately assume a wrong body position: I put my hands together in front of my body (they used to call it "fig leaf"). I promptly put my hands back at my sides, where they belong per the lgat rules, then I put them together behind my back ("reverse fig leaf"). Ooops again . . . still the wrong position. There's only one right position . . . hands at sides, wide open for criticism.

The "feedback", I realized in watching the tape, is designed to make me a salesperson for CONtext. The goal of how we present ourselves is to be attractive to others, so that others will want to be near us and will want to follow us! Meanwhile, we were admonished to be authentic. But if being authentic didn't correlate with the CONtext salesperson mold, we were corrected.

HUH?

NUTS!

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES

They forgot to disclose that what they were going to teach us was how to sell their course.

The tape is difficult to watch, but instructive.

skeptic

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lies lies lies
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 01, 2007 02:59AM

Randy's intro (re tape mentioned in previous post):

Hi. I'm Randy Revell, founder of Context Associated & producers of our course 21st Century Leadership. I'm talking now to the person who's viewing this tape that I assume is not the person who was the subject of the tape, so this person who has lent you the tape and is allowing you to view it is interested in you knowing more about him, in you knowing more about her, as the case may be. And the tape was made as I said during our course 21st Century Leadership. In the course the friend of yours that is showing this to you really was challenged and came up against himself, came up against herself, in a number of ways that produced a dramatic increase in self knowledge. That person captured a part of himself, captured a part of herself, that few people really rarely acknowledge. So you're about to see that. You'll see that and you'll also see a few presentations here, a few presentations on leadership that your friend was making. So I imagine that the purpose your friend has in showing you this tape is to increase the connection between the two of you. Certainly you will know more about that person by the time you finish viewing this and hopefully the connection will be stronger and the amount of goodwill in your relationship will be stronger. That's what drives us here at Context Associated. So here's your friend, making some presentations and telling you about himself, telling you about herself.

Posted by: mydogfido ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:18AM

OMG, skeptic -- that text from Randy is disgusting!

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 02, 2007 08:58AM

Guilt trip arriving in 5, 4, 3 ....

John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.