Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
'What is holding you back?' is this LGAT-speak?
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: October 04, 2007 04:01AM

This sounds similar to something the Release Technique uses. I told my husband I wasn't interested in doing the program period. He replied "Larry says 'everybody has an excuse'" (Larry Crane is the RT guru)

I told my husband that "excuse" presupposes that I have decided that it is in my best interest to do something I'm not doing. Since I have decided that it is [i:eaa95fccbd]not[/i:eaa95fccbd] in my best interest to do the program, there can be no "excuse".

I think asking oneself "what's holding you back?" could be a helpful way of identifying blocks to doing something you would actually like to do. Iit may be that "holding back" from doing something is the best couse of action.

Options: ReplyQuote
'What is holding you back?' is this LGAT-speak?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 04, 2007 07:14AM

It is more than just the phrase.

Its when you respect someone as a person, expect them to reciprocate by seeing you as a person, while what is really happening covertly is that they're regarding you as a malfunctioning machine making funny noises ('no I am not interested') and they keep right on tinkering until they get get the malfunctioning machine to emit the right set of noises by either buying their product or attending their LGAT.

Its the nonreciprocity of personhood that makes it stink--especially when the objectification of relationships is masked by verbal camoflage full of soulful human potential language that conceals the utter lack of humanity of what is being done to us---namely using us as objects without

*Our being told that we are being used as objects

*Our repect for the humanity of the other leaves us vulnerable and off guard in relation to someone who is regarding us as objects, machines and doesnt hear our communication as anything other than a set of funny noises that translates into either Unsatisfactory/no never means no vs.
Satisfactory-sign-them-up.

We are treated as malfunctioning computers and these folks are just trying to find our PIN code so they can turn us into ATMs. Or that we are machines with corrupted programs and its up to these LGAT types to re-write our programs and reboot us so we fit right into their Matrix/Borg world

Seeing someone as a person, respecting them while they covertly see us as meat-machines feels ugly. Its was that creepy vibe that got me just before I felt irate and put off by the 'What is holding you back?'

The most radical way to alter your own reality is to hang around as often as possible with people who respect thier own--and others' humanity.

Its like getting used to real food, rather than living life on fast food.

Once you are used to the taste of humanizing relationships where humanity is seen and reciprocated on both sides, you quickly smell when someone is pretending to see you as a person while covertly using you as an object. But it takes time and practice in face to face encounters to learn this. We can discuss this in cyberspace, but cannot fully learn the feel of this unless with other people who relate with everyone as persons.

And--with no hidden agendas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.